Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#226 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 11:43 PM
one million thanks to you!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 8:25 AM
I've been reading your three first tutorials plus that gimp tutorial and even though I'm a noob with all of this I have had no problems so far. And I follow your tutorial using gimp.

Kudos.

^^
Test Subject
#228 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 7:16 PM
Thank You!
Very well done tutorial. Very helpful!
Field Researcher
#229 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 8:32 AM
I noticed that since this tutorial has been moved and the "create" page re-categorized, that there isn't a place to save the .jpeg file used in this tutorial of the pattern. I simply copied and pasted, but fear I'm doing it wrong. Also, this tutorial doesn't tell you what clothing we are using to paste the pattern on. I could find it, but I don't want to get the wrong one.

If anybody could help here, that'd be great! Thanks!

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Test Subject
#230 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 10:05 PM
Thank you sooo much for all of the tuts!
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 4:27 AM
Can you help me?
I seem to ALWAYS have a problem with making a new layer, and then having something 'happen' in the new layer.
For instance in this tutorial, I tried to "fill" the new layer as you said. However, (and its not just THIS tutorial,) Nothing appears in the little box on the right side of the screen under the layers tab except a New Number AND a checkerboard background.

Please if you can, tell me, what am I missing here, or not doing right? As I said, it happens to me more often than not! I am fairly comfortable with photoshop, though quite new, but I AM good at following directions, and for this problem, I am stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would Google the problem, but I have no idea what to write!

Thanks in advance!

~DidaDragonfly~
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#232 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 8:00 AM
didadragonfly

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/layers/intro.htm
http://www.elated.com/articles/introduction-to-layers/
http://www.acky.net/tutorials/photoshop/layers/
http://www.adobepress.com/articles/...p?p=426772&rl=1

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#233 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 8:20 PM
huh?
"Paste into" (step 16) ehh I installed my photoshop in danish and theres nothing named paste into (in danish) cant i just paste it? or whatever...
Test Subject
#234 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 1:10 PM
thanks....this was so helpfull!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#235 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
Superme145 - if you can't figure out 'paste into' just 'paste' and then crop as necessary. Faylen was just noticing that her fabric piece was not big enough to cover the whole graphic, so she's pasting it into one section of the clothing at a time.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:52 AM
Hey i want to put some realistic blood on ma outfits but it kinds looks like... a blob of red on my clothes

"She says 'Is beauty all that matters?' and you say 'What else is there?!' You should write a book; how to offend women in five syllables or less."
Test Subject
#237 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 7:39 PM
Cheers! Thank your for the tutorial!
Test Subject
#238 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 7:01 AM
Default Very helpful!
Amazing tutorials Faylen! Very descriptive, detailed, and the photos are very instructive! I think this one's a bit over my head for now , but once I've played around a bit I should get it. I hope that I'll be making beautiful things for everyone as a thanks for all the work you folks have put in! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#239 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 2:50 PM
I love that idea!! you did amazing job and GOOD TEACHER lol I will keep it in my bookmark in case if I forgot it. Thank you so much!!!!! Faylen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#240 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 3:21 PM
A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ good explaination and you are a good tutor and teacher. Smile have a nice day!!!! I put it in my bookmark so i can keep it in case if I forget anything from your own tutor. Have fun for helping.
Test Subject
#241 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 5:18 AM
I fellowed your step how to add the fabric for sim clothes then I clicked refresh from bodyshop Unfortune there's no showing. I used Adobed Photo shop CS2
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#242 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 6:26 AM
wolfgal - make sure you're actually overwriting the file(s) in the projects folder - not having it change the name to say 'copy' or somesuch.

Test Subject
#243 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 2:53 AM
Another really easy way to do somewhat the same thing is, when you have the texture you want in a document, just go up to Edit... Define pattern. Name it whatever, then you can go to the same Fill menu, just select "pattern" instead of "foreground color" and then adjust the opacity.
Thanks for the tute!
Test Subject
#244 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:34 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem. Whenever I add the texture, when I "save as" the other file names are not there, then I'll try to look at it in body shop, but no changes came up. the same thing happened to me when I got to the step where you add the butterfly to the sweater in your other tutorial.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#245 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 1:11 AM
starryeyezz90 - you must figure out how to make that 'save as' save with --exactly-- the same filename and into the correct folder. If the filename says 'copy' as part of the name, or if you do not save over the graphics in the projects folder, then they will not load.

Test Subject
#246 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 1:54 PM
I tried this, but half way through one of the images had an error sign on it, that little red cross thingy.
I really wanted to try this, since your last tutorials were amazing, could you please check that the images are up to date?
Thank you
xxx
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#247 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 1:48 PM
streakycheese, I think it was just an image that didn't load for you that time. Next time, right click on any images that don't load or seem to load right and 'view' them... and see if you can get them to load.

Lab Assistant
#248 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 8:04 PM
I know this is old news to many people, but I've only just begun to seriously try modding. I love that you showed how things can go wrong, so that you can explain how these problems can be fixed. That is very helpful to a novice and lacking in most tutorials I have found. Thank you so much for sharing your talents!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Forum Resident
#249 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:57 PM
Hi,

I am new to Sims2 and modding. I just took a quick glance through the tutorial and it seems like everything I have been looking for. I downloaded it and am looking forward to try it out.

Thank for sharing.

Winterhart

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#250 Old 24th May 2008 at 2:23 PM
Yay
Thank You Sooooooooooo Much This Helped Me Alot
Page 10 of 12