Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Custom Content not working???
Ok so i downloaded a ton of custom content for the SIms 3. I installed them all and have them in installed content. I click "Run with custom content" then when i play the sims and go into the neighborhood and try to make a custom item, none are there? Help??
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:11 AM
What are you trying to install? My crystall ball is a bit hazy today and my ouiji board is on the fritz.

How did you install it? Did you use Delphy's installation tool? If so, it should work like a charm on .package files.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
It does on the .package files, but I mean on the houses.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:43 AM
Double click to install. Houses are notorious for not showing up. I end up deleting them from the download folder, the DCBackup, deleting the scriptcache file and then uninstalling with the launcher. I then install them again and hope to God they show up. 2 out of 3 do. It's typical: The sims 2 installer was so awful, tools were invented to install sims2packs. Hopefully someone will come along and make one for sims3packs. :/

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:49 AM
er could u plz tell me how i should go about deleting then reinstalling them lol
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
Please use proper English here. Not chat speak and such.

Find the file in your mydocuments>electronic arts>sims3>downloads folder. Then I try to find the lot in the DCBackup folder. I sort by date. If something doesn't show up, I can immediately go to that folder and find the file by date. I then delete the scriptcache.package file (don't worry, the game regenerates this file). I then fire up the launcher and see if I can delete it with the launcher too.

Then I try to reinstall. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The game stores data in so many places, it seems almost impossible to nuke all the files.

Good luck.