Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 6:08 PM
OMG thx so much tgr i finually can import my dresses
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 12:22 AM
Sweetokie and Jason, I am so very happy to hear it :-)
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vashti71
Ok that sounds like the transition message when you hit save. What you need to do is click ok on the box that has the message and it will save.

Cheers

Kath

there is no OK, there is Help, Ignore, cancel, and export. Is it export your talking about?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones ...but whips and chains excite me"
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:15 PM
Ok so i did everything ( I thought) correctly and when i refresh i get the same drab green . any ideas?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
JeffandMandie, go to the projects folder and look for your folder (likely you named it 'tutorial_dress') Look at the files in that folder - you can use the 'filmstrip' view to look at the graphics easily. Is your new texture/color there? Are there exactly 3 bmp files (and one proj file?)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 11:14 PM
no there wasnt i accidently renamed the file got it saved right and got it working thanks for the help.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkAngelWings
there is no OK, there is Help, Ignore, cancel, and export. Is it export your talking about?

The message is sort of self explanatory bmp format cant save with transparency like other formats (or atleast thats what i know), thus when you try to save a bmp that has transparency in any part of the graphic, that message will pop up. It also cant handle to save all the layers so it must flatten the image.

Clicking export should flatten the image in the saved .bmp file (your graphic will keep layers and transparencies unless you close it), getting rid of layers and all in the final image. That way the image will save correctly and bodyshop should be able to import it...

...So... if anyone is like after this explanation, then to make it short, choosing export will save the image correctly as a bmp (with no layers and such things the format cant use) and you will be able to import it to bodyshop BUT when you close your image and open the bmp image again, it wont have layers and everything you had before

If your project uses several layers and you dont want to lose them to make further changes (like when i once did a dress that had 23 layers ), i recomend you to make a copy of your graphic somewhere in your computer as a .xcf file (which i think is like the equibalent of a psd file for GIMP, it retains layers and everything)

*Sorry for my not so good english *
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 1:25 AM
I have to say Thank you for the wonderful, hands on tutorial...I can now recolour until my heart is content...hopefully...when I am good enough i'll be able to share my creations with all of you...*Big Hugs*

SimmyCraze
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:17 AM
This has really helped me alot, thank you
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:28 PM
Default uh-oh Something Went Wrong
hey well i followed all the instructions I even uploaded something I made on here to The Sims 2 Exchange, but the one problem is that after I make something about ten minutes later it gets all blurry. Please help me!!! I really want to make custom content sooo bad!! but i can't and that is not good
♥ erica
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#36 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:38 AM
If the content when you start your game is fine and sharp, but then goes blurry after a while, your content is fine. Your system, on the other hand, is barely up to running the game, and thus is dropping your settings back as it is running out of resources. Go look in the HELP area for 'game gets blurry' or such. Unfortunately the news is going to be that you'll probably need to invest some $$ into upgrading things on your computer.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raquelcgr
I did everything you said to do and it was all fine until I saw it in my game. IT WAS ALL BLURRY What did I do wrong? please help me.

If it got blurry once it was in the game but was correct in bodyshop then it must be due to your graphic settings. Low blurrs the stuff alot to make the game faster, meduim still blurs a little and high should have the textures show like they are meant to be but at the cost of game speed. Try to check your game graphic settings in the options panel
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#38 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:17 PM
secondly, body shop does not give you a good closeup view.

So... you could be having a bodyshop issue (are the graphics you're editing 1024x1024??) if they're not, you need to look in the FAQ here for the bodyshop blur info.

If that is not the problem, you need to look at ScreenShots 101 on the site and adjust your game settings.

Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:43 AM. Reason: quoted the entire tutorial
You did amazing job. I was confusing what is FG mean . I realized what I found it. Thanks!!!

Marie
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:40 PM Last edited by danig2002 : 27th Oct 2006 at 9:26 AM.
Wow! I'm so excited! I've just made my first recolour in few minutes! I can't believe that! I've tried many times using other tutorials (written in my own language) but I've always failed... and I'm not english speaking! I'm so happy! Thanks a lot for your tutorial, I'm ready for the next level! ps. My new formal dress looks very nice in the game!
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 10:34 PM
thanks i can finnaly make clothes now!
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 6:05 PM
how do i get the sims 2 body shop ??
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#43 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 11:35 PM
Bodyshop installs with your game. Go to the start menu, program files, look for EA Games - and your expansion, etc, and find bodyshop

Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 5:42 AM
Question? Where are the career uniform clothes located? I want to recolor the lab coats from the science career track as well as the swat or military uniforms

Umbrella "Improving medicine one life at a time!"
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psyckorious
Question? Where are the career uniform clothes located? I want to recolor the lab coats from the science career track as well as the swat or military uniforms

career clothing and NPC clothing (deliver guy, maid, etc) are not found in bodyshop. Some have extracted them and i think they can be found at varioussimmers site. Extracting them by yourself requires SimPE and is a bit hard to do

Extracted career/NPC clothes can be recolored normaly, however, they wont show up for the career as an uniform color (if you make a pink militar outfit, sims wont wear it to work ever)
Instructor
#46 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 3:25 PM
I like to use photoshop When i shall work with edits, but since the recolor did not show up in preview in Bodyshop, i tried Gimp. Didn't work as a preview either.
Could i please get an advice on why it's not showing up in Bodyshop as a preview?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#47 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 7:00 PM
sakrayami,

You must be missing a step.

In your projects folder, do you see your new graphic in the folder? (it has to be named exactly the same as it was originally - body~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp

Secondly, I see that in this tutorial, Vashti didn't actually include a graphic with a circle for IMPORT. Once your dress looks good when you hit the refresh, you need to click on the IMPORT button - which is the button with the folder and the arrow below that - in order to put your finished dress _in the game_.

Let me know if either of these helps you.

Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 10:40 PM
Does anyone know if there is a tatuorial for makig skintones using GIMP?
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 10:53 PM
yay!!!!! I made a loepard print dress! o.o
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#50 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 1:34 AM
CEVicious, please do not double post, use the EDIT button.

And making skintones is like altering an outfit, only with lots and lots more graphics, same basic idea though.

Page 2 of 12