Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:14 AM
Default In Game Conspiracy Theories
I was wondering if anyone else comes up with wacky 'conspiracy' theories to explain various in game stupidities?

For example... I believe that the Ice Cream Truck is actually a SimNation secret service surveillance unit watching my sims due to the strange activity that always seems to center on them.
(I would love a model replacement that gave it a little satellite dish on top, hee!)

The Scumthorpe Files has various in game conspiracies too... from lizard men to who Tuesday Sears really is.

So tell me, what are your in game conspiracies? When your neurotic sims 'talk about conspiracies', what are they saying?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
(...)

So tell me, what are your in game conspiracies? When your neurotic sims 'talk about conspiracies', what are they saying?
That they've seen their neighbour do something intelligent and that this is a sure sign that the world will come to an end.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:52 AM
The illuminati has made more than a few references in the Sims 3.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 2:00 AM Last edited by Dwinfall : 3rd Feb 2014 at 12:16 AM.
[QUOTE=kidhedera]I was wondering if anyone else comes up with wacky 'conspiracy' theories to explain various in game stupidities?

For example... I believe that the Ice Cream Truck is actually a SimNation secret service surveillance unit watching my sims due to the strange activity that always seems to center on them.
(I would love a model replacement that gave it a little satellite dish on top, hee!) /QUOTE]

So maybe this is how sims always know if thier partner is unfaithful...
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 1:59 PM
My in-game explanation for why cheese, eggs, and steak are all plantable is that there was a plague sweeping through the bovine and chicken populations. The sims who ate products from any infected animals started getting sick. The young and elderly got the worst of it, with some of the worst cases dying after hours of expelling everything from their digestive systems. The real worst cases are never spoken of.
The authorities immediately took action: all the remaining cows and chickens were quarantined and tested. As the last remaints of the plague kill and lose their possible hosts, several facilities send dairy and meat products out to simkind to insure a steady supply of income.
However, as the price of dairy and meat rose to cover the facilities' ongoing costs, horticultural groups bred variants of the Omniplant that were attuned to dairy and meat products. These samples are still in the experimental phase and very fussy, so they're only given out to sims who show remarkable planting skills. The local restaurants are partnered up with them in the hopes of lowering their food costs, so they're the ones who seek out and distribute the samples.

Of course, none of this explains why tofu, an actual plant product, is not plantable. Yes, I have the mod, but it's still bizarre!

The out-of-game explanation is that the store items are too expensive/really should have been made into an expansion pack instead of being sold separately to drum more money out of the fanbase.
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:45 PM
Yes but how do you explain the tofu that populates in my frig every time I buy one (a frig), but I didn't download a mod for that?

I think that the Langamorph light is secretly removing all the patterns from my Sim's lives. Once (before SimBamaCare) Sims had bright patterns on everything, but now someone has devised a device that removes the patterns and spice from sims lives in the mistaken belief that it will make them less prone to insanity. Its become a completely beige existence for them. Wallpaper becomes closer to white, couches loose their pattern. Sheets become pure as the driven snow. Freckles disappear as they might be disturbing to the rest. Sims have disappeared for little more than pee'ing in public. It has to be a conspiracy.

<-- like that?

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Inventor
#7 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 12:44 AM
This is Langomorph in Neon as downloaded and it looses all its pattern. Proof of a conspiracy.
Screenshots

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 5:33 AM
Well, I've always thought the Bridgeport era vamps where the originals vamps, and the SP vamps where really hybrids of them and powerful witches. Until I found out that SP changes Bridgeport's vamps too, I imagined that "true" vampires would be completely appalled by them, viewing them as traitors to their race, and it would lead to turf wars and create a lot of tension. But, alas, this can't happen. oh well.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The illuminati has made more than a few references in the Sims 3.

Where was it referenced?
Alchemist
#10 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Where was it referenced?

The plaque on Vault of Antiquity, I guess?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 7:59 PM
Isnt there a triangular light or something that has to do with the illuminati?

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Site Helper
#12 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 1:34 AM
Now that you mention it... Yes, there's a pyramid shaped light that came in Supernatural and has been quietly invading every lot that I play since then, although since the star-shaped light that was in one of the Store gift sets turned up it's begun having some competition. I'll need to get into my game to find the exact name of the light, though. Unless someone else gets back with the name first.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 2:50 AM
All seeing eye - pyramid style end table in the sims 2 base game.
Siminatti in World Adventures.
Pyramids in Egypt, in contrast to the illuminati.
Illuminated pyramid sculpture, WA DLC in the Sims store. I believe the name is similar, too.
Marking on the vault, in Supernatural.

There are probably more, that's just basic "conspiracy nut" information I'm throwing around.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Site Helper
#14 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 6:06 PM
The WA DLC is called Illuminator of the Illuminati, and is the one I thought came with Supernatural. :blush: (There was a long time when I couldn't install CC because I liked being on patch 1.24. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
#15 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 2:35 AM
I suppose it's been long enough that this isn't a double post...

Supernatural came with a Claw machine, which is highly addictive. Even if you have it at home it never runs out of prizes. One of the prizes you can get is a gnome that attracts ghosts to the lot. (Another prize is a teddy bear...Even when Dexter the Bear is in the game.)

Sounds to me like the source of those prizes is extra-dimensional, and possibly not very friendly.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 12:09 AM
I learn so much reading these forums...(runs for cover in a 60's era shelter).
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:45 AM
I believe that there has always been Supernatural sims but there's a huge cover-up going on and that's why they're confined to one place. The richest families all pitched in to a "SimCity for the Sims" campaign and drove most supernatural creatures out and into the woods, where Moonlight Falls became more populous and not just a literal town of ghosts and old money that refused to move. Some normal families who lived there decided to stay there out of tolerance and acceptance. The hierarchy of the underground vampire clan in Bridgeport, having endured this long, can be attributed to the fact that Bridgeport is generally a higher-crime and high-population area. It's easier to hide in a city that doesn't sleep. Plus, there was just no getting them out. They put their foot down and stayed, retreating underground and into power to the point where the richest elected to demolish their old brownstones and move across the water from the vampires into houses full of light and glass.

The vampires in Supernatural are different from the more "pureblooded" Bridgeport originals, as they have intermingled with normal humans to keep alive.

The ghost hunters that originated in the swamplands of Twinbrook - a slow Southern town with an older populace that is set in their ways - can be to blame for the total lack of supernaturals as you head to the South. They simply drove them out and set up bands of hunters to drive them away. The ghost hunters are literally the only people with that sort of gig going on now, because the vampire, witch, and werewolf hunters are all out of work. The local subculture of tattoos, motorbikes, scrapyards and dive bars is generally made up of these people. Mermaids were allowed to stay in Isla Paradiso because it is situated off-continent and is part of a different country in my headcanon. They are illusive and often taught as myths. Plus, as a resort town, it's easy to blend in with the colourful and quirky tourists and families who decided to set up on their islands.

What we're seeing in the game is that as supernaturals creep closer to normal sim towns, there is nothing there for them until they build it. No infrastructure is in place to help out witches, vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc, so that's why you see them in the homes they've made in their various towns.

And that is my headcanon.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:12 PM
Default Burger Truck
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
I was wondering if anyone else comes up with wacky 'conspiracy' theories to explain various in game stupidities?

(I would love a model replacement that gave it a little satellite dish on top, hee!)

The Scumthorpe Files has various in game conspiracies too... from lizard men to who Tuesday Sears really is.

The Burger Truck In Late Night could also be a spy van ??