Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 8:22 AM
Default Buy/Build Mode...What do you think?
We've seen how with one piece of furniture, you can create endless design possibilities in TS3. And how far out the buildings are. But what else do you think will be in Build/Buy mode that possibly will convince you to get the game? Or what do you wand in Build/Buy Mode that's not yet in TS2?

For me, it's time EAxis dabbled with round walls. They included an octagon roof in TS2. What compliments it best is a circular wall. But good luck decorating it.
Oh yes--answering machines. for the busy sim that has no time to answer calls.
I want a hundred or more floor tiles and wallpapers (maybe too much, methinks), so designing buildings will be endlessly diverse.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Or what do you want in Build/Buy Mode that's not yet in TS2?

Different type roads. Cars parked outside of houses. Cars parked on the street. Parking lots.

I've seen several picture of Simville and that game had cars parked on the street.

Hopefully since they've said you can customize everything in Sims 3, I can do this myself, since it doesn't appear that's been done in the game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:26 AM
I really want better roofs tools, the roofs in sims 2 is just not very good - not even if you use a lot of cheats. I would also love to have windows that can be placed in the roof (I don't know the English word)

I would also really love it if we were able to place things under windows like this or out in the space under the roof slope - like beds and low bookcases. It would make the loft space so much more useable.

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:48 AM
Roof windows would indeed be wonderful! And I'd be really happy if we could place flowers and other small objects on window sills without cheats and stuff
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:56 AM
macthekat - I think this is what they calls those windows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylighting#Skylights

That would actually be nice! And maybe that's where burglars may enter into a house (provided burglars make a comeback in TS3)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:12 PM
Yes, away from 90° and 45° angles when making walls and placing furniture and round walls too. It might be as much of an interface problem as a coding problem tho. People most commonly tend to build and decorate on those angles anyways too, so it's also not so big deal. Skylights are cool.

I hope they will make things like building basements easier. Current method is pretty roundabout and has its limitations. Yeah, and better support for split level building in general. In TS2 it tends to get pretty ugly and hard to expand later when you try to force the issue.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#7 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 1:33 AM
Here's meh list:
  • Round walls! Yessss!
  • I want slider colors for wallpapers and carpets, instead of having EA just pick out colors for me. Wouldn't that be nice, just using a color slider to completely personalize your walls and floors? It seems possible.
  • They better include more things for swimming pools in the base game. I love swimming pools (I include them in almost all of my mansions) and I also really liked the new stuff for pools in Seasons. I also hope for swimmable lakes.
  • More stairs! I hate how stairs take up so much space, so I've downloaded a couple of modern stairs with space underneath and spiral staircases that only take up one tile. Wouldn't it be cool if we could get that in the base game as well?
#8 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:17 AM
I want to be able to say where the roads go instead of having to choose pre-made hoods.

I also want to have Bikes.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:24 AM
Yes, pools that can be shaped better like this-

Also different pool levels...one pool was 138ft deep!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neema

I also want to have Bikes.

There are bikes that are animated at MTS2, neema..just if you wanted to know.

..Hmm, I'd like pretty much any changes...anything that convinces me to buy Sims 3.
#11 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:33 AM
Non CC bikes I mean
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:37 AM
Oh okay. x3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Here's meh list:
  • I want slider colors for wallpapers and carpets, instead of having EA just pick out colors for me. Wouldn't that be nice, just using a color slider to completely personalize your walls and floors? It seems possible.
  • More stairs! I hate how stairs take up so much space, so I've downloaded a couple of modern stairs with space underneath and spiral staircases that only take up one tile. Wouldn't it be cool if we could get that in the base game as well?

It's possible they would have sliders for wallpapers and tiles. Wouldn't they have sliders too for furniture in TS3?

And yeah, more stairs would be nice. Modular stairs without cheats. And spiral stairs. I have not heard of spiral stairs since TS1.

TingTong - Kinda depressing how pools aren't multidepth in TS2. In real life, pools usually descend from 1 to 6 feet. And I hope they included fountains in pools. Come on, pools need decorations as well!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 8:54 AM
A much better set of plants in the basegame, I love to make gardens for my sims, but the plants in the games are just really limited.

More stairs is a most! I can't play without a good section of stairs. I think I got 3 times as many stairs as there is in the game it self right now.

Scholar
#15 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:14 PM
I'd love a scooter & motorbike, I know that there are CC ones but they're not the same.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 6:27 PM
Ohh you guys what great ideas!

Going somewhere along the lines of your idea, Allison, I've been hoping for a second layer for walls. So you slider color change the base color (whether it's stucco, wallpaper, whatever), and then you can apply the second wall layer of crown molding or paneling (and slider color select its color as well

Round walls, more plants, and more pool stuff are a must too!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:28 AM
I'm hoping with the "add any pattern in any colour combination to any part of any object" deal they've got goin on, that we'll be able to just add swatches of patterns to a folder to have them show up in game. Not sure if I'm explaining it well, but where you can add cow print or stripes etc to the objects, if you find/make a fabulous pattern you should be able to import a sample to use in your game.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:52 PM
It just hit me: I want sofa beds. That would be perfect for teen rooms, flats, sleepover guest and tiny houses!

#19 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
Yes, pools that can be shaped better like this-

Also different pool levels...one pool was 138ft deep!!

lol... what could be the point to have a 138ft deep pool?

yeah...
the buy and build modes recived some cool updates so it will have some impact on the game sales
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
lol... what could be the point to have a 138ft deep pool?

Maybe you want your sim to drown? :D

-Another idea could be an actual sapling that grows into a huge, sturdy tree in a matter of time.
-The option to build foundations on foundations. Quite useless, but just a thought.
-Sloped driveways. I don't know if this was possible in TS2, though.
-Sofa beds, like macthekat said. Can be useful for a bachelor's pad.
-One painting, infinite painting recolors. No more downloading for custom recolors!
-This might be crazy, but a better security system--in case a witty burglar comes by.
-A clock that sims will really use. Not just for viewing--but this will probably be useless for us.
-Second storey pools. If I remember, you need to use some cheats to make a second-storey pool.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:45 PM
underground basments and garages without cheats
bridges without cheats
clear tiles like the ones at MTS2
split levels

more?

I agree with the skylights 100% and all of the rest.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 10:25 PM
I'd definitely love to see scooters and bikes, also skateboards and tricycles for toddlers and children. Now that we have a completely integrated community, we need more ways to get around aside from walking and driving.

I'd love to see the ability to zone areas according to economics. So we can zone a slums district and a middle-class district and a wealthy district and then certain features and objects would be available based on which district you are in.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I'd love to see the ability to zone areas according to economics. So we can zone a slums district and a middle-class district and a wealthy district and then certain features and objects would be available based on which district you are in.

Sounds a little like SimCity...Which has some features that we might need...like more neighborhood decorations. But I highly doubt it--the premade neighborhood is HEAVILY decorated.

As for lights...More outdoor lighting. Much like the ones you see on the streets, those tall lamp posts.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 6:27 PM
I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but being able to build skylights would be awesome! I also agree with TingTong about different shaped pools.

Something many people have wanted for ages is a washing machine. Now, I can't see the point in making it functional (I don't wanna spend time making sims wash their clothes) but if it was decorative it'd be cool.

A much bigger variety of curtains, in different sizes to fit ALL windows that ship with the game.

I can't really think of much else, besides the things that have already been mentioned earlier.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
I would like for the game to be more flexible in its interpretation of what constitutes a level/floor/whatever. I want to see the light from windows two stories above shine on the objects two floors below. In Sims 2, lights only seem to affect the objects on the same level.

Covered porches and sunrooms. Those would be nice.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Page 1 of 2