Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 11:31 PM
Default climbing ivy for the exterior walls!
I really would love to be able to use some of those darn landscaping tool brushes to add foliage to my exterior walls, better yet I want Ivy
just like they have on the outside of the Bistro.

Any thoughts?

Whenever I see my sims dance, I crack up laughing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:43 PM
I'm watchng this thread to see if anyone answers. I've noticed there are a lot of patterns in EA made houses that aren't in the pattern catalog, so this wall must be another. One thought is to change the lot zoning of the bistro to residential, if that's possible in Sims 3, and then copy the wall/pattern into your design catalog in the build/buy mode. Then change the lot zoning back to community. And it should then be available in build/buy for residential lots.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:51 PM
It won't work unfortunately.

Buildings (such as the Bistro, Hogan's, Sacred Spleen) are essentially really big objects. So they aren't real lots (they weren't built in Build Mode or anything), just big objects. And due to the really big number of textures each building has (from the ivy to the awnings to the doors to the wood inside the building... you get what I mean), EA decided not to make the buildings pattern-able. Try it. It'll say: "Cannot change the style of this thingie" or something like that.

I am deeply saddened by this limitation. Good thing we have the Custom Content people to rely on. Go everyone! Make us some ivy!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:08 PM
Dang! Well, thanks for trying it and reporting it back. I'm really disappointed and couldn't wait to go snag the ivy walls. Well, let's hope someone will make it! LOL :b
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:32 PM
It's a matter of time for the ivy I think.
--I was just thinking it would be useful if the ivy worked like a landscaping brush tool does on the ground--if we could extend the use of that tool to the walls, and add patterns to that brush set-that would be GOOOD. Other applications could include cracks in walls and windows, spider webs, garden trellis, ladders, custom graffiti.

Whenever I see my sims dance, I crack up laughing.