Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#701 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:09 PM
Default My take
What is your most favorite/least favorite expansion pack, and why? I will have to say my all time fav is Freetime and season because it feels like how my life was. It feels real and the weather is almost like my weather. Least, not really. I love all.
What is your most favorite/least favorite stuff pack, and why? I will say Teen stuff and holiday stuff. I love what it came with and they get to celebrity the holiday I enjoy.
If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be? I will say all 10. I think because I didn't get all of my sims 2 until last year i been using it all.
If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why? None. I love the feel to it. And it helps with my ADHD. I sadly can't use sims3 so sims 2 helps me a lot more. No matter if my cd crack I will get a replacement for it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#702 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:32 AM
Best Ep- BV: I liked the fact that I could 'get away' from the regular routines at home for couple time. I don't use it very much but it's got enough of a new factor that every generation gets to start over.

Uni/NL- Maybe it's because I'm a teacher and I like making my sims smarter while not wasting all my adult life on the mundane. This ep opened up adulthood for things like gardens and vacations...since I usually just kill my old sims off or make them witches and sit them in a corner as permanent babysitters. Liked all the dating features they added in NL and the vamps.

Freetime- pretty cool adding the extra stuff but wouldn't really consider this anything rather than fluff.

Pets- major waste of space. I've only played a pet once and since they basically do everything themselves I never interacted with them much. Never had kittens/puppies so don't know if they're cute.

OFB- LOVED the idea but HATED the game play. You either have to ignore the family side of your life to make money or you make no money. You spend most of your time doing routine things over and over AND OVER again to the point of annoyance, and if you try to get someone to work for you they're idiots. I spent more time directing them and trying to keep them focused than actually doing anything 'business' related- so I lost money and I was still having to pay the idiots for doing nothing. Only good thing is if you do quick turn overs using good you make to build other skills growing up- building up a business and then selling it off. (like badges or cooking meals to learn cooking)

But then again anything after Uni and NL were just fluff- nothing really NEW, just doing the same things in different ways.

Best EP: BV
Worst EP: OFB
Best Stuff Pack: ???? Usually use downloaded items only.

Got the whole collection FREE- because I live in China they have everything on the internet (mostly because you can't buy it here). I've also gotten Sims 3 free but can't figure out what I need to do to change the language to English. -_-' But since I have NO tv, books, or anything to do other than sit at the computer- I spend a LOT of time trying to find something new to do.
Test Subject
#703 Old 22nd May 2014 at 4:11 AM
My favourite EP has to be Freetime just for the fact the activities made my game life better.
My least favourite EP is University because all in all it's just boring.

My favourite SP is definitely Teen Style Stuff. I need to get that for my birthday.
My least favourite SP is Christmas Stuff Pack because it's only useful for Winter in your game.
Test Subject
#704 Old 27th May 2014 at 3:49 PM
Right. From the stuff I have...

#1 - Seasons
There's outerwear, the stuff's nice, gardening, greenhouses (I can make conservatories with them ) and WEATHER. Weather truly enhanced the ENTIRE game experience. Definitely a good find. Rating: 10/10

#2 - Nightlife
I got this with the game because I have Double Deluxe. I really liked the garages, the community lots, having a vehicle, the stuff and Downtown. I wish we could make hotels though, but it's still a nice EP to have. Rating: 9/10

#3 - University
Pretty nice. I like the addition of universities, but I wish we can actually MAKE classrooms. Also, I don't want random Sims claiming dorm rooms, if you understand what I mean.
I do like the musical instruments though. Rating: 7.5/10

Stuff Packs
Celebration! Stuff
I don't use most of the stuff, but it gives nice formal dresses. Rating: 5/10

I wouldn't uninstall any, I like all of them! ~
I'm trying to find Apartment Life right now. I REALLY WANT TO GET IT.
Scholar
#705 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 7:46 PM
Hmm...

Freetime - for the secondary aspiration, it totally changed the game. Not too happy about the hobbies, though.

Nightlife - for the attraction system (lightning bolts) and the cars

OFB - for the business. It is SO MUCH FUN! My legacy family have a home biz, now the spare siblings have a function!

Seasons - for the pretty weather and the ability to have a farm. The most gorgeous of the EP's,

I am currently trying to snag Pets from Ebay.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#706 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:18 PM
My favorite EP? It's a tossup between Nightlife and Open For Business. I love Nightlife for how alive and energetic it makes the game feel, and I love Downtown. Open For Business is great too for all the stuff it adds in Build/Buy mode and of course the businesses which are just generally really fun and interesting to play around with. Least favorite? That would be hard to say. If Bon Voyage is anything like World Adventures in The Sims 3, that might be it due to how it focuses more on going away rather than expanding the actual game, but I only got it recently so I can't really judge it yet. I don't have Apartment Life so I can't say much about that.
Out of the Stuff Packs I have, I'd say H&M Fashion Stuff is my favorite because CAS is one of my favorite parts of the game and H&M just adds so many clothes and outfits. Not a fan of all the branded decor though, lol. Least favorite is probably Family Fun Stuff. It doesn't really add anything other than a bit of themed stuff which is just not suitable and tends to look quite stupid in most instances.

Out of the ones I have, here's how I'd rank the EPs -
Nightlife - Brings life and modern aspects to the game plus some really nice lots and a nice sub neighborhood
Open For Business - Fun and intriguing to mess with and really keeps the game interesting
Seasons - Really adds to the atmosphere and creates a more realistic and interesting environment
Pets - I love pets and this just goes along with that
University - Fun one or two times, then just gets a bit tedious
Bon Voyage - I don't really know since I haven't played with it much, but if it's anything like World Adventures, not a fan of the lack of stuff expanding the actual game rather than just getting you out of it

If I had to remove one? I guess right now since I have yet to get the full experience from Bon Voyage I suppose University since I've already had a full Uni experience in-game and know what to expect and what happens
Lab Assistant
#707 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:57 AM
I've only got Open for Business at the moment. It's one of the few expansion packs (other than Uni and. . .AL? Freetime?) where you can focus gameplay on just one EP with the others minor conveniences to make gameplay nicer.
Test Subject
#708 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:38 AM
I now have all EPs installed and I think I can say what my favorites are and why I like them.

I couldn't decide between Night Life and Apartment Life, that is I don't know which is my favorite. NL was the first expansion I got and it seemed to add a new dimension to the game - I love Downtown and all of its buildings, and the Tricous are by far my favorite premade characters.The cars, the vampires, the dates and the furniture are also great. But I like AL just as much, for the apartments. Apartments make it really easy to make friends within the game for the purpose of careers and it's a lot of fun to make your controllable sim knock on another sims door. I've always had a real thing for apartments in real life so having sims live in them is really nice. I strongly dislike the witches though so I have mods to get rid of them.

Second to NL/AL is probably open for business. I never used to do businesses because I found them difficult but so long as you know what you're doing you're fine. Servos are great fun but I don't often use them since my main hood represents the cities in the real life Los Angeles, and to my knowledge there are unfortunately no servos in real life.

After that I think would be uni. while uni itself is way too long I still like the campus life and the instruments that can be played in sync are my second favorite addition to the sims 2, just after apartments.

In tied 5th(?) place is seasons and bon voyage. I never used to like seasons but now I just customize seasons within my each subhood to something I'm happy with. I love Bon Voyage a lot, probably more than seasons, but I think the two EPs are quite dependent on each other - seasons needs bon boyage, bon voyage needs seasons. I really wish EA had just combined the two into one large expansion

Freetime is good but I think they left it almost... half finished? For example the new instruments can't play along with the ones introduced in university, and it's impossible to make a functioning basketball court or football pitch, as well as when they play those two games the animations look really stupid. I had to get mods to abolish the hobby decay. I do however love the science and nature hobby, the new DJ table and the secret clubhouses (or whatever they're called) for each hobby.

Last is pets. I love the werewolves but that's about it. Strays are hell unless you have a visitor controller and most of my sims are too busy to train their pets not to rip up furniture. I do however like the caged pets like the womrat, or the pets you can download from this website, like the rat and hedgehog and chinchilla.The small caged pets are easy maintenance and even the busiest of sims can make time to care for them.
Field Researcher
#709 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:57 AM
hmmm This is a hard one, because all EP's for TS2 were awesome! (Not like TS3, ughh.)

I think my favorite is OFB, becuase BUSINESS BItch!
Then It's a tie between AL and Seasons, because both changed the gameplay alot! I love the apartments in TS2, it's like one of the best things about TS2 and EA actually did proper Apartments and not some half assed shit that is boring as hell *Looking at you TS3 *
And Seasons was a huge game changer. Seeing my world change with the colors of the year was so amazing the first time so it's one of my favorites.
Then I have to say FT or NL. Because NL gave us so much fun stuff and FT changed alot with the hoppies and two aspirations and more.
Inventor
#710 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:40 PM
I like them all, to be honest, since I'm all about having variety in my gameplay. It does seem like some expansions combine better with other expansions, though. Some of my favorite combinations:

University + Seasons (Put a Sim through college. Join the Education career and get paid more for doing it. Get the Books First for Learning bookshelf. Have kids. Have them get a head start on their education with the Books First for Learning bookshelf. Put the kids through college....)
Open for Business + Bon Voyage (Your business is floundering? Put a Bigfoot on the payroll!)
Open for Business + Free Time (What's better than stocking your store with curtains, teddy bears or pottery at wholesale prices? Making your own!)
Nightlife + Pets (So your neighborhood can have its own "Vampires versus Werewolves" epic...or have them living in the same house, Munsters style.)
University + Nightlife + Open for Business + Pets + Seasons + Bon Voyage + Apartment Life (because if your neighborhood's going to have its own Munsters household, you might as well go whole hog.)
Free Time + Bon Voyage + Apartment Life (because your Music and Dance hobbyists can't call themselves "Lords of the Dance" until they've mastered fire dancing, breakdancing, hula dancing and slap dancing too.)
Open for Business + Seasons (because your mad scientist's house just isn't complete without its own Weather Dominator and an army of robots.)
Nightlife + Apartment Life (How do you stop people from peeping in your coffin while you're napping through the daytime? Hide it behind a secret door!")

...and so on. I'm sure there are many more ways for the expansions to combine their powers and summon Captain Planet or whatever.

Anyway, I gotta have 'em all. Surely I'm not alone in liking all of the expansion packs, right?
Test Subject
#711 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:10 PM
Just to let everyone know that EA are giving away the whole Sims 2 bundle (every EP and game) for free till the 31st of July on origin (which is also free)
link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-t...ate-collection/
Test Subject
#712 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:47 PM
Default It works!
Quote: Originally posted by katieb1213
Just to let everyone know that EA are giving away the whole Sims 2 bundle (every EP and game) for free till the 31st of July on origin (which is also free)
link: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-t...ate-collection/

I just saw this! It works~!

"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe... and... he's wonderful."
Lab Assistant
#713 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:43 PM
Mine just finished installing and holy crap, it actually just boot up- in five seconds? My OFB game took an HOUR just to get past the splash screen!
When I return I will have reviews on most everything.

The queen of mean and baking.
Test Subject
#714 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:15 PM
I honestly loved pretty much all the EP's...but I suppose I could pick a top three.

1st Place: Bon Voyage. I love vacations (who doesn't?) and being able to let my sims take the time off and explore/try different things was really great. I know it can get buggy and all, but I honestly loved taking my sims on vacation and building new ones. Plus, let's face it, there are so many awesome hotels and the like on modthesims.info. We can all agree on that, right?

2nd Place: Seasons. I found that it added so much realism to the game and I just loved every aspect of it. My favorite season was probably winter because it was/is so fun to see the sims having a great time out there. I've even decided to incorporate holidays with the seasons, like winter is the christmas season, in summer the families go on vacation, and in fall I plan a big feast and make it Thanksgiving

3rd Place: Open for Business/Pets/Nightlife/University: Yep, I give up now.

Good luck finding your new game!
Test Subject
#715 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Looking to get a new expansion and can't decide which one? Looking to uninstall an expansion you have but don't know which one to nuke? Just want to yammer about which ones are the best, worst, or otherwise?

What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?

This is now the official catch-all thread for this topic. Please do not post any new threads on this topic - if you have input on the subject or are looking to make a new purchase/removal, read this thread for all kinds of opinions, then make your own decision.

Please vote in the poll regarding your favourite expansion pack if you do not have any additional comments to add on the subject. Please note that you may vote for multiple options if you like two expansion packs equally - please don't vote for ALL the options, though, as that would be silly.

This thread may be archived if/when we see a new expansion pack, to add additional poll options without skewing the results.

I do not really prefer pets since it only comes with dog & cats, but I mean I made a pretty decent fox with the cat tool. I think Bon Voyage has its ups & downs because twikki island was really good but I expected more clothing and I hating the pick-pocket that came with it. University is great too but, I got overwhelmed with it because basically in every dormitory, there would be like 3 music machines and your sim would want to just dance instead of doing work. Also, for my sim(s) it did take ALOT of pressure to join like a sorriotry (idk how to spell it) since all my sim a girls, but,nightlife is a great pack.
Lab Assistant
#716 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:18 AM
First of all, sorry to bump up this thread.
Second of all, let's get to the point.

I only started playing The Sims 2 in 2012 so I don't have that many expansions (only University, Nightlife and Pets) but here's my opinion.

University: I love University! I have a habit of making perfect Sims and this just gave a whole new way to be perfect. Also, the Resurrect-O-Nomitron is a great addition.
I really like having the young adult stage. It's a new chance to develop your skills, start a family and basically have fun. In my first University game, my Knowledge sim was so desperate for good grades she got engaged to her professor. The second she got out into the 'real world', she broke up with him.

Nightlife: I have Double Deluxe, so I basically started the game with Nightlife. I love the dating system and had a lot of fun once making a couple - one who sent the other flowers and another who gave a hilarious card that basically said 'I hate you'. Also, I like the addition of the Matchmaker.

Pets: I wouldn't say this is my favourite expansion ever, but it's kind of okay. I liked the ability to make my own dog and cat breeds, but since I played The Sims 3 before The Sims 2 I was a little sad that they didn't have horses. However, I liked the ability to get your pets careers.

I can't really pick a favourite, but Nightlife and University are my top two. However, if I had all the expansions, I would probably prefer Open for Business, Free Time and Seasons.
Field Researcher
#717 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:00 PM
My favourite EPs are University and FreeTime. I feel that they add lots of new gameplay that suits my playing style. I also enjoy Apartment Life a lot, and Seasons is useful to have (albeit sometimes annoying, like during storms). I'm indifferent about Pets, Bon Voyage and Nightlife - sure, they're nice to have, add some fun new features, but I could live without them. I don't play businesses, therefore I don't use a lot of the features of Open for Business - so I guess that would be my least favourite.

I have all stuff packs, but mostly use IKEA Home Stuff for furniture and H&M Fashion Stuff for clothing, and occasionally stuff from others, too. They're very useful to me as I don't have CC (except for mods) but I guess if someone has a lot of CC these are not as useful.
Lab Assistant
#719 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:07 PM Last edited by mariaaaanna : 12th Oct 2014 at 1:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say about sp
I started playing Sims 2 after years of giving up on it simply because I loved running businesses. Need I say more? Sims 3 was so disappointing on that matter. I hope Sims 4 will bring this feature back! *fingers crossed*

I completely love IKEA, and that stuff pack allowed me to make my dream houses. I am all for simplicity, ahah. And H&M because I am a shopaholic. :p
Test Subject
#720 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:05 PM
I always hated OfB. I thought "It is sooo boring, how can somebody really love this expansion?"
And yesterday I built a pet shop, my sim sells cats and dogs and accesories. And now I absolutely love this expansion. How could I not love it before?
Test Subject
#721 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 11:08 PM
From best to worst:
Expansion Pack:
-Nightlife (Adding so much, so good things!)
-Open For Bussines
-University
-Pets
-Apartament Life
-Bon voyage
-Seasons
-Free Time (Not bad, but other ones are better, this one is adding very few things)
Stuff Packs:
-Ikea (I love IKEA!)
-H&M
-Glamour Life ex aequo Mansion and Garden
-Kitchen and Bath
-Teen Style ex aequo Family Fun
-Celebration! (Just reskins of base game items, altrough it can be usefull.)
Inventor
#722 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 1:02 PM
My favorite would have to be University and my least favorite is Teen Style only because I don't believe that it was enough in the sp. I have them all and usually when I bought them it would be a purchase of like two or three at a time so I couldn't honestly say which one really is not the greatest. When playing with them all it makes my game play awesome. I like that they give you more interactions with each addition. I really hoped that before TS3 the would have given us one more but I suppose that's just being greedy.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Test Subject
#723 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 2:26 AM
My top five favourites:

1) Open For Business. I really like the concept of home businesses, and I hope they make something similar for the Sims 4.
2) Pets. Of course we need pets, and the fact that they can be FULLY CONTROLLABLE with cheats is really nice.
3) Nightlife. Cars, new places to see, things to do, and arguably the best music of the expansion packs.
4) FreeTime. Hobbies, cool new objects, free computer from Rod Humble, etc.
5) Seasons. Lovely weather effects, and a nice new neighbourhood.

My least favourite, sorry to say, would have to be University. I didn't really get much play time out of it till I got bored and dropped my Sims out of the college.
Field Researcher
#724 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 3:50 PM
I have only two favorites that I've picked out, but a bunch of random comments about other ones:

1.) OPEN FOR BUSINESS: Definitely number one for me! I love making them into entrepreneurs and running their own businesses and all that. All my really rich sims are the ones who run one or two businesses in town. I wish learning the cash register skill wasn't such a slow process though. I hate it when customers get fed-up waiting and stomp off. (Although the great and powerful Numenor did make that 'practice' cash register you can practice on when the store is closed. That helps!) Also, some clever modder (can't remember who, now) made a custom sculpture manufactory for carving your own sculptures out of hunks of rock, so I've actually made businesses that sell nothing but paintings and sculptures to lend some culture to my little towns. I still have no idea how you're supposed to make any money running a hair salon, offering "free" makeovers to people wandering by. I guess you're supposed to use that ticket machine which charges customers by the hour for as long as they stay on the lot. Makeovers don't take much time though, so you'd have to have other stuff on the lot as well, like a bubble blower or a hot tub or a sauna or something to make any cash. How realistic is that?? Not very. Nonetheless, OFB is still my fave, by far.

2.) SEASONS: I love weather! And I love outerwear too, especially custom outerwear! (Does anybody know why that fur coat from GL is considered formalwear, not outerwear? Who walks around at a party in a fur coat? I guess if you're at a party on the wrong side of the tracks you might be afraid to take it off, but otherwise it doesn't make much sense, LOL.) Raking leaves and gardening are very huge additions to the game and make for a whole other layer of experience. I really hate plant-sims, but what are you gonna do. I had one very dedicated old lady gardener who turned into a plant-sim and I was so disgusted I stopped playing her! In real life, if you garden a lot you just get better at gardening, you don't actually turn into a PLANT! Geez! How ridiculous. Oh well, that's this game for you; you have to take the bad with the good. Again, this expansion, as well as all the other expansions, is greatly enhanced by making use of all the great custom content out there, like Beck's farm animals for instance. I love those chickens!

Random Remarks, in no particular order:

PETS: This one was a bit of a disappointment. The pets are too needy and too time-consuming to be realistic. If they're not ripping your house to shreds they're piddling on the floor or stinking up the joint in some other way. What they could have done, when your cat or dog has a go at some piece of furniture, instead of reducing it to a pile of sticks the resale value of that piece of furniture should be reduced to 0 simoleons. Now that would be realistic! My cats are always getting heck for clawing up my furniture, but they never seem to learn not to, and never have they turned one into a heap of firewood . . . however, I'd have a hard time trying to sell any of it to anybody. lol. I never bother with that gerbil thing, and I rarely buy birds for my sims. And there are no horses! I know this one has been flogged to death, but it still eats me alive that they would go to the trouble of making a Pets expansion pack and not include horses. I bet if you polled a thousand people here, what would be the biggest complaint about the Pets EP? No horses! The Sims 3 horses are gorgeous (but the sims themselves are hideous, so I don't ever go there.) Or at least they could have done a Farm Life EP and made horses and sheep etc. a separate thing. Oh well, thank God for CC is what I always say.

UNIVERSITY
Mad Poster
#725 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 4:03 PM
I have a number of gold-badge gardeners and no plant sims, Laura. No pesticides; ladybug houses. All the way.

I also don't have a problem with pets being too destructive or hard to train. Don't get pets if you don't have the time to devote to them. As in real life.

Don't give away makeovers! Sell them! You set the price and they buy as per usual. Also you can sell clothes in the same store, though I don't recommend having a lot of other things for sale besides the makeover chair, as the customers will ponder buying the same deco shampoo over and over rather than gravitating to the chair. If you visit the beauty salon with other playable sims, you'll see that they sell a lot of "maintenance" haircuts, that leave the sim looking the same as before, at the cost of whatever the chair's set for. Only give free makeovers to fix a bad one.

You're about to say University is boring and I'm about to tell you that you're not playing with enough students, or loosening up and taking advantage of the full DRAMA potential.

There are no good or bad EPs. There are EPs that we learned how to play in the way that's fun for us, and those that we didn't.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 29 of 33