Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:26 AM
Default Trouble with CC pattern and saved pattern icons turning black
Sometimes I will download a really nice pattern, install it, and then in Edit mode, will discover that the icon is all black. I can click on the black square, and when it colors the part I'm editing, I can see what the pattern is, but sometimes it's still black. The ones that stay black, if I use the color slider to brighten them, the pattern will begin to show up. When it's a wall I'm trying to edit, if I use one of the black icon wall styles, then after it's applied and I've clicked saved, I can't go back and edit it. I'll get an error message "cannot be edited." This will also sometimes happen with recolors I've saved of non-cc patterns.

So I'm wondering why this happens. I assume it's something with how it was created. I have CAP, so I could load a pattern up and fix it, if someone could tell me how. But beyond that, I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to fix these black icons. Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 1:31 PM
I have noticed this when there are more color channels than EA made spaces for. That is you cant style the pattern anyway, so for my purposes if they go black I don't want them. Has anyone else noticed this?

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.