Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Hellken : 13th May 2015 at 7:13 PM.
How do you cure sick townies, dormies, etc.?
There seems to be an epidemic of sick NPCs, townies, dormies, etc.* in my game. They are infecting everyone they come in contact with. It does not help at all that everyone in the Sims universe loves hanging out with complete strangers. I am planning to spawn them in a "hospital" and isolate each of them in a room. Since there are a lot of them, I am going to place them in small pig pens with bare necessities (TV, sofa, the snapdragon flower from OFB) until they cure. Does this work?

*edit: townies, dormies, etc. not the NPC maid, gardener, etc,
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:31 PM
Let a family sim invite them and serve them grandma's comfort soup. Heals much faster.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
#3 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:34 PM
Interesting. I've never had a sick npc. *knocks on wood*
Just sick playables.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:36 PM
With or without cheating?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Let a family sim invite them and serve them grandma's comfort soup. Heals much faster.

I was thinking of that but I would need enough soup to fill this pool.

So I think herding them into a concentration camp and force feeding them the soup somehow might save some time... if it is possible to do such a thing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:53 PM
Yeah, just serve them comfort soup. You could make them selectable and have them eat it or just invite them to a household, serve and "call guests to meal". It cures sickness instantly.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:04 PM
NPCs as the term is commonly used around here - non-playable service sims like the maid or gardener - will not normally get sick, unless a game is modded to allow it (or corrupted in some way, I guess). Townies, however, do get sick, and they can spread it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:11 PM
Isolating them and then making them eat the soup might be better. I know Peni says it's possible to get reinfected at the table by the other sick ones, and it sounds like you have a lot of Sims so you want this wiped properly.

I'd build little 2x2 rooms with a table and a chair, without doors, and place each sim in one of those. Then I'd use another Sim to cook soup. Make sure you have lots of table space that it can serve on so that you get separate dishes, and then use moveobjects on to move the bowls into the isolated rooms.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:33 PM
Or, put them all together on a lot until they die. Then they won't spread it. That'll teach em!

Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:19 PM
Personally, since I still use the Simblender, I would just use it to cure everybody, but that is just me.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th May 2015 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
Personally, since I still use the Simblender, I would just use it to cure everybody, but that is just me.

That, or the mask from Insim, though the Blender is more recent, and Insim has been long-unsupported.

But that's why I asked if we're talking about cheating or not cheating. I confess I make my Sims healthy every chance I get, because that's not a feature I'm crazy about. But sometimes I've tried to keep everyone hale and hearty without cheats.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:00 PM
Well, if you have mad scientists or doctors, they can make medicine and give it to the townies as well, I guess? I certainly don't have a family sim in each household, so my poor family sims will not be able to feed all the sick townies. Haven't done that for a while, but I think they can give medicine they have made to friends - they can also sell it.

If my Sims are sick, they simply have to relax and read or sleep until they are healthy again. Normally takes about a day. I also let them take bubble baths and watch TV. It does not bother me too much, but if you don't stay at the lot until the sims are cured, they will infect the whole hood.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:27 PM
Cyjon also has a mod that adds extra genie wishes, including one to cure the plague.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:40 PM
Just teleport them in, make selectable and use a mod like the sim manipulator to cure them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellken
I was thinking of that but I would need enough soup to fill this pool.

That pool is just ... OMG.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:35 AM
I think, if a 'flu outbreak got to the stage that it was endemic in the townie population and that it was spoiling my game, I'd use the Sim Manipulator to cure them, but try to have a story to explain it. I'd summon them all in batches (using a teleporter) to the house of the most senior Sim in the medical career in my 'hood (which isn't very senior in Veronaville) and cure them all with the Sim Manipulator. I'd say it was a new treatment that had been developed. I'd give them all hearty meal when they were there too. (If I had comfort soup, I'd probably use that.)

I think the batbox has an option to cure disease too.

I'm horrified at the suggestion of killing them all , but that's how the British government deals with foot and mouth disease in livestock.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#17 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:51 AM
I use Grandma's comfort soup or the Sim Manipulator if i'm lazy!
The last rotation i played was horrible! Nearly everybody had the flu, many sims already had died!
I used the Sim Manipulator on my witches lot and pretend that she healed everyone. :D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th May 2015 at 10:28 AM
Sorry Andrew. I wouldn't actually do that in my game, but it seemed like an option!

The medicine produced by the science career reward doesn't actually cure sickness, IIRC. It's broken.

Cyjon has a couple of mods which affect how disease progresses, (frequent processing and faster processing) which can be helpful if you have large households, all sick, and nobody getting better. Just don't put them both in at once if you have a household like that, because the result of a built up level of sickness plus both mods equals lots of immediate deaths. Put faster in first, that solves the issue of them not being able to recover. Once your sickness reaches acceptable levels, you can put frequent in if you like.

However, neither of those mods helps townies, because townies are unplayable and as such time does not pass for them. So once they are infected, they don't recover unless you force them to.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th May 2015 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HonokaAizawa
The last rotation i played was horrible! Nearly everybody had the flu, many sims already had died!
Do you have a "realistic sickness" mod? With normal Maxis behaviour your Sims should recover if they take things easy. Don't let them go to work or school, and keep them lying or sitting as much as possible. If they're tired enough to sleep, send them to bed. Of course they do have to attend to their other needs! Especially hunger! Don't let them starve to death in bed!

In the modern developed world, I think the Maxis behaviour is more realistic than the "realistic" mods.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Sorry Andrew. I wouldn't actually do that in my game, but it seemed like an option!
I wasn't surprised that the suggestion was made, but I was a little surprised that it was you that made it!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:37 PM
When something like that happens I just cheat them healthy with insimminator. Stuff like herding them into a impromptu quarantine area just takes me out of the game too much.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#21 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Do you have a "realistic sickness" mod? With normal Maxis behaviour your Sims should recover if they take things easy. Don't let them go to work or school, and keep them lying or sitting as much as possible. If they're tired enough to sleep, send them to bed. Of course they do have to attend to their other needs! Especially hunger! Don't let them starve to death in bed!

In the modern developed world, I think the Maxis behaviour is more realistic than the "realistic" mods.

Yes, i have the "realistic sickness" mod. Not the worst version but it's definitely deadly!
I do care for the needs but sometimes it seems that it's not enough.
It's sad but Maxis version of illness is a little bit... lame for me.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:59 PM
A lot of us who use realistic sickness use it in an historical game, or if we want to simulate something like the Spanish Flu epidemic to thin down the number of sims we have without actively choosing who lives and who dies.

I've never had townies get sick, but I really don't use them much. They're good for challenges, like Apocalypse, where I'm playing only one household (in which case they don't get sick because they aren't invited over if someone is sick). Otherwise, I make my sims befriend other playables by preference. Townies who become friends need to become playables so they live their lives.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#23 Old 15th May 2015 at 2:14 AM
I'm surprised that no one has suggested this plague-busting idea yet:

1) Get any sort of Good Witch (Nice, Good or Infallibly Good) up to Magic Skill 3 or higher; this is the level at which they can cast the Remedis Simae spell, which cures any targeted Sim of any disease.

2) Playing as the witch, fly to the Palace of Neverending Light. Remedis Simae costs 1 Crystallized Moonbeam, 1 Essence of Light and 1 Mystic Dust to cast, so claim one of the spare cauldrons, spend a few Simmy days at the Palace and make about a million-billion of each reagent, pausing only to rest up in the High Witch's Throne of Light whenever your motives get low.

3) Once you have a heaping handful of moonbeams, essence and dust, fly back to town and start blasting sickly Sims with Remedis Simae all willy-nilly. Fly back to the palace and take catnaps in the throne as needed, then come back. Repeat until you run out of pestilent townies.

4) Book your witchy healer a seven-day vacation at Three Lakes, because you've earned it.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th May 2015 at 2:28 AM
I took this as an opportunity to have some fun with my game, instead of a problem that just needed to be fixed. (Don't worry, I still fix it). I set up a household of 3 Sims whose sole role in life is to protect the community from strange and unexpected calamities of any sort... kind of like Kingsman or S.H.I.E.L.D. would do. This elite task force has an infallibly good Warlock (whose "official" job is a wildly successful businessman, allowing him to get the reward to call anyone in the neighborhood, so he can know them and then summon them to the lot for treatment), whose real job it is to make cure potions to relieve Sims who find themselves stricken by vampirism, lycanthropy, or plantsimism, a Mad Scientist who spends her time cooking up Grandma's Comfort Soup by the barrel-full, as well as whipping up medicine from the Science reward centrifuge, and a "Head of the SCIA," just for the hell of it... I needed a Nick Fury type to run things!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 15th May 2015 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I'm surprised that no one has suggested this plague-busting idea yet:

1) Get any sort of Good Witch (Nice, Good or Infallibly Good) up to Magic Skill 3 or higher; this is the level at which they can cast the Remedis Simae spell, which cures any targeted Sim of any disease.

2) Playing as the witch, fly to the Palace of Neverending Light. Remedis Simae costs 1 Crystallized Moonbeam, 1 Essence of Light and 1 Mystic Dust to cast, so claim one of the spare cauldrons, spend a few Simmy days at the Palace and make about a million-billion of each reagent, pausing only to rest up in the High Witch's Throne of Light whenever your motives get low.

3) Once you have a heaping handful of moonbeams, essence and dust, fly back to town and start blasting sickly Sims with Remedis Simae all willy-nilly. Fly back to the palace and take catnaps in the throne as needed, then come back. Repeat until you run out of pestilent townies.

4) Book your witchy healer a seven-day vacation at Three Lakes, because you've earned it.

I'm far too lazy for all of that. I'd rather call on the good Dr Sim manipulator and click heal.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 3