Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 9:47 AM
Hi!

I'm going through your tutorials and trying not to spam each one with thank you's, since they've all been great.

I have a question, though. I did this one with a bit more challenge, as I tried to add texture to a dress (it's a Maxis dress, with a huge bow on the waist) to see if it would work. It went really well, except that the bow on the waist didn't get the new texture. I pasted the new texture basically on everything on the file that had the original flowery texture or otherwise looked like it would show on the dress. The bow was in the middle of the other parts and I added texture on that too, but it didn't show on Bodyshop. Do I need some advanced technique for that?
I noticed the dress has noblend~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp-file and an alpha file that has the noblend~ on the name too, if that makes any difference.

I hope I was clear enough and didn't seem too newbie.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:19 PM
Thanks so very much. You have very nice tutorials and shame on those who forget to say at least a thanks with all the hard work you put into this! I really appreciate it and hope your day there is a wonderful one.
Test Subject
#253 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 1:00 PM
i love ur tutorials but right after 2 they got too complex for me. T_T.
but tnx for the advice up to tut #2!
Test Subject
#254 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 1:32 PM
Thanks so much!!!! Now I finally know how to do textures.
Test Subject
#255 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:11 PM
Thank you for this great tutorial! It's really accurate and helpful
Test Subject
#256 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 6:57 PM
Thanks a lot for this tutorial! It was very helpful!
Test Subject
#257 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 12:17 AM
omg i love you x I have learned so mucch from your tuts thanks a billion ! x
Test Subject
#258 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 10:43 AM
I want to thank you for posting help on changing colours on outfits and more. I was very happy when finally even I could change a few colours on outfits. Thanks to you I can say I have a new wardrobe for my sims. Again thanks and for making it so easy and understandable.
Test Subject
#259 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 12:55 AM
Thanks, Faylen! Wow, you sure put a lot of time and effort into these tutorials! *hugs* They're fabulous! Super straight forward, and make sense!! Thanks, I'm new to modding Sims, and I'm very much looking forward to working with your tutorials! Thank you! ^__^
Test Subject
#260 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 12:05 AM
I'm sorry,but if it comes to tutorials i'm not the best in understanding.
When you past the whole picture on the clothing,the shadows stay on the clothing.
How do you do that?
Test Subject
#261 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 11:03 PM
I found this tutorial very informative; thanks a million.
Test Subject
#262 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 4:12 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. My Photoshop is a newer version than the one in this tutorial so I am finding that I have to look for different menu items in different pulldown menus. So far I have figured out most of it and I retextured my first clothing set. The only problem is, when I paste into it doesn't create a new layer. Since it doens't creat a new layer I can't change the opacity so that I can use the previous shading that was there before I started. I did what the tutorial said, I used the marquee tool to select the fabric texture then I chose copy, I then used the marquee tool and selected the clothes and pasted into and nothing, no new layer. The boxes around my clothing and the fabric are both grey, I noticed in the tutorial they are blue. Can anyone clarify what I am doing wrong please? I would very much appreciate it
Test Subject
#263 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 1:45 AM
You tutorial is sooo easy to understand an follow! I did the recoloring and it was fun! You are the best!
Test Subject
#264 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 11:56 PM
Your tutorials are wonderful! I just can't understand how you made the shirt a darker color.
See, I can't veiw all the pictures, so I look at your screenshots, and it doesn't show/tell what to do after you refresh body shop to see what the shirt looks like (in light pink)
Test Subject
#265 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:11 AM
I've learned so much! Thank you!
Test Subject
#266 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:46 PM
This was amazingly helpful!
I used to have so much trouble with this kinda thing, not anymore though hehe
Thanks again
Test Subject
#267 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 2:50 PM
Thanks so much for this. This isn't just helping me to add texture this helps me with the PhotoShop I thought I could use it well, but I didn't so thanks for that too :>
Test Subject
#268 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 7:02 AM
Thankyou sooo much. I've been scouring the INTARWEBZ trying to find something that explained this process thoroughly and simply enough for a novice to understand. *HUGS*
Test Subject
#269 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:48 PM
You are my hero! I was never all too good at making clothing because I never understood how to make new textures. This tutorial was so easy to understand!

Thank you sooooo very much!
Test Subject
#270 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:08 PM
Yeah thank you. This is helping me a lot more than anybody elses tutorial. Haha and maybe when i get a little better and more creative and elaborate then i will try and put some up.
Test Subject
#271 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
Default Thank u <3
I just can't find a way to thank enough for these wonderful tutorials. I'm such a butterfinger at skinning, and these tutorials really taught me a lot. So .. Thank you thank you thank you x 100 <3 .. ( I DON'T wanna spam like that lol. )
Aand, I wanted to show what I managed to make by following this. It's far from good, yet, it's like my .. 2nd creation? Anyway, some criticism would be much appreciated.

I'm not happy what happened to the texture at the sides .. But I'm learning.
Once more, thank you, Faylen. * Hugs *

(l_(l
(._. )
(,__,)

Smilies are almighty.
Test Subject
#272 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
Thanks alot, Faylen! This is going to be super helpful =P But...i have a question for anyone who has GIMP, or knows anything about it. How do you make the layer more transparent? .-. I can't find the tool, or whatever.

p.s. Tenshi, i think your pj pants look fine. i checked my pj bottoms(in real life =P) , and the seams don't match up on them either =P it makes them more realistic, i think.

"It's a good idea to brush your teeth. It's a weird idea to brush your knees."
Test Subject
#273 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:21 PM
Thank you for taking the time to do this, much appreciated.
Test Subject
#274 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:36 AM
Uhu Thanks!!
I've learnt very much
Test Subject
#275 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:53 AM
do you by anychance know how to do this with paint.net?
Page 11 of 12