Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization (update V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 16th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM by Shimrod101 : Mod updated to V3

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Test Subject
#126 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 1:09 AM
I think the latest patch broke it a little, now the jaws are super thin and pointy. The diverse faces, aging fixes and pointy ears are hard to live without now!
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:13 PM
I haven't noticed super thin and pointy jaws but I will be looking for it. I didn't realize that somehow I had uninstalled this mod. I started getting those squinty eyes again and that's when I looked and I guess I saved this elsewhere when I backed up my mod folder.

Is this mod still being supported? Is it still all good Shrimrod?
Test Subject
#128 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 12:25 AM
I'm not sure this mod is being supported anymore but I just tested in CAS hitting the dice a bunch of times and didn't get any super thin pointy jaws either.
Test Subject
#129 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Glimmer50
I haven't noticed super thin and pointy jaws but I will be looking for it. I didn't realize that somehow I had uninstalled this mod. I started getting those squinty eyes again and that's when I looked and I guess I saved this elsewhere when I backed up my mod folder.

Is this mod still being supported? Is it still all good Shrimrod?

It's really obvious if you are getting it, mine was pretty much game breaking for legacies - they pointy chins would like snap back even after making the sim, and kids would get it from 2 flat-jawed parents. Maybe it was a combination of this and another mod I had causing it (since deleting it fixed it). I wasn't getting the squinty eyes without it though... I assumed a game patch fixed the underlying issue and this mod started over-compensating, but I'm not sure now
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 16th Dec 2015 at 10:14 AM
So this mod is not needed anymore? EA finally solved it and it's safe to delete it from the mods folder?
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 7:09 PM
Default Update for this?
It would be great to get an update to this CaS Modifiers bugfix. Maybe the most problems are solved by EA, I don't know.
But without this Mod I cannot make pointed ears for my Sims. And I really like it to give them elven ears. They aren't aliens.

But since the newest December update the game crashes when I try to save an in CaS builded Sim. The game saves the character but stops at the step to the neighbourhoods.

Please, can someone do an update? Or tell me where I can find a mod for pointed ears I can form with CaS and not as an Accessoire.
Test Subject
#132 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 11:07 PM
Somebody please tell me if i should delete this mod or not... Is it going to be updated again?
It's like if the sims 4 modding community were dying...
Test Subject
#133 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It needs updating if one doesn't want the pointy ears on human sims.

Are the pointy ears not an option anymore, then? I downloaded the mod for this purpose, but cant figure out how to get them. I hope they arent gone. :/
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by erinmcf1234
Are the pointy ears not an option anymore, then? I downloaded the mod for this purpose, but cant figure out how to get them. I hope they arent gone. :/

Pointy ears are still working for me. You just need to enter the detail edit mod when modifying the ears. ^^

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 9:34 AM
Thanks its was very awsome mod because is anoying when the sims aging they are change so much
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 5:50 PM
Is it normal that when your teen sim grows into an adult and suddenly has pointy ears?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#137 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zafire
Is it normal that when your teen sim grows into an adult and suddenly has pointy ears?

I haven't used this mod with the pointy ears 'feature', so don't really know. Someone who has been using it all this time might be able to answer.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#138 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:27 PM
I sadly have a big problem with this mod I love it so much because it.. um... repaired (?) the bug where the noses of the children were wider than of the parents (Even if the parents were the exactly same sim... that was so annoying...) But I have another problem now... if I use this mod, the chin gets pointy and big all the time! D: If I don't use the mod it gets normal... but the noses and lips are getting wrong again without the mod... oh my god that's so sad... I love this mod and I can't play without it... but the chins... D'x So if there is any possibility to repair that, I would be so thankful >':

PS: I hope... my English is not to bad D:
Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 11:26 PM
is this mod okay for the most recent patch? especially the one that enabled new CAS functions. i've had it in and i don't think anything too game breaking happened but official confirmation would be nice. in addition, is this mod even actually necessary anymore, or did EA finally fix everything?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#140 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
is this mod okay for the most recent patch? especially the one that enabled new CAS functions. i've had it in and i don't think anything too game breaking happened but official confirmation would be nice. in addition, is this mod even actually necessary anymore, or did EA finally fix everything?

The mod isn't compatible with the current game, no. It hasn't been compatible since the aliens were added into the game; a "Human" tag was added into these files at that time, and this Human tag is not written into any of my files in the mod (which was made prior to the aliens). This is what gave this effect of human sims being able to acquire the pointy ears when using this mod. Those new CAS gender functions are not written into any of these files I've used; they are written into new files.
I don't actually know if EA fixed the various issues which led to my making this mod. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#141 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 12:59 PM
I cant get the alien ears thing to work Is it something to do with the mod or with my game?
Test Subject
#142 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I don't actually know if EA fixed the various issues which led to my making this mod. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

I still have (some of) them. (when I don't use this mod)
When I use this mod it fixes some of these bugs but it also breaks the genetics somehow (not with every child but with most of them) and they often get a little too random. (Like the parents have little thin noses but the children(teens) get very big wide ones and so on)
At least that's how it is in my game. (And it's not because of another mod. I tested that already)

So here are some examples:
With mod:
(Father, Child, "Mother") (The children get very different, so that's just one of a lot possibilities)

Without mod:
(Father, Child, "Mother")

(Nose and Mouth aren't 'randomly' different than his fathers. Every single child does have wider nostrils and this mouth)

Without mod (Teen to young adult):

(I don't get why the teen have smaller eyes... the eyes of the young adult are as big as his fathers)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:56 PM
Whatever EA did to fix this, it's broken again, and maybe worse than before. Took me forever to remember EAxis made all the women chinless for some bizarre reason. Some of the genetic combinations are atrocious. This mod is still relevant and still works as of Jan 2018.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:55 PM
Love it!!!! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 11:15 PM
Is this still relevant?
Instructor
#146 Old 1st May 2019 at 10:49 PM
This does not seem to be working in my currently updated game.

Melissa
Field Researcher
#147 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 7:03 AM
I'm getting some genetic weirdness in my game and I'm wondering if it's this mod. All seemed good before the update but now all my sims are well freaks. Most have very long faces or wide faces and they look nothing like their parents. I've been fiddling in CAS and it's much more noticeable in there than the real world, but the real world is still producing weirdness. Like extremely rotated eyes when the parents aren't rotated and weird narrow or thin lips when the parent's don't have those etc.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Field Researcher
#148 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekooky
I still have (some of) them. (when I don't use this mod).....

I don't see any differences between your pics?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 8:20 AM
Does it still work?
Page 6 of 6