Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:59 PM
ACR Sims 2 - doesn't seem to be working
I'm wondering whether anyone is able to help me please.

I've recently started playing The Sims 2 again and downloaded a ton of cc, however, I downloaded 'ACR Version 2 final' for some drama and unexpected pregnancies in my game, and it doesn't seem to be working properly and I'm unsure as to why?

On pre-made sims it works fine and I get the pop up saying "ACR has been installed", but when I create a family of my own and try to play them, the pregnancy odds go to 18% automatically for example and then down to '0%' pretty much straight away. I have tried to change it manually through the adjuster and save the game, however, it always reverts back pretty much straight away and never goes above '0%'

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it is doing this please and how I can fix it? Really annoying that I can't seem to find what is causing it!

Thanks
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 6th Jan 2021 at 11:48 PM.
@AimeeGEverton, a few questions:
1. When you installed it, did you run the randomizer for the whole hood?
2. For your family that you're having problems with--are they fresh out of CAS? Did you give them tokens? It takes a while for new sims without tokens to get one, so if you didn't run the randomizer after you created them, that could be an issue. (Not likely, if you're getting settings info about them, but mentioning it just in case.)
3. Do you have any aging mods? Depending on the aging mod, it could screw up the pregnancy odds/make it a little wonky.
4. To that end, how old are the sims in question, that have 0% pregnancy odds? Are they YA or older? That could be a sign that you need to edit your ACR controller to work with your aging mod. If you do need to do that, check my siggy--there's a tutorial with pictures linked.

If an aging mod is not the problem, we'll have to do more troubleshooting.

ETA: For clarity, you'd need to edit ACR to work with an aging mod, not the other way around. Also, InTeen is also definitely a reason you might experience issues, and see sims with 0% pregnancy odds. InTeen moves up a sim's fertility window, so without editing ACR, your sim might be seen as infertile when they are in fact still fertile.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 8:36 PM
Do you use Inteen? I'm not sure whether or not it conflicts with ACR, but someone may be able to correct me here.

If not, are you adjusting the settings Hood Wide, or just per sim?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 10:25 PM
InTeen doesn't conflict, but it does shift the pregnancy cycle; because sims can get pregnant earlier, the ACR fertility curve is all off and older sims often will display a 0% pregnancy chance well before they turn elder, when they should be able to conceive.

So yeah, if you have another mod that affects the length of time sims can get pregnant--this can be an aging mod, like if you're using one that adds a lot more days to the adult stage, or InTeen, like CrystalFlame360 mentioned--then you'll need to mod ACR and can do that with the tutorial in my siggy.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 10:55 PM
I don't think InTeen should cause that problem unless it actually changes age stage length. It's not like the game has a counter that keeps track of how many days a sim can get pregnant for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 3:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

I do have an aging mod which is "niceLifespanMod" - do you know of any other aging mods that works with ACR without screwing it up? The sims that I am creating are Adults that have 0% of pregnancy odds.

Couple of questions then please:
1) How do I change the settings for the whole hood and run randomizer?
2) What does running the randomizer do?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 3:28 PM
Running the randomizer just sets everyone's sexual orientation, I'm not sure what PhantomKnight thinks that will help with. Sims automatically get an ACR token, you don't have to manually add it except to NPCs.

Any lifespan mod can be made to work with ACR, you just have to edit ACR to work with it properly. TwoJeffs has his own lifespan mod which doesn't really need editing, but it might not be your style.
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 7th Jan 2021 at 12:03 AM.
@AimeeGEverton, I asked if you ran the randomizer to make sure that the mod was installed and working properly. I wanted to eliminate the chance that you were looking at sims whose tokens hadn't been updated yet. But it seems like that isn't the issue.

As kestrellyn mentioned, any age mod can work with ACR; it's ACR that you have to edit. Without doing so, the mod won't recognize that your sims should be able to get pregnant. Your sims probably could, and should, get pregnant through vanilla/Maxis woohoo, but the risky and ACR chances would be incorrect--and if those chances are at 0%, it's pretty difficult to conceive via ACR. Anyway, this is the same reason that inTeen causes issues with the pregnancy chance. @kestrellyn InTeen does actually cause issues. The game may not have a counter, but ACR does. (ACR has a set number of days when it considers sims fertile.)

Almighty Hat explains it very well but basically, ACR's controller says a sim should get pregnant from days 30-83 (Baby 3 days + Toddler 4 days + Child 8 days + Teen = 15 days = 30 days + YA 24 days and Adult 29 days = 83). Without editing ACR, when you add in InTeen or an aging mod, that range gets moved around. So if you have InTeen, for example, InTeen's controller moves that up a bit to start at about 22/23 days. Again, without editing ACR, its controller is going to keep the same fertility range, or the total number of days that a sim can get pregnant. Meaning that for our InTeen example, ACR will think that a sim's fertility period ends about 7/8 days earlier than it actually does (at about 75/76 days old). Not a huge deal, but sims trying to get pregnant in that last week before aging to elder definitely have a hard time via ACR because their fertility chance is set to zero. And if you have an aging mod, depending on how long the stages are, you might experience difficulty, too. Hat described this--if your sims have a really long lifespan, ACR won't be able to realize that without editing, and sims are often seen as infertile (having a 0% pregnancy chance) when they aren't, because ACR's range is too short.

So, yeah, you have to edit ACR to match the range that your sims can get pregnant. If you have an aging mod that makes the adult and YA stages longer, or if you want to include the teen stage in the fertility curve, you need to update the mod. Hat did make an updated ACR controller, but if your aging mod isn't as long as that, you'll need to make your own. It's not too hard--it's more tedious than anything. Hat has instructions way down the page, in the comments, or if you click the link in my siggy, Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod, there's step by step instructions that I made from Hat's explanation, in case Hat's instructions were hard to follow for someone less familiar with modding/simPE. If you need pictures, let me know (@ me), and I'll make some.

ETA: ACR may not actually include YA in it's fertility window, but you get the idea: Because InTeen adds the ability for teens and YAs to get pregnant, when you use it with ACR, ACR's fertility window becomes too short and starts earlier, so sims later in life have trouble conceiving. ACR needs to be updated to incorporate the extra time sims can be considered fertile.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:08 AM
Granted I didn't make ACR, but as far as I'm aware ACR determines fertility using the total age days of the sim. I don't believe there is any way for ACR, or any other mod, to determine the total number of days a sim has been able to get pregnant. If it were counting that way, then mods like Almighty Hat's where sims reach adulthood long after they should have died by the default age stages would actually have a brief period of fertility at the beginning of adulthood, but they do not.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:13 PM
ACR default setting are not acceptable in 90% cases anyway. So you need to set them by ACR controller for hood and each sim individually before starting playing with them. I usually set pregnancy odds for each sim individually and make them static, so ACR will not mess with my settings.