Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#51 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 6:02 AM
All three slots are apparently sharing the same coordinates for that table. So if you move the coordinates, all the slots will move to the same place. Given that it's being used as both a routing and a container spot, that is certainly odd.

If you want to move one separately, you'll need to add another line to text list 0x90, change the i9 value of the slot to point to that one, then create a new joint in the cres with that name and the coordinates you want.
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#52 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:16 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 28th Jan 2009 at 2:01 AM.
: blinks: That sounds very over my head. I've never created a new joint before. Is it easy or should I drop that idea given the contest time constraint?

Edit: Manga_moon explained to me how to do all that, but we can't get the slot to translate at all. The item in the slot stays on the ground dead center of the tile. Manga's only solution that ever worked was to reclone a different object, but I don't have that option. What now? package attached.

Edit: Jasana found out what was wrong so I've removed the package. Thanks for your help Echo!
retired moderator
#53 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 7:31 PM
I just thought of another idea, can I extract the slot file from the Freetime changing table and import it into the other changing table and expect it to work?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#54 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 7:22 AM
I don't have freetime, so I can't say. If it behaves differently to the regular one, then I expect you can't switch them in and out.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:45 AM
Hello,

just a question: I added some container slots to an object to store more items. Everythings works fine so far, but switching between the different containers in buy mode by pressing "m" stops after the sixth one -then it jumps back to the first one.
Is there any way to fix this and toggle between all container entries by pressing "m"?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
Hello,

just a question: I added some container slots to an object to store more items. Everythings works fine so far, but switching between the different containers in buy mode by pressing "m" stops after the sixth one -then it jumps back to the first one.
Is there any way to fix this and toggle between all container entries by pressing "m"?

How many slots did you add?

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 6:23 PM
That differs - the total amount (including the one who was already in the package) lies between 3 and 15.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
That differs - the total amount (including the one who was already in the package) lies between 3 and 15.

Hum... I was thinking in some kinda retriction, but I were to the game and the magistray have 9 slots (?!) and works. I can't imagine how to fix.

Maybe, BHAV modification? Let's wait for numenorian users :D

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#59 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 12:48 AM
julsfels - can you post the package?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 8:37 AM
Sure, thank you for the help.
Here it is: Shelf with 15 containers

It´s an Repository object, therefore there are two packages in the rar-file. The one with the slots is FW-OOR-SlakRegal01-01.package. You can find it in the catalogue under surfaces/shelves (81§).

I checked out some BHAVs, especially the Inits - I thought if it is not stored in the slot it might be in an Init-BHAV - but I was luckless.
Maybe you can´t change this setting at all (but I don´t hope so), because JB´s stair OMSP has the same problem.

The 15 slots work, you can put 15 objects in the shelf if you fill it up, only the switching with "m" does not work correctly, it circles through the first six containers. If you put some objects on the first six ones, then it circles through the next six.
Oh my god. I hope you understand me, english is not my first language. :D
retired moderator
#61 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:26 AM
Is there a way of telling the slot to accept anything that is placeable on the ground? I figured out that the I7 value is for telling the sim how to react to that slot, but not for objects themselves.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#62 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:35 AM
Should be the I7 value, make sure it's set to "ground". It doesn't tell the sim anything... If it's not accepting all ground objects, most likely its support strength isn't high enough. Remember to set that in the init function.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 4:11 AM
could you explain the last part a little more? the part about adding a new joint? I got everything up to that, but the joint part is confusing me a bit. I'm not sure what I actually want to add.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
retired moderator
#64 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:25 AM
I added a tile to my object and now I can fill all the slots twice, first from hovering over one tile and then again from the other tile. How do I tell some slots to be filled from the left tile and the other half to be filled on the right?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#65 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:13 AM
Each OBJD links to one SLOT file. You need to copy your SLOT file, give it a new instance, then change one of your OBJDs to point to the new SLOT file's instance ID. (It's one of the fields under detailed view).

Once that's done, go into the right-hand slot file and delete the left-side slots. Then, go into the left-hand slot file and delete the right-side slots.
retired moderator
#66 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:16 PM
Sneaky, but I think I could do that. Is the master OBJD supposed to link to a slot file, or just the left and right tiles?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#67 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 12:45 AM
The master OBJD doesn't need to link to any slot files unless you're planning on accessing them from inside your BHAVs.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#68 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:04 AM
Holy Thread Resurrection...

I have a shelf object which has six slots, the object is made to be placed over doors. I have made the shelf object intersectable by objects and sims, and when the shelf is empty then the doors open and close fine without being stuck. However, as soon as I place an object in the slot then the doors get stuck open. If I make the object that I place in the slot intersectable by objects and sims then the problem goes away - but that is a lame fix.

Is it possible to add a BHAV onto a slot so that when an object is placed in a slot then the object in the slot is made intersectable by objects and sims?

I have attached a file...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dahlen Over The Door Bit.rar (6.0 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#69 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:16 AM
I would think so. You might look at netmicro's Decoration Transformer and Echo's clown podium. Rather than having to pick-up and drop the shelf (like with the Transformer), you could have the shelf constantly checking its slot (like in the podium which is why I mention it). A note about this approach though is that the setting will likely stick if the object is removed from the slot (as is the case with the Transformer).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#70 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 12:57 AM Last edited by leesester : 13th Dec 2011 at 3:55 AM.
Hmmm, thank you MSD. I have 6 slots though and am totally bewildered on where to start. In this object any one of the six slots can be occupied, so I don't think I want to cycle (I also think I will get horribly lost....) I just want to drop a book in the slot and it goes intersectable. The thing is I cannot work that bit out - in the transformer the pickup function triggers the action on a single slot, I am not sure where it would be in here - possibly the prevent place in slot function?

Ok, I had a look at the NetMicro table and I have edited it so that it will make things intersectable and cloned it and made it available in my upload. I will continue to work on a more elegant solution with a more restful feeling in my heart now that I know that people can use the item I uploaded and are not stuck with broken doors everywhere.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor

Slots 101: An introduction to the mechanics of Slots and their uses

By Atavera
SUMMARY
Slots are invisible points, located on objects, on sims, or somewhere in the sim world; their main purposes are to hold objects, hold effects, or direct sims toward an interaction point.

Introduction:
There are three different kinds of slots; Routing Slots, Container Slots, and Target Slots.

Routing Slots define a location for a sim to walk to, for example to make sims walk in front of an object to use it.

Container Slots are invisible containers that can hold objects, FX and sims. Example of a container slot would be one that holds a sim a chair or bed.

Target slots define a target location for animations to use, but also can hold FX. An example of a target slot would be one that tells an animation for a sink where the knobs are. The slots are defined in the slot file, which uses the Resource Node for bone data, and then applied to actions in the Behaviour Functions.

The Slot Resource:
The slot resource is where slots are defined. All types of slots have a position, which can either be entered directly from the Slot file or from the Resource Node.

what about cone slots? I have been seeing that lately but not sure what they are for.
Page 3 of 3