Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:19 AM
Default story progression off ...
again i haven't played the game yet but i want to know whats with the story progression, can you of can't you turn it off for the neighborhood? what is this about NPCs still moving in or something after you killed them? how or even can you turn off the progression for the house you are playing and will the progression turn off for your other sims houses you make?

WHAT! THE SIMS YOU MADE ON (CAS I THINK IT IS) AND HAVN'T PLAYED IN A WHILE MOVE OUT OF THE TOWN WITH OUT YOU WANTING THEM TOO!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:05 AM
There's data about this everywhere.

You can turn Story Progression off for the neighbourhood. But that's all you can do, and all it does - turn it off, and it'll still be on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM
wait i thought they said you can turn it off for FAMILYS you make.
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
Story Progression has 2 settings. Off & On. It should work for your "FAMILYS" you make, and it should work for the 'hood, but it doesn't work at all. It's a broken feature and its promises it makes about how your game will behave, are cruel jokes.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM
Sorry to say EA has released to us a BETA, in order to save their financial butts from bankruptcy, so yeah, for the time being this is what we have to deal with... a beta :s
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:48 AM
I've got my game on monday. I have 2 savegames, the first one with story progression ON, the second one with Story progression OFF. After 3 days, there is no difference between those 2 savegames. Families are moved, deleted, merged by the game the same way.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:50 AM
Things that also bug the neighbourhood are turning aging on or off, changing the length of time, or marrying or befriending and moving in NPCs...

When you switch households sims also lose their personal customized items in their inventory, as well as valuables which dissappear without a trace.

The only semi-functional workaround for now is playing only one household per neighbourhood and creating many neighbourhoods, and having them live in a twilight zone/groundhog day type world...

Sigh...