Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:30 PM
Default Deleting account?
I apologize greatly because i don't think this is in the right spot nor do i know where this would fit best.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew how i can delete my account that i have here, or at least have a name change?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:31 PM
You can probably stop logging in for a few months, and your account will be pruned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:37 PM
Pruned?
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:43 PM
Pruned = purged. Deleted.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natters321
Pruned?
Removed because of inactivity.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natters321
I apologize greatly because i don't think this is in the right spot nor do i know where this would fit best.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew how i can delete my account that i have here, or at least have a name change?

If the name is what's really bothering you, you can ask nicely in this thread and Delphy will change it for you.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=340953

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:50 PM
I don't think vBulletin allows us an option to remove accounts. They said that a big problem is that after they purge you, you can't tell who wrote your posts (ex. it'll say "Unknown" or something).

I've tried it with another vBulletin account on another game forum: even though I didn't log in for two years, everything was preserved exactly as it was before. The mod offered to change my username when I asked about the issue, but what's the point. Everything's still there!

I think the only option, truly, is to just stop logging in.
shiny!
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 4:54 AM
We don't delete accounts by request. If you don't want your account anymore, just stop logging in. It will be removed automatically during the next pruning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
If the name is what's really bothering you, you can ask nicely in this thread and Delphy will change it for you.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=340953

Thank you so much!
I know the other forums i visit allows you to change your username every 6 months.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
We don't delete accounts by request. If you don't want your account anymore, just stop logging in. It will be removed automatically during the next pruning.

i havent been in this account since 2015 and it never got deleted. i want my account deleted!