Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Turn off the TV when stop watching (from bed, too)

by Numenor Posted 15th Apr 2005 at 10:12 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2009 at 1:57 PM by Numenor : Updated game compatibility note

180 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 174 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
#2 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:19 PM
thanks.. this is good!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 10:24 PM
You are GREAT!! the wifey has been complaining about just that!!! And asking "ME" to fix it, I know nothing about MODing, so this is a gift from the GODS!! (or at least a SIMS2 god) I am awed by you you skill!
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:06 PM
They cab watch tv while they're..uh pooing? lol I never knew that. I wish they could watch tv while they ran on the treadmill though. Awesome hack though. Those energy wasting sims tick me off!

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:11 PM
Oh this is wonderful Numenor!! Thanks a lot. Wish I could do stuff like you, I'm still stuck trying to figure out SimPE...lol
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:18 PM
What a helpful tool. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:25 PM
I have wanted this for a while, thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:29 PM
Woohoo!! (figurtivly of course...although possibly just as good =p) This drives me insane... my sims used to be such nice little sims when i first got the game and i thought "Wow! they actually turn off the TV when they are done!" but now its more of a tug-of-war with them over the TV.

I'm going to go test this right now....well as soon as i hit post reply.... =p
Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Sims2Star : 15th Apr 2005 at 11:53 PM.
Thanx for this, it's cool! :D

My current avatar is my currently favourite sim, Michael Venice, a soon-to-be Artist who is current a Young Adult. I like the word current. ;)

Visit my new website, TS2: Journey to the Stars Here!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:45 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, This is a very good thing. You are my hero!
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 1:47 AM
The big question (well, for me at least): Is it EP Compatible?

-Kato
Systemic Anomaly
#12 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:43 AM
This hack has been long overdue. Glad someone finally took this one on. Thanks, Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:55 AM
Finally. :bow:
#14 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:54 AM
hey can you please please please make one for WinZIP because i dont have winwar please
Systemic Anomaly
#15 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by divacutie123
hey can you please please please make one for WinZIP because i dont have winwar please
You should really install WinRAR since .rar is a very common format used in the Sims 2 community. It's a free download from the following site:

http://www.rarlab.com
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:17 AM
Great hack, downloading to test
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:32 AM
Actually, Jase, it's not free, it's "Nagware." You can download it with all the full features for supposedly 40 days, but after 40 days they don't do anything, just a message that pops up and tells you you're using the trial.

A healthy knowledge tidbit from Kato.

-Kato
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM
thanku so much for this
Instructor
#19 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by divacutie123

Get Ultimate zip. It works like win zip but extracts rar files. I think the URL is:
http://www.xtserver.net
or put the name "ultimate zip" into the google search. So easy to use.
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:07 AM
Thank you SO MUCH. it ill make my game so much better to play!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 7:01 AM
Bless you!

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
#22 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:28 AM
http://www.zipgenius.it/index_eng.htm zip genius -- opens .rar and .zip files, and it's free. It's never nagged me so don't think it's "nagware"
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kato
Actually, Jase, it's not free, it's "Nagware." You can download it with all the full features for supposedly 40 days, but after 40 days they don't do anything, just a message that pops up and tells you you're using the trial.

A healthy knowledge tidbit from Kato.

-Kato

gee um i like the " healthy knowledge tidbit from Kato " bit
ok ur half correct yes it is a free trial and yes it nags u that u have the trial but ....after the 40 days u can still use all the functions of rar but it flashes up time to time about the trial period and 'please order the full version wah wah wah blah blah blah' so one just keeps using it for Free

soz 2 dis u kato
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 10:48 AM
This hack is awesome, Numenor, thank you so much for creating it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 4:37 PM
Well done I really hated that (them not turning it off). Will report back to you on problems.

"Windows XP has encountered a mortal wound an needs to die- one very freaky error"- D3Hack
Page 1 of 8