Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 9:02 PM
Default How To Upload Pets?
Hi there, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'd like to know: How do you upload Pets to the site? I've never uploaded any of my Sim creations, but I have a Pet I'd like to share. I don't even know where to start, as far as getting the Pet to be a downloadable thing. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 9:19 PM
I'm not entirely sure (because it's been a while since I did it) but I think you can save the pet breed or pet coat via CAS. There's two folders named PetBreeds and PetCoats in the Documents/EA/TS2 folders, and if I'm not completely wrong the files saved in CAS will end up there (not sure if you can save pet coats, though).

You save them by clicking the saving icon, shown in the pics here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Create_a_Pet/The_Sims_2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not entirely sure (because it's been a while since I did it) but I think you can save the pet breed or pet coat via CAS. There's two folders named PetBreeds and PetCoats in the Documents/EA/TS2 folders, and if I'm not completely wrong the files saved in CAS will end up there (not sure if you can save pet coats, though).

You save them by clicking the saving icon, shown in the pics here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Create_a_Pet/The_Sims_2

Awesome! Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 9:53 PM
Most downloadable pets I've seen have been Sims2pack files. Not sure if saving them via CAS packs them (but I would guess it does).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Most downloadable pets I've seen have been Sims2pack files. Not sure if saving them via CAS packs them (but I would guess it does).

Well I checked in my Pet Breed folder just now and there's a new file with just numbers for a name. I'll assume that's the pet. I'm not sure if that is what I'd need to upload or not. It says it's a package data thing (my computer is german so I'm just guessing that means it's a package file).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You'll want to read the MTS2:Creator_Guidelineswiki as well before uploading.

Thanks! Don't worry, this cat does not have nipples and he is not a racist.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmysmalls
Thanks! Don't worry, this cat does not have nipples and he is not a racist.

The guidelines contain FAR more requirements than that. Here's to hoping you actually read the pet guidelines.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The guidelines contain FAR more requirements than that. Here's to hoping you actually read the pet guidelines.

Of course I hope he gets accepted! He meets the unique requirement, for sure.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmysmalls
Of course I hope he gets accepted! He meets the unique requirement, for sure.

I'm looking forward to it.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:50 PM
In Create-a-Sim, there's a button to the side of the pet breed selector that lets you save it to a file. It'll show up under PackagedSims in your save folder as a Sims2Pack. zip up the file before uploading.

If the pet is already in a family, you can have a Sim use the phone to register it as a new breed and it'll appear in the pet breed selector.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
In Create-a-Sim, there's a button to the side of the pet breed selector that lets you save it to a file. It'll show up under PackagedSims in your save folder as a Sims2Pack. zip up the file before uploading.

If the pet is already in a family, you can have a Sim use the phone to register it as a new breed and it'll appear in the pet breed selector.

Thank you! I didn't realize that about the in-game pets.