Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:59 AM
I love this mode, and it works well in my game. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 11:31 PM
This is so awesome!!! My posh, snobby lazy Sim thanks you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#103 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:41 PM
do they deliver a group meal or an individual meal? at those prices, i hope its a group meal!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#104 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cereal_Killer
do they deliver a group meal or an individual meal?
Only group meals. I was asked to implement single meals as well, but I think that would be pointless.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#105 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:56 AM
its not wrokin in my game
Original Poster
#106 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amillion37
its not wrokin in my game
How is it not wrokin? Do you have the interactions in the related pie menus?

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#107 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
finally i can use this for a clown - killer story
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:59 PM
hey buzzler I use the cooking and ingredients overhaul mod as well which basically makes all dishes use 3 ingredients instead of 2. the mods dont conflict but because of it the price of many dishes are around $500 from the diner, lol. I know that must not be the normal price because the new late night dishes still havent been updated with 3 ingredients and are like $69 bucks. is there a way to standardize the prices?
Original Poster
#109 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blacko12
is there a way to standardize the prices?
Basically, yes, but I would have to actually write a list of prices instead of calculating them, and thus lose the indepency from the recipe list. I really don't like the idea of doing so. I might be able to tweak the calculating, but I have to investigate first since I don't know what the Ingredient overhaul mod does.

Test Subject
#110 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Basically, yes, but I would have to actually write a list of prices instead of calculating them, and thus lose the indepency from the recipe list. I really don't like the idea of doing so. I might be able to tweak the calculating, but I have to investigate first since I don't know what the Ingredient overhaul mod does.

ok, thanks. its a quite popular mod and i think was/is featured:

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353351
Original Poster
#111 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:17 PM
@blacko12: Try now. I don't use the Ingredient Overhaul Mod, so I don't promise anything.

Forum Resident
#112 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 1:37 AM
I use Cooking Overhaul Mod and I notice the price reduction, like order food Lobster Thermidor in Bistro from $632 to $593.
Original Poster
#113 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
I use Cooking Overhaul Mod and I notice the price reduction, like order food Lobster Thermidor in Bistro from $632 to $593.
Yes, most prices are lower now. Lobster is one of the recipes that use 3 ingredients to begin with, so the price is the same with or without Ingredient/Cooking Overhaul Mod. I'm more interested in the cheaper recipes like pancakes.

Forum Resident
#114 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 5:04 AM
Pancake in bistro from $290 to $204
Test Subject
#115 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 3:18 PM
@blacko12: Try now. I don't use the Ingredient Overhaul Mod, so I don't promise anything.

awesome! thanks.
Original Poster
#116 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:08 PM
Pancake in bistro from $290 to $204
Ok, that seems at least more reasonable. There's probably not much more I can do without compromising the vanilla prices.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:38 PM
thanks again for this mod. between this, the scribbling pad and community cooking, you've become my second favorite modder overnight!
Forum Resident
#118 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:05 AM
If I may ask, I notice that the price for serving single meal and group meal are the same. Is there a way to change that? Thank you.
Original Poster
#119 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:26 PM
If I may ask, I notice that the price for serving single meal and group meal are the same. Is there a way to change that? Thank you.
You mean when a sim cooks a meal? Yes, that's absolutely possible. It's no little tweak, though. I would need to replace quite a bit of code to make it access a different cost calculating method. I don't really think that's worth the effort.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:30 AM
i dont see the option for a single serving i always get a group meal. which is funny because my sims a bachelor so he always has leftovers for an entire week sometimes
Original Poster
#121 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blacko12
i dont see the option for a single serving i always get a group meal. which is funny because my sims a bachelor so he always has leftovers for an entire week sometimes
I was talking about actual cooking; this mod only has group meals. I still don't see much of a point in ordering single servings (in TS3).

Test Subject
#122 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:00 PM
hi, i think your mod is awesome! But i was disappointed to find that you couldnt order cups of coffee, so please (athough it may be tricky) could you update this mod so you can order cups of coffee
p.s. im asking for this mod update because i use a mod which changes the restaurant style and i turned hogan's deep fried diner into a starbucks coffee shop.
Original Poster
#123 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sushi7892
hi, i think your mod is awesome! But i was disappointed to find that you couldnt order cups of coffee, so please (athough it may be tricky) could you update this mod so you can order cups of coffee
I don't think I feel like doing that. "Hot beverages" are pretty much pointless in the game. So why bother?

Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:31 PM
I don't think I feel like doing that. "Hot beverages" are pretty much pointless in the game. So why bother?

srry for me asking, im just a coffee fan...
Test Subject
#125 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:50 PM
How is it not wrokin? Do you have the interactions in the related pie menus?

Mine's not working either...the pie menu isn't changed in the game, everthings updated...what am i doing wrong?
Page 5 of 13