Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:27 AM
sorry if this has been asked before...

is there a way to recolor existing maxis wallpaper? or maybe change a part of it? thing is i really like those wallpapers with the wainscotting and beadboard and i wanna change the actual paper, not the wooden parts, how do i do that?

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 12:43 PM
Yes, you can do that, summer_wine. Look at my reply to someone else previously here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...975#post1245975

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#103 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 1:34 AM
Thank you so much!! I've gotten really tired of the same old boring carpet and wall colors... Fantastic tutorial, very easy to follow!
Test Subject
#104 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 10:21 PM
do they have a toturial for it using gimps?..

Live.. Laugh.. Injoy Life....
Test Subject
#105 Old 3rd May 2007 at 10:59 AM
Default No wall folder!
I don't have any "Walls folder", why?
The tutorial was great, but I can't follow it trough becouse there is no folder called "Walls", so when I am in HomeCrafter, there is nothing else to choose but the testwall with the yellow triangle on it.
What did go wrong?
I saved my wall and floor on the desktop, because I didn't know where else to save them.
Please help me if you can, and explain in simple english, because I'm from Sweden :P
Instructor
#106 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:54 AM
Thank you so much HP! I have just made my first walls and floors - yes it took me a couple of days and I made some dumb mistakes, but I did it (and then I danced around like an idiot for a while, singing a happy song). Step by step you led me on the road to actually making something!
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 16th May 2007 at 7:47 PM
Thanks for the great tutorial! I've been wanting to take the dive into CC for a while now, but had no idea how or where to start.
I love the wall & floor that I created with your help, and can't wait to do more!
Test Subject
#108 Old 16th May 2007 at 11:37 PM
Thnx Hysterical!

U really help me, I've been like searching for hours and days to find the perfect black walls but I couldn't find it but now thnx to Photoshop and you I've got it!

Yay! Goth house here you come!

Peace,
Riiko

Harry better not die! Or Ron or Hermione! Don care about Ginny but keep the twins!Die Voldemort and Snape!

My view of the Deathly Hallows
Test Subject
#109 Old 16th May 2007 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zqyx
I don't have any "Walls folder", why?
The tutorial was great, but I can't follow it trough becouse there is no folder called "Walls", so when I am in HomeCrafter, there is nothing else to choose but the testwall with the yellow triangle on it.
What did go wrong?
I saved my wall and floor on the desktop, because I didn't know where else to save them.
Please help me if you can, and explain in simple english, because I'm from Sweden :P

Make a folder.
My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Projects>HomeCrafter Plus.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A FOLDER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
Right click once you click on the HomeCrafter Plus folder.

Then go down and press 'New Folder' that makes a folder name it: 'Walls'

Hehe!

There ya go!

Just leave it like that.

PEACE
Riiko

Harry better not die! Or Ron or Hermione! Don care about Ginny but keep the twins!Die Voldemort and Snape!

My view of the Deathly Hallows
Test Subject
#110 Old 30th May 2007 at 6:32 PM
Hi!

I'm having a problem with Homecrafter crashing. I probably shouldn't put this here but I can't find any info anywhere else so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I just downloaded it yesterday and was able to open it up twice. Those two times I didn't do anything except look around at how the program worked. So today I made some walls, the first time I opened it, it opened and I was able to go to the create content screen but nothing pulled up and then after a few seconds it crashed. So I tried to open it again with no success and then decided to uninstall and reinstall. I've reinstalled it three times with no luck. When I click on the icon, a little crash window pops up. Can anyone please help me?

Also, is there any way to use SimPE to do walls?
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 31st May 2007 at 2:49 AM
is there any toturial for gimp..for floors and paint making..pleace help

Live..Laugh..Injoy Life...

Check Out My New Site
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#112 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:55 AM
lilmonkeygray,
do you have reflective or transparent floors? Try moving your downloads folder to your desktop and running homecrafter, maybe you have some bad files in there.

Kathy's Creations - no. There is a great book online about learning how to use Gimp - if you can get skilled with general editing and *layers* you should be able to do everything in this tutorial following along, the programs have similar commands.
free: http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#113 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 1:58 AM
I have been searching high and low on MTS2 site but I can't find where to submit my newest wallset for sharing on the downloads forum. Can anyone give me a link to where to use the upload wizard that I read about in the creator guidlines?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#114 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 2:09 AM
Click on CREATE on the blue bar. Go to the lower right hand part of the screen. Check the Creator Guidelines first for stuff about good screenshots and anything else that might be needed. Then there's also an upload link for you.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Instructor
#115 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 7:04 AM
Wow...now I feel really stupid...LOL...I was looking only on the left hand side of the screen. And there it is on the right. :D
Instructor
#116 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 11:49 AM
My latest wall set was accepted for the download section! This set is a half brick/half siding set - 4 walls in all. Check it out! http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=234429
Test Subject
#117 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 4:32 PM
Tiggerypum: It's taken me a few days to get back because I accidently deleted all my files. I had around 12gb of custom content. I ended up downloading a program to restore them all and then spent the last week re-downloading files that were overwritten. I made the mistake of not backing up my files since Oct. right before OFB came out.

So, finally I'm back to fiddling with my own CC. I uninstalled my games and reinstalled them. Then installed HomeCrafter to see if I could get it working. I have no CC in my TheSims2 downloads. I opened HomeCrafter again and it let me pick out the wall and then brought me to the window for specifics; name, price, etc. In this window it doesn't show the wall in the preview box and if I click on the box or the grid options it crashes. I can put a name in and select a price or wall type without any problems but nothing else.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#118 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 12:05 PM
lilmonkeygray - did you try downloading and installing homecrafter again. I'm not sure what to suggest - that and maybe deleting/removing your 'projects' folder and seeing if the game will remake one - maybe that's corrupted. Otherwise, try in the 'game help' area on site for technical suggestions for getting it working.

Test Subject
#119 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:44 AM
Thank for the tutorial but... I think the size you wrote downis wrong because I did that and the image was too big shouldn't it be "265x512"
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#120 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 9:16 AM
*** Edit: New information discovered June '06! You must first resize your walls to 256x512 before saving as a .bmp. Walls at 256x768 (or ANY other sizing except 256x512) will show as grey for Mac users, though they'll work fine for PC users. Please resize before saving so your walls work correctly for everyone.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#121 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 12:08 PM
An excellent tutorial! Really understandable. Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#122 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:43 PM
ok. but. Where I can download homecrafter plus program?

The tutorial is excellent.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:52 PM
It's linked in the first post.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:06 AM
Gee thanks lots
Hey thanks so much for the wonderful tutorial. i have read many tutorials before and this is the onle one i could understand fully. very specific. Keep up the good works. i shall look for your tutorials. it is really good thanks! :lovestruc

--------------en pointe--------------
Test Subject
#125 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 1:20 PM
thank u sooo much hystericalparoxysm 4 teaching my dumb@#$ how 2 make floors and walls!!!!! i've always wanted 2 that i just could never understand how! i'll give props 2 u when i share my floors and walls 2 every1.
Page 5 of 16