Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 4:36 PM
Default Is it bad having very few residential lots?
This world is probs just for personal use its a medium sized island and I have only made room for about 6-10 residential lots, is this amount to little ? I would of thought there would only be problems with to many lots but just wanted to check, already done quite a lot to this world so don't want to chuck it XD so hoping it won't matter if there's only 6 houses for sims haha
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
if you want to increase residential lots, you can reduce commercial lots since they can be combined. Or you can do combo lots with com and res. basically you don't need any lots for RH, b/c they can be combined on other lots.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599598

No i don't want to increase them, i actually liked only having 6 or so, i just wondered if its bad, like will it cause any problems?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 8:06 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 25th Dec 2018 at 8:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Unless there is something wrong with your game as is, it should be fine.
Thanks!
p.s can I just say your user name is awesome!

I have found another world which only has 8 res lots so thats good its called kateto island, not relevant but it is adorable !
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:11 PM
Can't say it's bad, just fewer sims to interact with your household. Personally I LOVE lots of sims, lots and lots. So I make what I call "clubhouses" which are very tiny lots 10x10 with a two story house, one bunk bed maybe a crib if I want and I put them all over for single sims or roommate sims. Very simple, but does the job...plus they're cheap which makes new resident sims happy.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 26th Dec 2018 at 11:21 AM.
It depends on what kind of play you see for this world. If the gameplay you see only requires 1 lot, 1 lot is enough.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It depends on what kind of play you see for this world. If the gameplay you see only requires 1 lot, 1 lot is enough.

Just a small quite island with very few people haha XD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:40 AM
I often start with only one zoned for residential use for my founding family and zone others as the new families begin to arrive over the early years of the tonw's lifespan.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I often start with only one zoned for residential use for my founding family and zone others as the new families begin to arrive over the early years of the tonw's lifespan.

Probably sounding dumb but not sure what you mean by 'zone' ?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:55 AM
I tend to go to heavy on community and too light on residences and so there are not enough sims as residents. I now build more residences for a more busy world. But that is just my preference.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Probably sounding dumb but not sure what you mean by 'zone' ?

Zone is what we call the type of lot. Like residential or community, and then what type of community lot you would like it to be.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Zone is what we call the type of lot. Like residential or community, and then what type of community lot you would like it to be.

Thanks Volvenom i got confused haha,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I tend to go to heavy on community and too light on residences and so there are not enough sims as residents. I now build more residences for a more busy world. But that is just my preference.
Yeh i used to use way to many community lots, But now since its a horse world i only have a school, hospital and city hall, plus a grocery store