Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:13 AM Last edited by jlsteeldragon : 12th Feb 2014 at 2:36 AM.
Default Premade sims.. what can i do about them????
I don't if this is the right forum thread location for this, sorry there are just so many different threads and I've been searching all day long for this answer.. so here it is:

Is there a way to hide/block/disable or remove the pr-emade Sims that come with the install in the CAS? (not the families one in the library) I will never use these nor have a reason to have them in there.. they are more of a delay for all my custom made Sim's / Sim-pets..

I know there is a tab to hide them as well but I always have to wait for them all to load then chose it which at times can take awhile with my custom made Sim's in there as well..

I have been search high and low for anything that will do this with no luck.. some say the awesome mod will do this but the program can also have consequences with the game as well in general..

Does anyone know if there a package file that will do this? Anything would be useful.. whether is an auto config option, hide package file similar to hiding default clothes, etc... anything

Again if this is in the wrong category of forum threads. could you please inform me so that i can relocate it to the correct area
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:34 AM
No, you cannot get rid of the premade sims already in the CAS library. However, there are only a relative handful of them, and they do not slow up the loading of the CAS library. If your library is slow to fill with your custom sims' photos, it's because you have a lot of custom sims. And as someone with WAY too many custom sims, believe me, I know how long it takes to get the last freaking thumbnail loaded. I could prepare a 4 course meal for 8 people waiting for them to all load.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:41 AM
thats cool.. just wondering if any knows of a package file that may just hide them.. that would work as well.. I dont have alot of them but I have to sit and wait for all the Baby-elder people, dogs, cats, horses, etc, etc, etc, Male and female alike to all load.. then I can finally find the one i want to use.. its PITA (pain in the a$$) every time i want to do this..
or option 2? config file option to set to auto-hide by default when i start game up? anything would be great besides having to start game, go to CAS click and wait for all the EA pre-mades to load then finally choose my Sim i want to continue to work on or use...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 4:11 AM Last edited by babele44 : 12th Feb 2014 at 3:40 PM.
AwesomeMod has this function to set the custom Sims filter as default. I don't know whether one of the NRaas mods does something similar.

Edit: And now I wonder what that disagree is supposed to disagree with. AwesomeMod does have that option to load only custom Sims when loading CAS and I just checked, MasterController at least doesn't have it.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 2:49 PM
Pretty sure it's the Master Controller. It has a total annihilation option which completely removes sims. It also gives you options.
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
AwesomeMod has this function to set the custom Sims filter as default. I don't know whether one of the NRaas mods does something similar.

Edit: And now I wonder what that disagree is supposed to disagree with. AwesomeMod does have that option to load only custom Sims when loading CAS and I just checked, MasterController at least doesn't have it.

I agree. I don't see anything wrong with your statement?

Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
Pretty sure it's the Master Controller. It has a total annihilation option which completely removes sims. It also gives you options.

I think OP is talking about the premade Sims in CAS.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44

Well, Pescado and his mods have this effect on some people.... which is really hard to understand since he is such a kind and considerate person I like his mods but tend to avoid MATY, other than for downloading.
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I think OP is talking about the premade Sims in CAS.

Ahh, see now it all makes sense. XD