Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11926 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 10:17 PM
Maybe my drunk mind is pulling drinks, but why does a Sim take out a Cold One out of mini fridge a can that has straw in it? I suppose it should represent a beer - that one explicitly that isn't intented to be drank from the sraw?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11927 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Maybe my drunk mind is pulling drinks, but why does a Sim take out a Cold One out of mini fridge a can that has straw in it? I suppose it should represent a beer - that one explicitly that isn't intented to be drank from the sraw?

Sims don't react to alcohol, their metabolisms are such that they react to high concentrations of fruit sugar. To me a "cold one" could be not really much more than a frosty juice beverage, only not really very intoxicating. Don't ask me what's in the kegs they like to chug from when given the chance, I've never really tried to figure that out.
Mad Poster
#11928 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:05 AM
If it isn't alchohol and just juice, shouldn't children be able to use the bar? Just something to wonder about.

Mad Poster
#11929 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:36 AM Last edited by igazor : 29th Sep 2020 at 12:53 AM.
If it isn't alchohol and just juice, shouldn't children be able to use the bar? Just something to wonder about.

OMG, no! Won't someone think of the children?!

The key issue there was that of high concentrations. Sims don't get "high" (tipsy, happy, unstable, whatever) from eating an apple or drinking a glass of regular juice and it's perfectly fine for kids to get their vitamin C that way. Nectar and the drinks served in LN bars have much higher concentrations than regular juice. Seems to me that kids should be able to order food from a bar though, if the animations are present/fixed so that they don't get all distorted and stretched out in the process.
Scholar
#11930 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 4:25 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 30th Sep 2020 at 3:46 AM.
TIL: The Nonpackaged folder I've been throwing my crappy edited worlds in also has a library folder. THAT'S RIGHT. All this time I've been looking at those ugly default families and houses I'm never going to use, thinking "Wow, wouldn't it be perfect to have a place to put lots and families I will always want rather than accidentally purging them when I toss my other library folder filled with exfd0000oewri423423 files???

*Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library
:D
Field Researcher
#11931 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 5:38 PM

Technically hard ciders and wines are juice, they've just been fermented (also I am still miffed I can't put honey or herbs into the nectar brewing machines).

Of recent:

There is graffiti on the back of the Sphinx in Egypt.

And something I finally caught a screenshot of...

In this picture dad is talking to mom while he's eating and she's cooking (I tend to cook meals in batches and just stock up on leftovers). I just missed where the son was at the table watching tv and in the conversation too. So there is some times where you can get sims doing different tasks interacting with each other in 3 but it's limited.
Mad Poster
#11932 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
I am still miffed I can't put honey or herbs into the nectar brewing machines.

Have you ever tried to clean a nectar machine that's all gunked up with solidified honey and dried out herbs? It's quite a fun weekend project.

One of icarus' mods allows for this. I think it's this one.

And we have the Ingredients Overhaul mod component that extends that functionality. I believe that Cinder and icarus worked together on that part to keep things cross-compatible. I forget exactly how this goes since I have had so many of these mods in play all together for so many years now, but icarus' mod I think would be required to get the full effects of the honey/herbs that have been used by way of Cinder's mod.

Let there be mead!
Field Researcher
#11933 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Have you ever tried to clean a nectar machine that's all gunked up with solidified honey and dried out herbs? It's quite a fun weekend project.

Pft, just get a high pressure hose and clean most of it out like they do with the shake machines at McDonald's. Sure the next batch of nectar is swill but the consignment shop will sell it anyway. (The best real life story I know of about mead brewing is the description of the small explosion caused by using champagne yeast while making blueberry mead.)

Thank you for pointing out the add on to the Ingredient's Overhaul. I had missed that.
Field Researcher
#11934 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 6:44 PM
This is less about the game and more about me discovering SP's immigration option.
I finally made 67 of my custom sims into seedlings for the sim bin.
I then used Nraas Immigration to populate the world, and I was shocked at how many things made sense. SP had one family move in where the parents were the same sex, and had biological children, which made me go wtf. I took a closer look and it turns out one of the parents was an alien, that was a cool moment cuz it made SENSE. Also had another family where it was a single mom and 3 teenagers. They had a butt load of money and moved into one of the biggest houses in town. I looked at the mom's aspiration and it was a gold digger, so it hit me that she must be a legendary "successful gold digger". Her ex husband is probably lying in a plot of dirt somewhere, and she bought her kids here to this island to enjoy the wealth. Hilarious.
Lab Assistant
#11935 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 1:28 AM
Tonight I just learned that cats can tackle toddlers! It's the best!

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Theorist
#11936 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 12:11 AM Last edited by HCAC : 10th Oct 2020 at 12:46 AM.
One of my sim kids was playing with that magic 8 ball thing and asked "Will I be rich?" A icon of the kid popped up and it said, Use the motherlode cheat." The game automatically did it and added 50,000 simoleons to the family. This is actually a Supernatural item, not base game.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#11937 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 9:36 AM
I went for Physical Education degree on University for the first time and I discovered that Martial Arts practice counts towards University Performance. In the past I kept avoiding this degree because it doesn't have a lot of career options and lacks good earning opportunities (I thought) during the courses. But with Martial Arts you get enough time to max it and earn from breaking space rocks. I also went full douche..eh Jock to unlock Sports Agent Career.

So this sim rolled through University by being an obnoxious drunk hooligan.
Mad Poster
#11938 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 12:21 AM
Take Deep Breaths Animation and a wish pertaining to it that I can't remember the name of it. Basically, your Sim pulls out a paper bag to take stabilizing breaths or whatever by inhaling and exhaling in it.

Lab Assistant
#11939 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 2:27 PM
Take Deep Breaths Animation and a wish pertaining to it that I can't remember the name of it. Basically, your Sim pulls out a paper bag to take stabilizing breaths or whatever by inhaling and exhaling in it.

Oh, I've never seen this either! Is it related to a trait?
Top Secret Researcher
#11940 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 2:39 PM
It comes with the unstable trait.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Unstable
Lab Assistant
#11941 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:23 PM
I wasn't exactly playing the Sims 3, just loading up a save file to check out some Nraas StoryProgression settings. I noticed that in EA's given settings that there is an option to disable StoryProgression? Did EA actually give players the option to disable StoryProgression, or does it only disable certain parts of StoryProgression?

Top Secret Researcher
#11942 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
Did EA actually give players the option to disable StoryProgression...?
Yep.

I turn it off so I can tell a story without having the co-stars (inactive households) pick up and move out of town.
Lab Assistant
#11943 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 2:58 AM
Oh, then rotational play is very much possible for those who like that sort of thing?

Top Secret Researcher
#11944 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 1:51 AM
Oh, then rotational play is very much possible for those who like that sort of thing?

Yes. Go to the "Advanced Demographic Options" (rightmost) options tab, and un-click Enable Story Progression.
As well, I reckon you'll want to Disable Aging (in the Game Options tab).
Lab Assistant
#11945 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 10:45 PM
Oh! That's very interesting. I don't always do rotational play myself, but I was mainly asking because I always heard that if someone wanted to do rotational play they'd have to set it up completely with Nraas mods. Which is somewhat true, because a household's wants don't stay in place when switching to and from different households.

Mad Poster
#11946 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 6:29 PM
Party Animal sims can dance on counters. I never knew this was possible. Now I want the interaction unlocked for all.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#11947 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 11:13 PM
Rabbit holes are confusing when footprint of it is unclear. Wish the creator of them altered their square size.

Mad Poster
#11948 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 11:14 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 29th Nov 2020 at 2:44 AM.
Oh! That's very interesting. I don't always do rotational play myself, but I was mainly asking because I always heard that if someone wanted to do rotational play they'd have to set it up completely with Nraas mods. Which is somewhat true, because a household's wants don't stay in place when switching to and from different households.

Well, you do sort of need NRAAS to make it somewhat close to rotational play. Sims still tend do stuff on their own.

Eta: speaking of that mod, by discovery is that it prove me wrong that you can do anything with it. For example, the option to unlocked potions from chemistey station to be all discovered/learned is absent.

Lab Assistant
#11949 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 3:52 AM
Just learned that raccoons can eat out of pet bowls.

I don't know why I'm so happy about this discovery.

Scholar
#11950 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:27 PM
None of the Sunset Valley males have body hair. I never noticed before looking around the town, but I guess a new laptop and videocard that can run the game's graphics at the highest setting will make it clear. In the past I've only ever noticed when my sims are getting to know a new lover.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Page 478 of 490