Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
@Becca - I've read that child sims can't die (this goes for all the younger ages). It's much more likely that she was taken by the social worker while you were away.

My own dumb question = Has anyone tried to stock a pond on their home lot with fish yet? If so, do they reproduce, improve quality, or anything? Do you have to feed them?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heytay424
I cannot figure out how to make a 'group meal' of something. My girl has an opportunity to earn extra cash by making a group meal of cookies. I thought it would be a serving of cookies but it isn't... Anyone have an idea?

Did you put the serving platter in the Sim's inventory? It needs to be in the inventory in order to finish the opportunity. Every group meal opportunity I've had so far just required a serving platter of the food in question.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Scholar
#78 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:51 PM
How do I change my sims' clothings? I looked around sunset valley but I couldnt find a clothing store.. if it even exists.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#79 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:11 PM
lazzybum, just go to the dresser and "Plan Outfit" -- your Sims now have access to all clothes for their gender/lifestage, but you can only store three outfits per outfit type.
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
Just a question I asked myself as I'm playing on a french version : does the guitar song learnable starting level 5 have a french name as I suspect it (i.e. "oui Madame, je le veux") ?

If so, this would be one of the things that made me laugh the most during the game.

If not, it would be a shame, as "oui Madame, je le veux" could be an excellent answer to the famous question "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?".
Theorist
#81 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
Can you change the thickness of stubble?

Also, why do we have two stupid question threads?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
1. You know how if you have for example a slob sim, then any cleaning interaction will have a no sign over the slob icon becuase cleaning is against their personality. The thing that's been bugging me is why does my easily impressed woman have the no icon if I use the drawer to change her clothing?
She doesn't have it if I click her and use change outfit.

2. One of my sims wanted to see the cooking channel. So I brought them a tv, but there's no cooking channel in it. I later did see the cooking channel in the tv in the gym. But never had it in the tv at their house. Also I'v heared rumours about a channel that teaches you handiness, but have seen nothing.

3. The game tips that come when you are in the loading screen talked about free classes. So far the only classes my sims have taken is normal priced and the discount classes from the paper. Where are the free classes? and is it always the same or does it rotate?
Instructor
#83 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
I can't get Riverview to install on my game. Every time I click the install button for it on the EA download thing it loads up and then just disappears off the screen. Does anyone else have this problem?
Test Subject
#84 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:52 AM
My stupid question is --

Who is Lolita Goth? It's bugging me badly.

I think that shes Gunther's ex-wife. O.O'

The person of my dreams is my worst nightmare
Field Researcher
#85 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chancey_willis10
My stupid question is --

Who is Lolita Goth? It's bugging me badly.

I think that shes Gunther's ex-wife. O.O'

i think Lolita is dead...i think i saw a grave named : Lolita Goth

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Field Researcher
#86 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:22 PM
Okay, here's a question: Do toddlers still have the ability to escape from their cribs? Honestly, I used to rely on this method of letting them loose when the parents were busy not-dying, and the kid screamed to get free.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:09 PM
Toddlers could escape from their cribs before?!!! I never even knew that! lol

Also how do you make cookies? What catagory is it under because I just got the oppurtunity where you have to make cookies. So how do I make cookies?
Field Researcher
#88 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
you need to discover the recipes yourself...
i can't make cookies either...i didn know that was i didn have the ingrediants or i didn't know the recipe!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Field Researcher
#89 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:21 PM
OK does any one know how I can discover it?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#90 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:46 PM
Emily, there's a recipe for cookies at the bookstore. Or you can watch the cooking channel on TV and hope to learn it that way.
Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible while playing a game to stop playing the first family you made and make another family and play them in the same neighborhood? (If that made sense)

Can you play two created families in the same neighborhood?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:18 PM
anyone know why all my hair keeps disappearing off my sims heads?? its driving me crazy!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#93 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:23 PM
Stacyy, you already have a post with that question. Please don't multi-post.

Omgzyulia, you can switch families using the "Edit Town" option (available under the ...). This includes adding multiple CAS-created families to the neighborhood and then switching between them.
Instructor
#94 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
Yes, but drastic changes will happen to the family you aren't playing, they might quit their jobs, they might move out of town never to be heard from again.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wiz1
If I download sims 3 from gamestop, EA etc, can I install It on several PCs'?

If u buy it direct download from EA you can install it on 3 comps. try and do it on more than that and you have to connect online thru the EADM EVERYTIME you want to play...learnt that he hard way wi TS2

I have a wee question, can we not have custom paintings like in TS2? I got ma choons in fine but I dina think we can have oor fotis as pics

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:59 AM
sorry mangaroo i was very busy and for some reason couldn't find my previous post & thought it got deleted.
thanks though.

Edit// No one has even responded to that thread haha.
I guess no one knows of an answer. That sucks!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stacyy
sorry mangaroo i was very busy and for some reason couldn't find my previous post & thought it got deleted.
thanks though.

Edit// No one has even responded to that thread haha.
I guess no one knows of an answer. That sucks!

I think it's just a glitch..sometimes the npcs bodies dissapear in my games, it's so wierd to see a head floating about and a pair of feet lol! Luckily it hasni happened to a sim I'm playing with. Have u tried changing appearance in the mirror? I dunno what else to suggest.

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:35 AM
Does anyone know if the gems and stuff that you find mature in value over time?
Forum Resident
#99 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:08 PM
Do maids and babysitters and paper delivery children age?
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:13 PM
Default Age
When do sims age, I don;t think it happens at 6 pm like it did in sim2. Also is it different for the different ages?

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
Page 4 of 385