Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:13 PM
✳The Sims 3™ Seasons: Ideas/Hopes/Speculations?
So this is a forum for talking all about the possible and upcoming sims 3 seasons expansion pack! And please don't be a hater on this thread - positive comments only! All of the below are rumors and things we hope for that may or may not be included or happen:

•Release date for North America: Mid november of 2012 - possibly 11-11-12

New Creature(s) or NPCs:
•PlantSim?
•Scarecrow?
•Snowman?
•Ice-Sim?
•Wizard of Time?
•Mother of Nature?
•Animal-Sim-Shapeshifter?
•Tree-Sim Shapeahifter?
•Centaur (Horse-Sim)?
•Pegasus?
•Any other creatures you can think of?

New animals?:
•Cows
•Chickens
•Pigs
•Turkeys
•Bucks
•Mice/rats/rodents, etc
•More birds
•Sheep/Lambs
•Horses (even if you don't have TS3 Pets you'll get them - just like in both TS3 Late Night and Supernatural you get vampires)
•Any other farm animals?

Themes:
•Farming/Gardening
•Meteorology/Weather
•Seasons/Time
•Country/Home Living
•???

Careers:
•Weatherman/meteorologist
•Gardner/landscaper
•Hunter
•Astronomer
•Maid
•Realtor
•What else?

Deaths:
•Death by lightning
•Death by fear
•Death by suffocation (possibly in snow? lol)
•Death by satellite
•Death by tractor?
•Deathy by hail
•Death by drowning (in flood)
•Death by creature-related-activity?
•What else?

Features:
•New solar cycle
•New lunar cycle (even if you don't have TS3 Supernatural)
•Rain
•Snow
•Hail
•Sleet
•Ice on ground/streets
•Floods
•Wind
•4 Seasons that you can adjust for all your worlds (length of each and what seasons you want)
•Leaves falling off trees!
•Flowers blooming
•Hurricanes
•Tornados
•Improved atmosphere (Overcast, Cloudiness & Sunny)
•NEW WORLD, country themed, with variety of plant life and farms and all 4 seasons
•Weather-control machine (like from TS2 Seasons)
•Holidays!?
•Arts and crafts??
•Wishing well
•Weather channel on TV, on newspaper, & computer
•Smartphones?? (idk lol...for going on Internet and checking stuff you could on computer on the go)
•Improved cooking
•More involved gardening and new harvestables
•Plant food
•Hardware store
•TV/Radio station
•Gardening Store
•Sports store?
•New sports: archery, snowboarding, skiing, ice skating
roller skating, skateboarding, etc.?
•Hunting
•Guns?? :/
•Snow days off for students and adults at work!
•Summer vacation for students!
•Sim Calender with own simlish months
•Mail (send and receive personal letters
•Home insurance??
•Tractor for farming?
•Horse drawn chariots?
•Playing in snow (building snowmen, snow angels, snowball fights, etc)
•Bonfires (like the one from TS2 University)
•Camping
•Hiking
SWIMMING IN NATURAL BODIES OF WATER LIKE BEACHES AND LAKES AND PONDS PLEASE EA LET OUR SIMS SWIM!
•Gardening & cooking competitions
•temperature of sims (like the little thermometer icon by the sims avatar)
•New outdoor-wear with new clothing like coats, hats, rain boots, umbrellas THAT SIMS ACTUALLY CAN USE!, etc...
•WHAT ELSE???

Build mode:
•Barn building sets
•Advanced Landscaping
•Better Garden patches
•New fences
•New trees/bushes/flowers/rocks/terrain/etc
•WHAT ELSE?

•Price: $40 or more? (that is if ALL this stuff and then more is packed in then I guess it is worth more)...but I won't argue with EA if its less!

Now I know I obvisouly didn't cover everything possible so you guys add your own ideas below!!! I would love to see what you guys hope for in TS3 Seasons! Maybe we can tell EA! Lol

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:16 PM
A town in the mountains hills, with a giant lake at the base. Optimal for Falls and Winter.

Leave Spring and summer for Sunset Valley.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:19 PM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 24th Jul 2012 at 8:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88
•Release date for North America: Mid november of 2012 - possibly 11-11-12

Uhm, this expansion most definitely won't release in November of this year. Every expansion pack takes 6 months or more for the entire development and marketing process to be completed. Supernatural is scheduled to release in September of 2012. Which means this EP would not be released until around the spring of 2013.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
Uhm, this expansion most definitely won't release in November of this year. Every expansion pack takes 6 months to develop. Supernatural is scheduled to release in September. Which means this EP would not be released until March 2013.

i know i know but on the sims wiki rumors it said the release date leaked out on a bunch of sites and i mean i wouldn't be surprised as 1) they released TS3 Diesel a month after Katy Perry and 2) November is when it tends to get winter-ish and everyones gonna be like "Hey its snowing- i want it to snow in my sims game! so lets go get TS3 Seasons!"

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:40 PM
I am not much of a speculator and no, I didn't come from Missouri but I am one that will believe it when I see the date officially announced. Might apply to the EP itself.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 7:55 PM
Uhm, this expansion most definitely won't release in November of this year. Every expansion pack takes 6 months to develop.

Stop. Stop right there.

You're assuming two things:

1. EPs are only developed for six months and Seasons hasn't started development yet.

2. There's only one team to develop EP's.

I can immediately refute number two by noting that SimGuruGraham has consistently spoken about a secret project that him and his team are working on while the other teams have worked on Supernatural. There are multiple teams.

We don't know enough to claim number one, and I would highly doubt it if I were you.

The past would tell us to doubt this Seasons EP coming out in November, but the evidence is stacking up heavily that our doubts are wrong. An Outwear category has been leaked. There are many listings from reliable retailer sites, all with Seasons being set for November. Retail sites have been how we have seen so many past EP's leak. You can't throw away what they say.

It's a bit out there that EA would release Seasons in November right after Supernatural. However, it was also out there that EA would release two Stuff Packs in between two Expansion Packs, and they did just that.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:09 PM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 24th Jul 2012 at 8:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy

KPST was a promotional item, and isn't even classified as a "Stuff Pack", therefor the whole argument of two Stuff Packs releasing within the same time slot is invalid.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM
This thread also already exists, and it's 40 pages long: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment

Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM
I want all that moogloo88 listed. Also, children building snowmen and parents lifting them up in their arms so that they could place the carrot for the snowman's nose. That's in TS1 and I was really disappointed that it was left out from TS2 so I really hope they add it to TS3!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
This thread also already exists, and it's 40 pages long: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment

ooooops i didnt know of this...well still dont be afraid to comment on this thread!

Moogloo88

Scholar
#11 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Stop. Stop right there.

You're assuming two things:

1. EPs are only developed for six months and Seasons hasn't started development yet.

2. There's only one team to develop EP's.

I can immediately refute number two by noting that SimGuruGraham has consistently spoken about a secret project that him and his team are working on while the other teams have worked on Supernatural. There are multiple teams.

We don't know enough to claim number one, and I would highly doubt it if I were you.

The past would tell us to doubt this Seasons EP coming out in November, but the evidence is stacking up heavily that our doubts are wrong. An Outwear category has been leaked. There are many listings from reliable retailer sites, all with Seasons being set for November. Retail sites have been how we have seen so many past EP's leak. You can't throw away what they say.

It's a bit out there that EA would release Seasons in November right after Supernatural. However, it was also out there that EA would release two Stuff Packs in between two Expansion Packs, and they did just that.

I think the game itself is proof that it's not developed by one consistent team. Things would probably work better and be more integrated if it was one team. Sims 3 suffers from "siloism" each team doing their own thing, the others having to scramble to accommodate code changes.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#12 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 12:41 AM
so far, in relation to a Seasons pack, all I have seen is speculation, rumours, talk of "leaks" etc. I want cold, hard facts. Until we get them we can't say for sure one way or another.

This pack doesn't interest me that much, but a playable Occult Scarecrow sounds pretty cool.
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 4:27 PM
A big and a lot of hope(sss)........are not disconnected with the a big and a lot of disappointment(sss), right?

I hope I will not disappointment that TS3 Seasons will be released at the end of this year.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 7:19 AM
I'm not trying to be a hater, but honestly, someone in a forum when the Supernatural release was announced had a good point. So much of the stuff they're including in the Supernatural SP kind of leads to the next step being TS4. Though, with the Sims Store being available for TS3 and it wasn't available for the others, they might have it put off for a while. I don't really care about something that's been done before. I think Supernatural was a pretty creative idea, but I think they could get more creative with things.

"It's no use analyzing your life the whole time. Those analyses won't help you when you're dead."-- Mike Dirnt
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:57 AM
OMG this great, I hope that it is like seasons in sims 2 but only sims 3. The stuff that mayde included with it sounds great!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:14 AM
KPST was a promotional item, and isn't even classified as a "Stuff Pack", therefor the whole argument of two Stuff Packs releasing within the same time slot is invalid.

It is to at least some extent. If you go the Official The Sims 3 website, the information from the Katy Perry pack is under Games > Stuff Packs, and the forum for it is under Stuff Packs.

While you could argue that they just didn't want to go through the work of making new categories to put it under, it's quite clear that they do consider it enough of a Stuff Pack.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 3:12 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up. This way I'll be less disappointed by the final product.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sofudgeaswell
I'm not trying to be a hater, but honestly, someone in a forum when the Supernatural release was announced had a good point. So much of the stuff they're including in the Supernatural SP kind of leads to the next step being TS4.

This is a very subjective comment. Not all of us think Supernatural is the end-all pack. In fact, even if they put only the bits we see in the Season hints (screenshots and cover) then it will be a fantastic pack, more exciting to me than a bunch of supernatural creatures. I want STUFF, not more ways to make Sims. I admire the enthusiasm of the folks who love these packs, but really, they are giving their own opinions and we all have different opinions. I like the stuff that is in SN and I will probably buy it for the stuff, not the creatures because, well, I can afford to do so. If I couldn't, I would skip SN and not worry too much about it. But Seasons? No way could I lose swimming in oceans, country fair items, snow, etc. My game would feel incomplete without it.

Thank goodness EA is giving us both so everyone will be happy....well, not everyone I guess. :P
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 9:15 PM
I hope it has Gardening, cos that was the thing I really liked about S2 Seasons. :p
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sgloomi
I hope it has Gardening, cos that was the thing I really liked about S2 Seasons. :p

S3 already has gardening, though. I hope it improves on Gardening, because it's such a pain to do now and takes all day without mods.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:00 PM
i've seen the trailer, it looks really awesome !
Scholar
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:36 PM
In case you miss it in the other topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5nTGm0j3Q
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:09 PM
I really want plantsims and and an Ice Queen.and POOL SLIDES and creating ALIENS directly from CAS with SN
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:21 PM
An idea I'd like to see, slightly unorthodox but not out of the realm of possibility considering what we know about Supernatural:

A lifestate for each of the four seasons.

* Plantsims for the spring.

* Merpeople for the summer- they do seem to be egging on the recurring rumours about them, given that the new trailer is the second one in which someone briefly appears in a mermaid-themed costume. Plus, you know, swimmable oceans.

* Aliens for the autumn. Already confirmed at the end of the trailer, vaguely thematically appropriate given autumn harvests and the cliche of aliens leaving crop circles.

* Bigfoot for the winter. Because a big hairy creature is well-suited to the cold.

If they were to do that, every Sims 2 creature would have been brought back to the series, leaving nobody thinking that any of them had been left out and allowing the last few expansions to introduce entirely new lifestates. In conjuction with everything we've already seen in the trailer, it'd more or less cut the number of complaints about TS3 in half in one fell swoop.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 6:47 AM
Havent checked this in a while but HAHA! look at everyone who disagreed with me -- TS3 Seasons IS in fact coming out November 13! Looks like I knew what i was talking about. Anyway I cant wait for this EP and Supernatural!!!! im just so mad they made aliens the creature!!! UGHH that woulda been the perfect one for the university EP, but NO. I would say make plantsims the creatures but fairies in Supernatural are actually extremely similar cuz of their relationship with plants and such (research them). I think they shoulda made the creature bigfoot or a mermaid cuz sims can swim in the ocean, which ties mermaids in, and bigfoots were never in World Adventures, and they seem good creatures for winter time And other than that im head over heels about the fact that we have basically 4 new creatures, and an improved one in Supernatural!!! Cant wait for more

Moogloo88

Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: Topic already exist
Page 1 of 2