Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Business as Unusual Bistro Set - Updated for 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM by ani_

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#76 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 4:28 PM
"Chef's and waiters will not quit ever, because in this economical situation sims should be happy to have any job."

You're hilarious xD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 9:44 AM Last edited by bitterquill : 9th Oct 2013 at 4:04 PM.
If our Store content is decrapified, need we decrapify your mod? Probably a silly question (especially since these are technically new objects) but it comes up occasionally with Store mods so I thought I'd ask.

It looks like a phenomenal improvement over the original and I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 11:49 AM
Default very cool
I LOVE it

But what about my last question?
When I set the 1. shift to end at 17:00 and the 2. to start at 17:00
- the cook and waiter for the 2. appear a few minutes befor 18:00

Is it possible to also set specific minutes in the future?

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C. Dark
I LOVE it

But what about my last question?
When I set the 1. shift to end at 17:00 and the 2. to start at 17:00
- the cook and waiter for the 2. appear a few minutes befor 18:00

Is it possible to also set specific minutes in the future?

It is possible to add minutes but it won't help this situation. The new shift is called to work immediately after the first one ends. But it just takes sometimes time to initialize a sim, specially if he is not in the physical world when his shift starts. This is when EA gives up and creates random new pudding but this mod just keeps calling them until the are ready to work. Try using sims who live in the world. I have found they are ready faster.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:48 PM Last edited by janyses : 12th Oct 2013 at 1:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Love you for this, thanks. I do have a problem to report, though. I have only used this oven in the university world and it worked well for the most part. One waiter kept teleporting outside of the building, I guess because the oven was so close to the wall?

Anyway, a few days after my Sim came back home I started getting notices that the chef could not be found for the shift. Well, of course he can't be found, the chef and oven is in Uni. The error message repeats every 15 sim minutes or so. I don't know what to do other than send my Sim back to Uni and disable the shift. Maybe you could add a check to disable shifts once you travel to a different world?

*Nevermind. I forgot that I had placed your oven in my McDonald's restaurant in the homeworld. That chef went missing somehow. There are some other issues, like the chef will not serve the food if I don't hire any waiters, but that could be a conflict with my other mods.

One question: the original menu does not show in my game once I add yours. Aren't they both supposed to show? I know you said don't mix and match the 2, but I don't have a choice if I can't find EA's menu. Thanks again for this awesome mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:16 AM
Is anyone going to, or is it possible to, to make a mod where you actually earn revenue from this oven?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 6:12 AM
Jenstl: You should get the revenue if you are the lot owner. If you are and are not getting the revenue, then there is a bug.

janyses: Thank you for pointing out about this, I'll look at it when I'm updating this for ITF.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Jenstl: You should get the revenue if you are the lot owner. If you are and are not getting the revenue, then there is a bug.

janyses: Thank you for pointing out about this, I'll look at it when I'm updating this for ITF.

Would "Hangout" work as a lot type?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#84 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenstl
Would "Hangout" work as a lot type?

I do not remember by heart which lot types can be bought. You will have to test and see.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#85 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 7:20 PM
Hola, I've been using this for a week or so and it more than doubles what the premium content offered. Thank you for seeing the issue and delivering this result. I think ITF could add extra options for you, hopefully.
Test Subject
#86 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:36 AM
Hi Anis. I Did This Mod Before In My Game, But I Was Looking Forward to It When This Dumb Thingy Says No Interactions BLA BLA. The Name Of The Item Was Named Weird It Was Like, Object Cube-Sims 3-Sims Package Object, A Name Like That. Please Reply Anis I Was Looking Forward To This Mod

Love Ya!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#87 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:46 AM
If I could make any suggestion, it would just be better control of employees uniforms. I don't want to set everyones outfits individually. Perhaps something with the setup they have for resort uniforms? Other then that, an absolutely amazing mod could not thankyou enough!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pdenicky
base game only, so this only works with the sims 3 only no esp's.
No. It means the minimum you need to run this mod is the base game (and the premium content, of course). You don't have to have any of the other ep's. But, if you do have ep's then it works just fine with those also.

I love my pc because my sims live in it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:20 PM
@ani
Love this, works just as expected (which is 100% better than EA). My gratitude for making this premium content worth having.
Test Subject
#90 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 8:13 PM
Thank you for making this mod and sharing with us. I installed it today after doing the latest game update and it works fine, except for one tiny problem: like an earlier poster said - the chef does not serve the meals. It only works if I assign a waiter too. It's not a problem, as I can easily use a waiter, I just thought you ought to know.

But it is fantastic, and my Monty family just enjoyed their first meal out as a whole family and the chef and waiter did not leave half way through
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 1:16 AM
elanorbreton: You mean if there are no waiters in the shift, the chef doesn't serve? If so, then this is a bug and I'll take a look at it when I update for the next patch.

XPlaneMaster00: I'm not understanding your problem. Do you get a huge white cube when the sim is using the menu? If so then your problem is that you don't have the original bistro set which is a requirement to use this mod. If not, then please explain your problem better.
Test Subject
#92 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:36 AM
elanorbreton: You mean if there are no waiters in the shift, the chef doesn't serve? If so, then this is a bug and I'll take a look at it when I update for the next patch.

Yes. If I just assign a chef with no waiter, then my sims sit down to order, the chef comes towards the table as if she is going to take the order but then the dining action drops out of the sims queue and the chef just returns to the oven to carry on doing the salad chopping action etc. No meals get served.

I tested it in a few different hoods, different venues, different sims, same result. I have no other mods in my game except this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 1:09 PM
Honestly didn't think it would be that awesome. Great job Ani!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 7:26 PM
That is a HUGE improvement over EA stuff. Thank you very much for this one.
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 10:53 PM
I absolutely love this mod. But it constantly crashes my game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fwDEANDRAlocc
I absolutely love this mod. But it constantly crashes my game

Are you using using the right version? If you have patched to 1.63 then use the newer version.
Also, put in error trap from twallan so you can tell me what the problem is.
And just to be sure, you do have the original bistro set installed? If not this mod will crash the game because it uses codes from that set. Having the original set is required.
Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 4:48 AM
Are you using using the right version? If you have patched to 1.63 then use the newer version.
Also, put in error trap from twallan so you can tell me what the problem is.
And just to be sure, you do have the original bistro set installed? If not this mod will crash the game because it uses codes from that set. Having the original set is required.
Yes, I am using 1.57 and I have the set installed as well. I just got Error Trap so I will try it again and see what is wrong
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 3:16 PM
Thanx ani! this is a great mod! Hey ani, can you somehow put these chefs/waiters interaction for Monte Vista's Wood Fire Oven? It would be so awesome to have a Pizzeria in game! :) where the chef uses a woodfire oven to make pizzas instead of just plopping them out of the bistro oven..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ronnyrocks05
Thanx ani! this is a great mod! Hey ani, can you somehow put these chefs/waiters interaction for Monte Vista's Wood Fire Oven? It would be so awesome to have a Pizzeria in game! where the chef uses a woodfire oven to make pizzas instead of just plopping them out of the bistro oven..

It's on my list already ^_^ But before you get too excited I have to say it's very low down the list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 1:38 AM
thank you!
Page 4 of 9