Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 1:43 AM
Default Stupid question and invisible clothes
A few days ago I downloaded some facial masks, but can't find them in my game. Where to look?

Downloaded new clothes too. Two of them should be in "everyday" category. They aren't.

My theory is - both of them, masks, and clothes, are just broken, and that's why I can't find them. Any other theories? Help .
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 7:57 PM
Are you sure they are Sims 3 items and not Sims 2 items?

Face masks should be in Makeup, under the Costume paint category, although I would also look in Accessories or tattoos just in case someone wanted one that worked with one of the other facemasks in the game. That should have been mentioned in the download thread, though.

If they are package files, you can scan them with the Dashboard and see if they are corrupt or broken. (or Sims 2 files. )

If you have missing clothes, it is possible you are missing a mesh. It is not as big a problem in Sims 3, but it can still happen.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 12:33 AM
I'm 100% sure. I thought the same, and checked Makeup, and Tattoos categories. Even Dashboard tells me, that my files should be visible as Makeup, showing me the description - Makeup.

Clothes - according to Dashboard, they should be available as Naked, Everyday, Sleepwear, and Swimwear. They are not...

Both of missing files are made by HDSCreations.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...t-holes-by.html - bullets.
http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...-creations.html
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 12:44 AM
Well they're both by HDS, so asking there might be your best bet. Just for yuks, I downloaded the wound one myself, and a quick look in CASP shows it's valid for males only. Were you by any chance trying to place a wound on a female, as you wouldn't be able to as it's not female enabled?
Site Helper
#5 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 3:14 AM
I am inherently suspicious of any clothing enabled for "naked" as my sims invariably decide to use it for their own naked state whether I want them to or not.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well they're both by HDS, so asking there might be your best bet. Just for yuks, I downloaded the wound one myself, and a quick look in CASP shows it's valid for males only. Were you by any chance trying to place a wound on a female, as you wouldn't be able to as it's not female enabled?

Valid for males...O my God...Didn't notice...*facepalm*. I tried again, and yes, you are right...it works...but only for males. Stupid me.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I am inherently suspicious of any clothing enabled for "naked" as my sims invariably decide to use it for their own naked state whether I want them to or not.

After shower, turn water off, and run around the house with - for example - bleeding stomach? It would be true "WTF moment".