Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
Can't bring up cheat dialogue for Sims 3! Anyone else?
Hi everyone, I played Sims 3 for about 6 hours yesterday!

The only issue I encountered is that I cannot bring up the cheat dialogue using CTRL + SHIFT + C.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:05 PM
Nope x_X?

Hmmmm…did you try restarting your computer? Or…-gasp- reinstalling?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
Did you save after all that time?

Quote: "The sun feels cold today"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:11 PM
^^^
Yes, I restarted the computer/game and still was not able to bring up the cheat dialogue. I was wondering if this was a bug.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
i cant bring it up either....i was wondering if i could only do it in create a sim or something becuz ive tried it in live mode and it isnt working
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
^^^^^
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
Are you guys playing on Macs? It's different. Can't remember now, maybe cmd-shift-c.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
^^^
No, playing on a PC.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
Weird. Works reliably for me in live/buy/build modes. Using any unusual keyboard?

I always use the LEFT CTRL and SHIFT for what it's worth.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:50 PM
I also cannot open the debug console on my system (laptop) here at work. However, on my system at home (also laptop), the console opens just fine. Both are identical installs from EA-Downloaded game (d/l'd yesterday).
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:18 PM
Have any of you tried to use the cheat commands (Ctrl/Shift/C) while NOT in the game? Sometimes there will be another program installed on the computer which uses those three keys as "hot keys" to open that program. If that's the case, you need to click on Properties (for the program that is using those keys) and then change the hot keys to different keys or delete the hot keys altogether. Once you've done that, restart your computer then go into the game and see if the cheat box will now open.

Oh, and that happens to a lot of people who are just playing The Sims 2 game as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:10 PM
^^^
Ah, thank you. Another program does open when I use CTRL+SHIFT+C. Hopefully that solves it. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:49 PM
you do knoq its black now right just checking cause you may not have seen iot due to that fact
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:12 AM
You're welcome, secretsim! Oh, and I actually forgot, but many people say that if you use Ctrl/Shift/Windows/C that works for them. So, if the above doesn't work for you, try that instead.

The cheat box is now black? That's different.