Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:18 AM
Maternity Leave
So I have looked for this everywhere but is there anyway I can reset Maternity leave? My sim works 3 days a week so waiting for her to get off the leave is annoying. Any thing i can do beside downloading a mod?

Add me on Origin: NanaRee1995
FunFact my username is from my first name being Hanna and middle being Marie and my older sister deciding that she is going to call me NanaRee.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:21 AM
You want to reset it or to pass the Leave? Because resetting is about restarting the Leave, not to have it over. IMO, without the use of mods, just go to something else, play some other household, until said sim's maternity leave is over.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
You want to reset it or to pass the Leave? Because resetting is about restarting the Leave, not to have it over. IMO, without the use of mods, just go to something else, play some other household, until said sim's maternity leave is over.

I mean end the leave, and I'm playing my legacy house so I don't really want to switch houses but if i have to I will. And thanks for the help.

FunFact my username is from my first name being Hanna and middle being Marie and my older sister deciding that she is going to call me NanaRee.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:29 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can end Leave early unless you use mod (such as MasterController, it is quite safe to do so).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:42 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can end Leave early unless you use mod (such as MasterController, it is quite safe to do so).

I don't have enough space on my comouter for mods or CC, my computer barley runs the games so thats why I don't want mods.

just a girl
#6 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:01 AM
The only way I know it to resign. But if your sim is on high level, it is not very suitable =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
The only way I know it to resign. But if your sim is on high level, it is not very suitable =)

Nope they're only level 5 but I dont wanna lose her rank completly. Ugh, maybe I'll just wait it out.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaRee16
I don't have enough space on my comouter for mods or CC, my computer barley runs the games so thats why I don't want mods.

Certain mods take up a lot of space. But script/core mods are just text and barely take up any space if at all (like adding a feather onto the weight of a car). In fact, MasterController type of mod will make your game run even faster.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:26 AM
Certain mods take up a lot of space. But script/core mods are just text and barely take up any space if at all (like adding a feather onto the weight of a car). In fact, MasterController type of mod will make your game run even faster.

This is also gonna sound really bad but I dont know how to install that stuff. I try and it never works.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:30 AM
Don't worry, just enjoy the game

I just told you about those mods to let you know of the possibility. Not every mod is about hair, clothes, etc... A little information doesn't hurt. But for now, don't worry about what I said, just play your game.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:49 AM
Don't worry, just enjoy the game

I just told you about those mods to let you know of the possibility. Not every mod is about hair, clothes, etc... A little information doesn't hurt. But for now, don't worry about what I said, just play your game.

I know about the different mods and it'd be nice to have them but it just frustrates me and ive been playing sims since 2008ish

just a girl
#12 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaRee16
I know about the different mods and it'd be nice to have them but it just frustrates me and ive been playing sims since 2008ish

The trappy thing about mods is that first you take in game one or two and then you need more, more and more. Maybe you should never start.
#13 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 2:16 AM
The amount of leave in the game is crazy, and add onto that Festival Days, it's a wonder a sim gets any work done at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 2:50 AM
There are some mods I really WANT but I know that it probably is a good thing I don't start. It is stupid thats why I have all the kids early on so I can get it over with but with this stupid random legacy challenge you cant do anything to make money besides their job.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 4:21 PM
You should really have Overwatch though if you're doing a legacy. Your town's going to get bloated very quickly without it.

And yes, there is no way to remove or cancel maternity leave without mods.

You know what I wish doesn't exist? The crapload of time you get off for marriage...
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 7:42 PM
You can use testingcheatsenabled true.

Set your career to a random career and then set it back. You will have less/no maternity leave.
(it reduces like 10 days to 1 or 2)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
You should really have Overwatch though if you're doing a legacy. Your town's going to get bloated very quickly without it.

And yes, there is no way to remove or cancel maternity leave without mods.

You know what I wish doesn't exist? The crapload of time you get off for marriage...

Just a thought, in real life people complain about working too much, with barely a day off. And when EA tries to please the crowd by giving more days off in their virtual world of life simulation, and we complain This serves to point out humans are very hard to please.

just a girl
#18 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 12:09 AM
In the Sims 2 it was up to player - to take maternity leave or to work. We were free to choose, that was nice
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 1:37 AM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
In the Sims 2 it was up to player - to take maternity leave or to work. We were free to choose, that was nice

I loved that so much! I remember going to work when they were newborns and saving their vacation days until they were toddlers. The babies sleep most of the day , it's the toddlers that actually need the attention!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama

I would possibly download mods if I knew how too, and what do you mean get bloated?

Scholar
#21 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 11:14 PM
Try here and then here. Trust me, I'm pretty terrible with computers and I thought it was impossible for me to learn. These were the only guides that explained it well enough that I could finally understand. Of course CC isn't necessary but it is nice, and if you want it (as I did) these are super helpful.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
Try here and then here. Trust me, I'm pretty terrible with computers and I thought it was impossible for me to learn. These were the only guides that explained it well enough that I could finally understand. Of course CC isn't necessary but it is nice, and if you want it (as I did) these are super helpful.

It's not all that hard once you grasp the concept. Most of the time people fear new things (I myself included) is looking at all the technical terms and the projected learning curve. But once we give it some times, and ask a few questions (this is why forums exist), it will be just another piece of cake. As efolger997 stated, it's not impossible, and no, you are not required to do any "programming" at all.