Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 4:04 AM
/sigh, World Editor, wish it'd get fixed... would be nice
The bane of my very simming existence. I will try to word this as nicely as I can.

Lurking Guru's, are you there? Please add a rebuild routing button in World Editor. It has gotten worse and worse. I would like to be able to place lots in worlds without using CAW. This is why you added World Editor is it not? Well sweetie it's broken, it breaks the routing, adds "holes" and "tears" and brings about the lag apocalypse. It's incredibly discouraging playing and knowing that if I place a lot somewhere I risk destroying the very fabric of the world, yet there are no empty lots. I end up closing the game in disgust and muttering "Why give me something I can't use? Why isn't this fixed?"

Just add the button that's in CAW to World Editor, please and thank you! Or fix the damn editor so it doesn't break routing. It's already been asked for on the official forums. Is that too hard? It's been years

I mean instead of devoting time to churning out more Store Trashâ„¢ or busying yourself on brainstorming dull uninspired ways to withhold new Sims 4 information, can we fix some of these issues?

It'll go a long way towards Goodwill. Not everything has to be about the money. Build some faith in your consumers, because at the moment, I have zero. 0, confidence in your ability to make a working functional game, TS4 to me looks like $60 of broken, flea-ridden software, strewn all over the kitchen floor.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hungryhippo
Not everything has to be about the money.

...and this is why you will never be hired by EA.

Other than that I hope your wish comes true even though I doubt at this stage EA would do something as complicated as adding such big new functionality to the game they will be dumping in about 6 months.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 6:44 PM
I use the world editor very sparingly, which is to say I've all but given up on it. I basically play my towns using only the lots (meaning the lots themselves, not necessarily the buildings on them that I bulldoze quite liberally) that each town comes with preinstalled. I used to try customizing each town to suit my wishes, but it was simply far too frustrating.

And I won't comment on CAW. *twitch twitch*

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:43 AM
I know about the routing issues if new lots are placed through World Editor. But what about lot placed in the water? I presume not many routing issue would arise since it is a much less traveled area (if at all). I plan to build a few floating house, seeing how World Editor would place new lot in water area now. The example would be Bridgeport.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:48 AM
I can tell you straight away what happened to me when I placed two Port lots in Bridgeport: my two test Sims left the port, entered the subway and never left the Underdark again. Sometimes they resurfaced to call a cab but then vanished underground again and were essentially stuck to routing below ground. Test save trashed after 1 hour trying to find suitable spots for ports and 10 minutes of actual play. Second test, same results.
Alchemist
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 12:58 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:52 PM.
I also placed 5 ports and one beach lot (partially in water) in one of my neigborhoods, which came unplayable aka weird routing (also with boats, jet skiis, etc.), lot edge tearing, extreme lagging and so on. I'm so pissed at EA that they gave us this tool but in such state that it does way more harm than good. I don't think that a simple routing fix button would be enough to fix it, since that would unlikely fix the lot tearings.
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:31 PM
Wasn't aware new lots in World Editor could do that. I depend upon that functionality.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:40 PM Last edited by varpunen : 20th May 2014 at 8:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Wasn't aware new lots in World Editor could do that. I depend upon that functionality.

It's only gotten worse. I remember posting this before but there's a good post about this issue by Writin_Reg here: http://159.153.106.21/jforum/posts/list/15/729741.page
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th May 2014 at 7:13 AM
Is it safe to say that ... avoid world editor at all cost? Even not to place down an empty lot and bulldoze it later, because the damage is already done, somewhere deep in the core of the saved game?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#10 Old 20th May 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Is it safe to say that ... avoid world editor at all cost? Even not to place down an empty lot and bulldoze it later, because the damage is already done, somewhere deep in the core of the saved game?

Yes. When you place a lot - empty or not, the damage is done. Bulldozing the lot after that makes no difference.