Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add More CAS Traits

by Embyr311 Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 1:04 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM by Embyr311 : Installation Instructions

394 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 240 Feedback Posts, 153 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 16
Instructor
#351 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candyd
Update : I've uploaded a toddler compatible update on SimFileShare.

The update is based on version 7, with 4 flavors. The numbers in file names are the traits allowed by increasing life stage, baby not included.
I initially wanted to allow several toddler traits, but because I cared about compatibility, I checked toddler traits in detail and sadly each toddler trait is incompatible with almost all others, without specifying what other traits they're conflicting with. They haven't been designed to be mutually compatible, and allowing several toddler trait slots might cause important bugs. So I preferred avoiding bugs here and posted updates allowing only 1 toddler trait.

@Embyr311 : Contact me if you wish me to delete this update.

The updates can be downloaded here : http://simfileshare.net/folder/12532/

Thank you for the update!!! I prefer not to mess with files in SimPE anything once was enough (and it required a looooong uninstall)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 11:59 PM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 4:02 AM
Update : I've uploaded a toddler compatible update on SimFileShare.

The update is based on version 7, with 4 flavors. The numbers in file names are the traits allowed by increasing life stage, baby not included.
I initially wanted to allow several toddler traits, but because I cared about compatibility, I checked toddler traits in detail and sadly each toddler trait is incompatible with almost all others, without specifying what other traits they're conflicting with. They haven't been designed to be mutually compatible, and allowing several toddler trait slots might cause important bugs. So I preferred avoiding bugs here and posted updates allowing only 1 toddler trait.

@Embyr311 : Contact me if you wish me to delete this update.

Updated download link of the toddler compatible update (I lost the original folder, sorry) : http://simfileshare.net/folder/13728/
Test Subject
#354 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 1:25 AM
I'd like to thank you for your update. I truly do understand and appreciate the time you've put into helping out the rest of us. Modders make gaming better, end of story!

I am running on the toddler update plus the plant sims update, but unfortunately, for the life of me I can't get this to work. I have installed it directly into the Mods folder, created a "Scripts" folder and installed it there, and even created a .zip archive within the Mods folder. The only "progress" I have made is that when I load the game, I see the mod, but under Custom Content, and not Scripts (and that is with a direct install to the mods folder as a "loose" file).

I am so dying to use this mod if I can (it's been a CRAP week, and seeing this today, I was so looking forward to going home and using this mod to enhance my game). Anyhow, like I said upfront, I truly do appreciate your time and effort, and if you or anyone else might be able to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again, you rock!
Lab Assistant
#355 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m3dicat3d
I'd like to thank you for your update. I truly do understand and appreciate the time you've put into helping out the rest of us. Modders make gaming better, end of story!

I am running on the toddler update plus the plant sims update, but unfortunately, for the life of me I can't get this to work. I have installed it directly into the Mods folder, created a "Scripts" folder and installed it there, and even created a .zip archive within the Mods folder. The only "progress" I have made is that when I load the game, I see the mod, but under Custom Content, and not Scripts (and that is with a direct install to the mods folder as a "loose" file).

I am so dying to use this mod if I can (it's been a CRAP week, and seeing this today, I was so looking forward to going home and using this mod to enhance my game). Anyhow, like I said upfront, I truly do appreciate your time and effort, and if you or anyone else might be able to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again, you rock!

Unzip the file, and it's best to keep it in your Mods folder rather than in a subfolder. It isn't a script mod so you should always see it under "custom content" when the game loads.
If you have script mods (such as MCCC for example), they should be unzipped and in the Mods folder, never in subfolders. Subfolders prevent script mods from working properly.
Test Subject
#356 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 12:33 AM
I have a question:
So this might be dumb, but do you need to download one of the versions in order for the AddTraitsInRegularMenu to work? Thanks
Test Subject
#357 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:10 AM
Unzip the file, and it's best to keep it in your Mods folder rather than in a subfolder. It isn't a script mod so you should always see it under "custom content" when the game loads.
If you have script mods (such as MCCC for example), they should be unzipped and in the Mods folder, never in subfolders. Subfolders prevent script mods from working properly.

Thanks for the clarification. There seems to be some possibly old advice on how to install script mods, so that's VERY useful to me. I ended up dumping it into the Mods folder like you said, and I can add traits via the console. I think I was expecting to be able to do so through CAS, which is one reason I didn't think it was working.

One question to follow up on though. I added the clumsy trait and loves outdoors. I can see the gain from being outdoors, but so far my sim hasn't done anything clumsy. I may not understand the trait right, but how could I know for sure, other than it being present in simology?

Again, many thanks!
Lab Assistant
#358 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 6:39 PM
@LadyCasara AddTraitsInRegularMenu will work independently. You can install it alone, unless if you want to have more than 3 CAS traits in which case it won't work. But it will work fine for any traits other than CAS traits.

@m3dicat3d You may want to get sure that your new traits are taken into account by resetting all buffs once you've given a new CAS trait. Resetting all buffs is necessary to give and remove CAS traits cleanly, because behaviors caused by traits are actually the result of trait-specific hidden buffs, and not traits themselves.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#359 Old 10th May 2017 at 7:31 AM
I hope this mod will keep working throughout all the patches and updates. It's my most favorite mod for the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#360 Old 22nd May 2017 at 6:04 AM
Just trying to clarify what you mean by adding traits from the normal menu. like creating a sim I can put in more traits now?
Lab Assistant
#361 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CamGillies
Just trying to clarify what you mean by adding traits from the normal menu. like creating a sim I can put in more traits now?

It isn't available in CAS as it would require to change some of the game's graphics, which is extremely complicated to do even for the most talented modders.
Click on the sim and you'll see options leading to a list of traits to add or remove. I personally find this option more convenient as hidden traits can also be (un)selected in the list.
Test Subject
#362 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
What is ceeping from do the simple change yourself. The author have a description on first page how to do it. Try it!

Add these lines to the table:

<U>
<E n="Age">TODDLER</E>
<T n="Slot Number">7</T>
</U>

Thanks I still don't know how to do this I'm not good with computers but as long as it helps others
Test Subject
#363 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 9:35 PM
The updates can be downloaded here : http://simfileshare.net/folder/12532/

Is there a mirror? It seems the link is dead.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#364 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:22 PM
Candyd thanks so much for updating this mod as my game is not the same without it.
Scholar
#365 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Morphar : 9th Jun 2017 at 6:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nathaniel484
Is there a mirror? It seems the link is dead.

This mod is not working:
More Traits Mod-Version Four-Updated-4-21-16.zip
This patched version by candyd works:
http://simfileshare.net/folder/13728/

Also install this for convinient use:
Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.zip
Test Subject
#366 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:35 PM
isnt working on my pc :'(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 9:10 PM
I will TOTALLY download this once it's out of the testing stage. I was extremely disappointed by the THREE traits allowed a sim in the Sims 4. It majorly limits personalities. I am very excitied to try this out once it's fully tested!
Test Subject
#368 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:59 PM
This mod is not working:

I'm a bit dumb with these kinds of mods, but there are a lot of files in the linked patch version you posted. Which one do I download, or do I download them all? Thanks!
Banned
#369 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyoSay
So the mod has been working great for me, there's just a little bug or something that I thought I'd report. Every now and then, some traits that I'm looking for in the menu disappear for some sims but not others. For instance, I could make sim A self-assured but sim B did not have the trait listed on their trait menu. I also could not seem to add it manually by typing it in. I'm pretty sure its not conflicting with any other traits. This has happened a couple of times with traits that I'd removed from sims then went to add again at a later time after setting the CAS traits up first. I am SO happy to see that this mod picks up custom traits after I click them in CAS and adds them into the menu too. Super awesome! Just not sure if I'm doing something stupid or if I made the mod mad at me. Thanks!

I'm having this same exact issue. that's frustrating. I can't even add the missing trait when typing the cheat.
Lab Assistant
#370 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nyctophiliac
I'm a bit dumb with these kinds of mods, but there are a lot of files in the linked patch version you posted. Which one do I download, or do I download them all? Thanks!

Choose only 1 file: the first number is referring to the toddler, the second to the children, the third is the teenagers etc.

Hello!
My tumblr and blogspot where I also tell the story of my sims. Come visit me!
Test Subject
#371 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:49 AM
This mod is not working:

I've had that update downloaded for a few days, but the mod stopped working today... My sims are all back to having 3 traits each Do you think it's because of the newest origin patch? I installed the newest origin patch today.
Lab Assistant
#372 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:12 AM
Go to http://modthesims.info/d/591706 for the latest one.
Test Subject
#373 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 12:49 AM
Whats the cheat that you need to add main traits like evil, clumsy, unflirty?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#374 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 4:50 PM
Does the version by candyd work with the new patch?
Test Subject
#375 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:11 PM
Will this mod be updated for Cats and Dogs? I've seen some of the possible traits that are going to be added (cat lover and dog lover), and I really want both but Loner and Childish are also very important traits to me, so it would be nice to have all four.
Page 15 of 16