Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8876 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 10:34 PM
That may explain why the Welcome Wagon seemed to be deterministic in my test hood.
Advertisement
Theorist
#8877 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 9:15 PM
Two of my YA sims got sick with a mysterious disease using the biotech station.
This was a first for me. I don't use career rewards much.
I also discover that you can't take the medicine to give it to the sick sim. The sim must be on the lot to use it.
Mad Poster
#8878 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 9:49 PM
Simler actually fixed the biotech station so that the medicine actually works and can be sold in OFB. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, though.
Instructor
#8879 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:24 AM
I discovered (after playing the game off and on for about fourteen years) that a sim can stand naked having an interaction with another sim, then suddenly look down and "discover" they are naked, give an embarrassed little noise, spin around and be dressed. Never saw (or noticed) this before, but saw it twice today.
Scholar
#8880 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 4:12 PM
I discovered that service NPCs can be brought home from work, after teenager Robert Riddle brought home the papergirl. Weird that it's never happened before. Robert and Julie bonded over a shared love of pizza, and if she's lucky he might be her ticket to university.
Forum Resident
#8881 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 6:54 PM
Yeah, I had a sim bring that blonde Downtown DJ home and near enough panicked because I thought he was unsafe. Turns out, he was fine.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#8882 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Simler actually fixed the biotech station so that the medicine actually works and can be sold in OFB. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, though.
I read the description for that mod, but am now totally confused. It's on to its 10th update since November 2017! I am very far from understanding what it does and doesn't do. There are things in there that let Sims can make a deadly virus and then trick other Sims into drinking by pretending it's a medicine. That's even worse than real life!. All I want is for my poorly Sims to be able to go to a chemist's shop run by a kindly old scientist, who can sell them a medicine that will make them healthy, happy and safe. I don't want deadly mysterious diseases released into the community to kill everyone. There's more than enough of that in Real Life just now!

I got my Covid-19 vaccine last week and my mother gets hers tomorrow. So I'm now reasonably hopeful that I can postpone my final fateful meeting with the Grim Reaper, and get to hang out with my Sims for a few years yet.

I would really like a fix for this object, as my young friend Andrew wants to become a mad scientist after university, and, much though he likes to enjoy himself in his youth, I know he'd like to achieve something of value to Simkind as his Life's Work. But please no more deadly viruses and mystery diseases. I think we've had enough of them in the last year to last for a century of Sims' lifetimes.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8883 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 11:11 PM
Making a virus is just what happens when you fail to use it correctly, I believe. Normally it should make medicine.
Mad Poster
#8884 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Making a virus is just what happens when you fail to use it correctly, I believe. Normally it should make medicine.
That was the way the Maxis biotech station was originally meant to work. As I recall, if a Sim with low logic skill tried to make the medicine, they were likely to cause an outbreak of mysterious disease instead.

But, as I read it, Simler has changed that so that any Sim who uses the station, can intentionally give a virus to a sick Sim provided their combined logic and charisma score is greater than their victim's. There's a huge moral difference between accidentally killing somebody through lack of skill, and deliberately murdering somebody who trusts you, by giving them a deadly virus instead of a medicine, when they're already ill. Andrew is appalled that anyone might think him capable of such a dastardly crime. "That's pure evil!" he says. "I don't think there's anyone in all Veronaville who would do such a thing."

I'd prefer it if they just fixed it so that the medicine worked. Personally I wouldn't care if the whole "mysterious disease" thing was modded out. I've had more enough of killer viruses and mysterious illnesses. The Covid-19 death toll in the UK passed 100,000 today. Surely the Grim Reaper can be content with that for a while, and leave our sims alone.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8885 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 1:06 AM
No, that's the logic for determining if a sim giving a virus that was already created to another sim actually succeeds. As far as I'm aware, simler hasn't changed anything about the conditions under which the virus is created, and if your sim does create a virus, there's no reason they have to consume it and give themselves a disease.
Mad Poster
#8886 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 1:18 AM
I probably should post in the mod thread and ask simler90 if it's possible for a moral and skilled Sim to use the biotech station safely for the benefit of the community. I am confused by the 10 updates to the original mod. If it is safe (or can be used safely) then I suppose there's no reason why I shouldn't get it.

Have you tried it yet, kestrellynn?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8887 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:26 AM
I just tried it out for you, and it works exactly the way it says it's supposed to work. Making the virus isn't even possible as a simple failure, it's an intentional interaction that can only be taken when the sim has 9 or 10 logic. It's impossible to make it accidentally, it's impossible to take the virus unless aspiration is low, and it's hard to give other sims the virus unless the sim has high skill levels.
Mad Poster
#8888 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 3:53 AM
Thanks kestrellynn! It sounds as if it is right for me after all. I presume it's non-autonomous. Andrew won't be needing it for a long time as, despite being married, he's to go back to finish school before university. And university, when he does get there, won't be rushed, as he intends to enjoy it to the max. So it will probably be a few real years before he starts in the Science career. Of course as a teen he already has maxed his logic skill -- because he loves playing chess.

But it is of course quite likely that some other Sim will get on far enough in the Science career to qualify for the career reward long before Andrew gets it. (And the Beakers have a Biotech Station in their lab in Strangetown.) So it's good to know I can get the mod and let Sims use the Station.

Thanks again!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8889 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
I don't have to wait for any sim to earn a career reward to make it available in my towns with them unlocked in buy mode because they get placed on community lots instead of only in a home of a sim who'd earned them.I got that inlocked after having issues with sims not being able to keep up with expenses while looking for jobs or trying to start farming.
Mad Poster
#8890 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 11:03 PM
That when a male pixel has an really, really urgent desire to relieve his bladder, and there's no available bathroom, he will use the nearest plant or bush to do so. I had it happen before, but I cracked up when Chester Sherman relieved himself on the potted melon in the living room.

What's really funny is that there was a house full of people and nobody noticed...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#8891 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 11:25 PM
I just like how the sims 2 can have a snack freely in the fridge, as drinking from a brick of milk . I really want this back to the awesome ts3. I didn't know in the sims 2 somebody can suggest to know an other sim.
Top Secret Researcher
#8892 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 2:57 AM
I really want to know what a "brick of milk" is.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#8893 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 6:05 PM
A brick of milk is easily made in the freezer: just get an ice cube tray, pour some milk, and place in a freezer to set. Useful if you want something cold and dairy and standard milk isn't cutting it. Joke aside, I think they meant a 'carton' of milk, at least that's what they're called in the UK

I actually just noticed that you can hand a newborn baby to only those who live in the current household. This means you can't give the child to their grandparents, or aunts/uncles to hold if they live in different households. At least in my experience.

Theorist
#8894 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
A brick of milk is easily made in the freezer: just get an ice cube tray, pour some milk, and place in a freezer to set. Useful if you want something cold and dairy and standard milk isn't cutting it. Joke aside, I think they meant a 'carton' of milk, at least that's what they're called in the UK

Being French, I wasn't surprise by the use of "brick of milk"
I'm with CrystalFlame360 on this one.

Playing university is really fun especially when you send your playables on community lots. I love seeing events happening in the background.
I have aefled's Mission University.
I discovered that the Balcony dorm (9 bedrooms) is way better than the Terrace dorm (6 bedrooms). It's also pricey. It seems that sims don't get bills in the latter.
Instructor
#8895 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 12:25 AM
I discovered there's a read to sleep want. Olive Specter had it. I knew that was a thing sims could do but I'd never seen anybody with that want before in all my years.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8896 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 9:38 AM
So today I found out that you can rotate floor tiles.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8897 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Life1996
So today I found out that you can rotate floor tiles.
If you combine this with the quarter tile cheat, you have a really versatile way of making creative floorings! Like this parquet:

That's just the Maxis oak floorboards, rotated to make a pattern.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8898 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:54 PM
That looks really good, simsample! Makes me wish I had access to that cheat, but I lack Mansion & Garden Stuff

I just realised that sims can contract two illnesses at once. I didn't have that happen to me until last night, and the result was as one would expect. It was lethal.

Alchemist
#8899 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 10:51 PM
@Essa
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I have aefled's Mission University.
I discovered that the Balcony dorm (9 bedrooms) is way better than the Terrace dorm (6 bedrooms). It's also pricey. It seems that sims don't get bills in the latter.

I personally prefer the Terrace dorm. It doesn't have as many facilities as Balcony, of course, but my sims don't tend to get everything laid on anyway. The small dorm also allows me to see everything at once.
I get bills in both, as far as I remember, but I think sometimes dorm bills go glitchy. Glad you're enjoying Balcony dorm!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
#8900 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 4:36 AM
I didn't know penguins could pee on the lawn! Its never happened to me before until now haha
Page 356 of 442