Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 6:53 AM
Just got back into simming TS3
First, to state I am not asking any specific technical questions...

Anyway, way back 2011 or so my HDD died, along with my mod folder and saved games. So I just decided to give Sims 3 a break, ... until this Christmas where Steam has Sims 3 on sale. So I guess I am back. Yay! While relearning how to get around the mods and stuff, I realize a lot of my favorite old mods were last updated in 2012. Being it is 2014, I am a little worried.

This time I am not going to be all crazy into modding, but rather enjoying this game casually. Still, one can't simply enjoy Sims 3 enough without some base mods. I checked Awesomemod, I checked some of my slider mods on here, they seem a little old. So I wonder if anyone can bring me up to speed about the Sims 3 modding community? Should I avoid the body slider mods completely or it still works fine? What are the current core mods now (either Awesomemod or trallan's, or something new)? I seems like there are a lot added from EA, like the ability to swim in ocean and this future world expansion. Is the game more stable now? Is there anything I need to know about the game that is not too obvious to tell? Is there any absolutely great mods (as great as the first time body sliders came out on this forum), etc...

Hope someone is kind enough to bring me up to speed.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 9:24 AM
Well, if the mod in question is on this site, it most likely will say in it's description if it is still viable. If not there, check the comments section. It's hard to say generally what the state of a mod is without knowing what specific mod you have, though sliders are usually fine.

As for being more stable now, it is too laugh. Unless one has a mod like Overwatch, Error Trap, and similar ones (all by Twallan) the game will quickly become borked.

As for what mods that are "must haves" check this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Well, if the mod in question is on this site, it most likely will say in it's description if it is still viable. If not there, check the comments section. It's hard to say generally what the state of a mod is without knowing what specific mod you have, though sliders are usually fine.

As for being more stable now, it is too laugh. Unless one has a mod like Overwatch, Error Trap, and similar ones (all by Twallan) the game will quickly become borked.

As for what mods that are "must haves" check this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah I remember those amazing mods as well. I just can't remember what I used. Not sure it's Awesomemod or Overwatch. Thanks. Yeah I am treading very lightly on mods now. The last thing I need is another broken saved game. I have been messing around without any mod for the last 2 days.

Thanks for the link, will dig into it.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.