Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

642 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 5 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#101 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:35 AM
I just checked and all the attachments look okay. Are you clicking on each DMap and giving it a few seconds to display the data? Are you using a recent version? I attached a screenshot.

Game DMaps are in ClientDeltaBuild0.package. If you look in the MorphMaker folder (where the program .exe and supporting files are) you'll see a text file named DMapList.txt. This gives you the TGIs and names of the game human DMaps. You can use it to find other morphs you might be interested in replacing.

Thank you so much! I'm glad I could make custom morphs accessible for creators.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#102 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:44 PM
Hi again! I'm suddenly getting distorted faces with my default replacement fat morphs. It started after the latest patch.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#103 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Hi again! I'm suddenly getting distorted faces with my default replacement fat morphs. It started after the latest patch.

If it's the eyes and mouth getting distorted, make sure you're not changing the fingers or ankles when making your DMap.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#104 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:12 PM
Hey can I make a height slider for all ages with this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#105 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPixelPalace
Hey can I make a height slider for all ages with this?

You'd have to use a BoneDelta, DMaos won't work. There are already height sliders available, you can see how those are made.

Test Subject
#106 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If it's the eyes and mouth getting distorted, make sure you're not changing the fingers or ankles when making your DMap.

Ok so I tried a few more things.. I exported the default YM fat morph to a .obj file from the add/edit sim modifier panel, exported the base mesh, then used the tool to create the DMaps without changing anything in Blender. The preview is still showing a distorted mouth/eyes. I then exported the DMaps directly from the ClientDeltaBuild0 file, loaded them up in the previewer (which looked fine), then exported them from the previewer to a .obj file, created new DMaps with the tool (again, unedited), loaded those DMaps up in the previewer, and it again showed a distorted mouth/eyes. I tried a few different settings in the Create DMaps tab, all showing a distorted face.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#107 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:17 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Ok so I tried a few more things.. I exported the default YM fat morph to a .obj file from the add/edit sim modifier panel, exported the base mesh, then used the tool to create the DMaps without changing anything in Blender. The preview is still showing a distorted mouth/eyes. I then exported the DMaps directly from the ClientDeltaBuild0 file, loaded them up in the previewer (which looked fine), then exported them from the previewer to a .obj file, created new DMaps with the tool (again, unedited), loaded those DMaps up in the previewer, and it again showed a distorted mouth/eyes. I tried a few different settings in the Create DMaps tab, all showing a distorted face.

Unfortunately the DMaps my program generates are just not as good and not as exact as the EA ones, which isn't all that surprising. I'll see if I can figure out a way to improve them. Meanwhile all you can do is avoid morphing the hands and ankles.

Edit: I found that exporting the fat morph (and I assume other full body morphs) was producing a mesh with small rounding errors resulting in morphing of areas that aren't supposed to move, like the fingers and ankles, that was almost invisible but enough to distort the eyes and mouth. This is corrected in the next version, which also restricts morphed areas more effectively.

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#108 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:38 PM
can someone make male thighs slider with this tool?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#109 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 4:15 AM
HI! So I'm trying to make a BGEO Full Body Preset, but when I try to create the file in MorphMaker I get an error message saying "Index was outside the array". I'm trying to make a preset for children (making them taller, thinner), and I sculpt a bit. I export the .obj just like in the tutorial, but when I go to create the BGEO file I get this message. I still got the message when I tried uploading the base mesh with the base mesh and it still gave me an error. Could you please help? Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#110 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:28 PM
Sorry, but you can't make a BGEO for the whole body, only for the head. This is because of the way head and body meshes are constructed and can't be changed. For a BGEO morph you must use a head mesh exported from the Make BGEO tab which contains some extra non-standard data needed to generate a BGEO.

You can use a DMap to make children thinner or with changes to shape, but using a DMap to change height causes distortion, I think because of the way the game uses bones to position the arms. You'd have to use a bone morph for height.

BTW, if you decide to do a DMap you can select BODYBLENDTYPE_AVERAGE for the region and it'll be applied to all children in your game.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:54 AM
This is awesome! I wish TS3 had this. I'm definitely downloading this. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#112 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:54 AM
This is awesome! I wish TS3 had this. I'm definitely downloading this. Thank you so much!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#113 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:23 PM
Version 3.0-beta uploaded, along with a tutorial on making cat presets.

Test Subject
#114 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 4:05 AM
I wish someone would make a male tummy morph using http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=560293 like VibrantPixels female belly-pouch morph. I also wish I could combine Luumia's hand sliders with Vibrantpixels' arm-shape slider.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Vmars : 15th Oct 2018 at 9:00 PM.
Amazing, perfect

I've made a default morph for the fat slider and it's working very nice.
the only wierd things is that it affect only teen, Ya and adult. not the elder ... evenif the elder box is checked
if someone knows where the Dmaps or elder are hidden i would like to know to
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#116 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vmars
Amazing, perfect

I've made a default morph for the fat slider and it's working very nice.
the only wierd things is that it affect only teen, Ya and adult. not the elder ... evenif the elder box is checked
if someone knows where the Dmaps or elder are hidden i would like to know to

The heavy/lean/fit/bony morphs work differently from the other body sliders - I've found that the Sim Modifiers for them seem not to do anything and probably are not used in the game, and what you have to replace is the DMaps which you've done for the teen-adult morphs. If you look at the files in the TS4 MorphMaker folder in the download, you'll see a file named DMapList.txt. You can open it in any text editor but it's used by the program so don't change it. It lists the game DMaps by name and TGI. The DMaps for elders start with 'em' and 'ef' for elder male and elder female. You'll see that there's DMaps for the elder heavy/lean/fit/bony morphs along with Average which I suspect is a morph giving the standard elder body shape, and pregnant which is probably not used. Anyway, if you're familiar with s4pe you can just make your elder DMaps or make copies of the DMaps you already made, and give them the TGIs of the ones you want to replace.

Let me know if you have questions or problems!

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
Is there any way to select another partition? I have installed the sims 4 on a SSD, i tried to input the path manually into the form but it still isn't detecting the game packages
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#118 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigma1202
Is there any way to select another partition? I have installed the sims 4 on a SSD, i tried to input the path manually into the form but it still isn't detecting the game packages

If you've modified the path manually about all I can tell you is to double-check that it's correct and that it's pointing to the 'The Sims 4' folder for both, not to a subfolder. If you want to upload a screenshot I can take a look.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you've modified the path manually about all I can tell you is to double-check that it's correct and that it's pointing to the 'The Sims 4' folder for both, not to a subfolder. If you want to upload a screenshot I can take a look.

Thanks, i feel kinda stupid, i chose the subfolder instead of the main one, it works fine now
Test Subject
#120 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:55 PM
Cmar, Is it possible that you are going to continue work on the genitals part of the mesh?
You mod was very good but I don't think it is still working with the latest updates.
It would be really really nice if you could update that!
Test Subject
#121 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:55 PM
Cmar, thank you for this program and the tutorials. Impressive work and I've had a blast playing around.
I haven't been able to get any of my male robe meshes to work. I get the error 'The base and morph mesh faces do not match'.
I've tried a few different times starting from scratch. I'm using the same technique to make the robe mesh that I used on female meshes. I tried exporting from the robe in previewer as well as the export in the Create DMaps tab.
Can you offer any insight? I can provide more problem male robe meshes if it helps.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#122 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stylate
Cmar, thank you for this program and the tutorials. Impressive work and I've had a blast playing around.
I haven't been able to get any of my male robe meshes to work. I get the error 'The base and morph mesh faces do not match'.
I've tried a few different times starting from scratch. I'm using the same technique to make the robe mesh that I used on female meshes. I tried exporting from the robe in previewer as well as the export in the Create DMaps tab.
Can you offer any insight? I can provide more problem male robe meshes if it helps.

I just tested using a newly exported male robe base and a robe morph exported from the previewer and it works fine. Please check whether your base and an unchanged exported morph mesh work. If they do, probably something in your modification process changed the faces/vertex order. If you're using Blender double-check your import/export settings. If using Milkshape - I think this happened to me once but couldn't duplicate the problem so I'm not sure, and of course there's no settings to change.

If you want me to take a look, please upload your base and morph meshes.

Test Subject
#123 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Stylate : 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM.
Oops. Failed to upload. I am using Blender. I'm not having any issues with the female robe meshes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#124 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:07 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Stylate
Oops. Failed to upload. I am using Blender. I'm not having any issues with the female robe meshes.

Edit: Yes, I'm getting the error. About all I can tell you is that the faces indeed don't match, most likely because the vertex order has been changed. Without being able to match the vertices exactly MorphMaker can't calculate the morph.

Are you sure you exported from Blender with the option to leave vertex order unchanged?

Test Subject
#125 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:18 AM
Curious. I just tried again with a fresh exported robe base and got the same error.

I'm using version 3.0.0 beta
Attached files:
File Type: zip  basemeshes.zip (269.1 KB, 31 downloads)
Page 5 of 26