Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:00 AM
Default Latest version of the Sims (for SterlingSims)
OK, I'm completely stumped. SterlingSims wants me to tell them the "latest version of the sims" to prove that I'm not a spambot.

I've tried Sims 3, The Sims 3, many of the later EP, SP, and collection pack names... nothing works.

So, what is the "latest version of the sims"?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:05 AM
Would it be 1. 63 perhaps?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:07 AM
Worth a try... Nope. Good idea though.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:24 AM
The Sims 4? lol thats weird though

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:26 AM
Were you registering to suggest that the creator of LaurelHK's favourite pet shop remove the occupied version of the file? I was sorely tempted by that. The latest non-spam post on SterlingSims seems to be from September 2012, so perhaps 1.38?

ETA: Their admin was last active just before 1.38 came out, so 1.36 (or was it 1.35? I think I'd already stopped patching by then) might be worth a try too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
The Sims 4? lol thats weird though
I tried that, too, both with and without the word "The". Nope.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The latest non-spam post on SterlingSims seems to be from September 2012, so perhaps 1.38?
No, that doesn't work either. However, that makes me wonder whether I should try some of the earlier EP names.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:30 AM
Oh dear. I just typed in all the numbers for all expansions and nothing. Maybe they haven't updated the question or something silly.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:33 AM
This is why no-one should ever say they've updated something for the "latest" whatever .

(Unless it's me, I guess... but I was taking the piss a bit)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:37 AM
It's definitely a poor choice of questions. I feel so frustrated that I just can't figure out what they want. I tried the EP names down to Showtime, but nothing worked.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 2:42 AM
Yet somehow, "free dating sites", "wholesale eyewear", and the author of "best clip dance erotic fmp gregorian him klip love music pixar rock sex simpsons tokio hotel" all managed to post. :/

Perhaps you can post as a guest?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:06 AM
Sigh. I guess that I'm not as smart as a spambot.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:24 AM
One of the mods is on the sims 3 forums. You could send her a message maybe?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:25 AM
Who would that be?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:33 AM
I may be wrong, but Hueraisme2? I couldn't message her through Sterling Sims, of course. But she does have an active profile at official forums
Site Helper
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:36 AM
Oh, the official forums. I suppose that I have to register there as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:37 AM
I'm registered. I'll see if I can get a message to her.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 3:46 AM
Thank you. I really appreciate the help.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 4:04 AM Last edited by Nymphetamine : 12th Jan 2014 at 1:37 PM. Reason: update
No problem. I guess it's a waiting game? Unless someone knows how to get in contact with someone faster, or will let you know the answer to the question I'll let you know as soon as she gets back to me.

Edit- So since no one answered me, I went poking a bit. There is a link to Skye's guestbook where she will answer questions, so I pm'd you the link, Mootilda! Hopefully you can get through