Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What do you think about TS3?
I HATE it!
7 4.29%
I dislike it.
15 9.20%
It's okay, I guess.
25 15.34%
I like it.
47 28.83%
I LOVE it!
59 36.20%
Where are the llamas???
10 6.13%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Test Subject
#101 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:58 PM
I really wish there were some kind of mod to make one's sim go from a post life stage to a pre life stage. Ambrosia just brings the age bar down and life fruit just adds one day.

I heard Awesome mod could do something like that but I didn't see how and I don't think Indie Stone works that way. If anyone knows anything please fill me in. >.>
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
I too am a little bored my kids dont really want to play sims3 they rather play TS2 i guess we got so comfortable and familiar with the expansions that we miss what you could do in TS2 with the Expansions, to me they dont show genuine interaction with one another in TS2 if sims really like each other you knew it if they hated each other the same, they showed affection without your interactions and they had their own ways of showing likes and dislikes. ireally miss the pets and the random visitors,and the courting part when 2 sims really like each other. the mager thing i miss is the facial details where as your TS2 sims looked just like you created them where as in 3 once their in the game their faces look fake and so are some of their actions, also a couple in 3 can go days without interaction until you make them interact where as in 2 they showed affection on their own will. while i stil play 3 and like it i cant wait till some expansions come out. I LOVE TS2
Test Subject
#103 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:00 PM
Also there are so many hacks and dowloads for TS2 that you cant help but love it ,so i guess once things get to rolling with 3 it will all seem worth it, I also hate the way they enter a car and the way they will leave oneanother if out together even if they live in the same household, townies are boring and dont interact as much as in 2 also, i hate that i cant just go into the grocery store with my sims where as in 2 you went with them everywhere except for work and school. there is less emotions in TS3 also need more emotions with jelousy,death,cheating and when dating. also where is the butler? i liked my butler.
Test Subject
#104 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:45 PM
I don't know if this is the proper place to put this, but does anybody know if you can fix up the shoppes and centrral park, etc, like in Sims2? There aren't enough lights and maybe add a bar or dancefloor?
Terrichick
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM Last edited by Sim Simmer : 29th Jul 2009 at 3:01 AM.
Dislike: How there is no body bar, as in The Sims 2, that shows your Sims current body weight.
Test Subject
#106 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:53 AM
I like that the available body types in Sims 3 are more varied and realistic than Sims 2, but, as was the case with Sims 2, I don't really care for the Maxis default faces. I can't get them to look really good (or what I consider good) no matter how much I tweak them. Sims 3 needs a custom face replacement pack like the ones several modders created for Sims 2.

What I don't like: just about everything else. Of course, that will be taken care of in the future by various hacks and mods. I wasn't really knocked out with the basic gameplay in Sims 2 either. It's the modders who make the game fun.

"Religion is sort of like wearing lifts in your shoes. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't ask me to wear your shoes."
Test Subject
#107 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:55 AM
And the thing I like the least about Sims 3 - it's a real pain in the arse to install custom content and get it to work.

"Religion is sort of like wearing lifts in your shoes. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't ask me to wear your shoes."
Test Subject
#108 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Britva
The past week I went back to my Sims 2 and have been happy and relieved with my old neighborhoods. When I want I can switch between families and have unique sims with fashionable clothes! My S3 was just too buggy, last time I tried to make a new sim it crashed on me before I could save her (a chronic problem with my game).

I might not be so frustrated with this version if it wasn't so prone to crashes, especially the kind that hard shut-down my pc!

Could agree more. I've seen more BSODs since installing Sims 3 than I've seen in the past ten years.

Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 8:57 PM
It’s totally the modders who make the Sims fun!! Sims 3... well let’s just say I’ll not be ditching sims2 for it just yet.
I like the seamless neighbourhood but, hate the fact that everything takes sooooo long... perhaps I just desperately need an insimenator to help get me through the boring bits.
Oh TS3 is so dull though, I mean every person looks the same same same no matter what and there is so much that has been substituted simply for a few new perks. TS2 was fantastic so why not take TS2 and just make the neighbourhood seamless and add the new perks to that?
Then there are the bugs... oh the bugs... my puter was built just for the purpose of enjoying a lil sims time but all I’ve done is re-install TS3 and re-boot my puter cause things keep going wrong and I can tell you this... it’s the last time I look on the EA games site for help, I’ll be here with my fave ppl at MTS getting the answers instead!!
TS3 – 6/10
TS2 – 12/10 (with mods etc)
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:43 PM
Default EA patch forced birth control?!?!?!?
so the new patch (1.3) wont let a single person get pregnant. i find that really disturbing!! what if my simmie is single and wants to have a gaggle of kids? who is to say no? i just find it really wierd and peculiar that that would be part of a patch and would love to know if there is anyone else out there that finds it funny.

also. if one of you super amazing creators can make a mod that allows my single simmie to get knocked up i will do cartwheels. you guys are amazing. coming from a chic that hardly understands much of the techie world you all seem genius to me. congrats.

ade
Instructor
#111 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ade09
so the new patch (1.3) wont let a single person get pregnant. i find that really disturbing!! what if my simmie is single and wants to have a gaggle of kids? who is to say no? i just find it really wierd and peculiar that that would be part of a patch and would love to know if there is anyone else out there that finds it funny.

I think you misunderstood what the fix is about. Your playable single Sim still can have as many little critters as she wants. What the patch should fix is that the story progression doesn't assign random fatherless spawns to single Sims from other households.
Test Subject
#112 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:03 PM
lol...i did totally misunderstand it. hahaha. so sorry mr/mrs patch people. i swear i have played every single sims game ever made. i think because i was traveling + no personal computer for over a year, the sims 3 seems sooooo more techie then the others. im silly. but happy. thanks everyone!

ade
Test Subject
#113 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:50 PM
Ever since I got the game, I've been playing it on a daily basis. The thing that pretty much bothers me the most is probably there is only the guitar and no other instrument. I would like a microphone and the ability to sing other than in the shower at the least. I would also like the sims to dance in sync. I haven't found a way to do that yet but I'm not the smartest at anything either. Maybe it's possible to do that and I overlooked something. Maybe it's impossible and a mod is needed to be created to make it possible.
Test Subject
#114 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 11:08 PM
Default Corpse
Quote: Originally posted by icu2richelo
@maryann - have you tried TestingCheatsEnabled True and then adding him to the family? Then he'll most likely be taken away by the Grim Reaper. Or you can get rid of him yourself.

I moved my family out of this beautiful home which I built for them. I'm going to try to tear down the house and rebuild. I love Sims 3 with all it's bugs. Thanks for your suggestion though. I do not know how to use all of the cheats yet.
Scholar
#115 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Geno
Who thought it was a good idea to make families you created go away?! Who could possibly think that losing all those hours of hard work and buildup- for the story you wanted to create in the first place- was smart?! It's simply unfathomable! Even worse, awesomemod came out before the official patch just to turn off story progression, and it does a better job of it. I dearly hope EA learns a few lessons from this.

I assume they imaged "hey if we put annoying bugs on the CD and make downloads for the official game ONLY, we force people to buy the orignal... "

Can one imagine any other realistic scenario? No game creator could possibly be THAT stupid, can they? Noone with a sane mind would be able to think people would like those features. And enjoy not beeing able to turn them off. Those two failures together with the missing turn-story-progression-button-off are very very coincidental. Storyprogression is the only thing stopping those annoying features and "accidentally" that is broke too. This kinda looks like this was done on purpose.

I cannot blame them for wanting to stop piracy. Piracy sucks for creators. But its lame for people who have no internet connection and cannot upgrade.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:41 PM
I have to agree the game has outstanding potential, but I am VERY dissappointed with the objects (or lack of) in the game..... Decor is lacking..... why no hot tub in this game? limited pool options....... limited hairstyles for both male AND females...... there are a lot of great things about this game, but SO MUCH is lacking! The gardening (flowers in specific) are terrible!

Also, don't like that you can't place (or add) empty lots to your neighborhood, you're stuck with what EA put in the game!

I guess I'm only happy with the game and not "in love" with it..... yet....
Test Subject
#117 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 5:11 AM
with all these issues and changes I bet it's all a scheme to buy an expansion called Sims 3: Doing it the right way.

This game does feel a bit rushed, same with the updates. Maybe this game was just released too soon...

I'm still having fun at least.
Test Subject
#118 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 6:29 AM
I hate that burglars are so retarded. If a burglar sets off an alarm they just stand there and panic until the police arrive... why can't it be like the other Sims games where the burglar would continue to raid your house even after the alarm goes off? There's absolutely no thrill or suspense when a burglar arrives on my lot because of this.
Test Subject
#119 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 8:30 AM
In my game the burglar just went into the house and made themself at the home on the couch. I had to shoo them off and call the cops...
Test Subject
#120 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 8:59 AM
I've never had a sims3 burglar, and I've played many many hours. I guess I got the safer Pleasantville and Riverview.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nox920
I've never had a sims3 burglar, and I've played many many hours. I guess I got the safer Pleasantville and Riverview.

Me neither. I do use burglar alarms however. I don't remember if that plays a factor, I thought in The Sims 2 it did, though I could be wrong.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM Last edited by wolfstarz7 : 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:51 AM.
M'kay, well I'll list my pros and cons about S3:

Pros:

CAS Facial Sliders that can be enhanced by mods...
New Facial Expressions that make my sims more realistic...
Seamless neighborhood and new navigation abilities...
Realistic ponds and improved natural environment esthetics...
Ability to find seeds, rock/gems, etc. to sell and/or collect...
Life Fruit (serving as Elixir) and the ability to buy it via a mod...
LTWs, Moodlets and Trait systems are a nice change...
Story Progression once IMPROVED greatly is a great addition...
New social interactions and ability to know what Sims are thinking...
Build UI is much improved and w/further updates will be excellent...
Pattern customization and object recoloring in-game...
Vehicle parking placement and customization...
Kids being able to eat not only leftovers but quick meals as well !

Okay... are you ready for the bad news now ?

Cons:

Story progression causing kids/teens to age up badly since the game does not force them to gain skill points and keep their grades up...

The EAxian idea that all simmers would want to play just ONE family for a long period thus programming the game to possibly bork if many families are played even in rotation...

The insane notion of having families moving out and in to other homes frequently and randomly -- what's the point of creating beautiful homes for sims who are gypsies ?

Generation of new families to fill the empty houses repetitiously... need to allow each simmer to only have the families THEY want in their neighborhood !

No social interactions between kids and toddlers... playing w/the block table together should fill each of their social needs...

Severe dearth of objects: NO diving board/slide, hot tub, piano, pool table -- c'mon this is a base game that cost enough money to at least have these included !

Severe dearth of wall hangings, sculptures, fountains and decor type objects -- again very poor even for a base game !

The animations for physical movements of the sims needs to be vastly improved... it's like we took a step back to S1 -- and while this is supposed to be a prequel to then... we should not have regressed to this awkward stage w/the newer technology !

The sim babies being placed back in a papoose -- c'mon now why not even have the TS2 style baby at least ?

Sims3 was supposed to have improved sim intelligence for all "taking care of baby" actions... it is not any better than TS2 in this regard... so what happened ?

Sims3 sims stand like idiots when they are almost in the RED w/hunger and walk away from the plate of food that's just been prepared -- WHY?

Sims3 shower/bathroom needs took an unnecessary turn to the negative -- they need to take care of these actions sooner as was promised in the S3 promos...

There need to be a LOT more actions/goals these sims can achieve w/their collections of seeds, rocks/gems, etc...

Kids need to be able to skill up in cooking by reading or preparing small meals AND athleticism by swimming/playing catch...

I will list more as time goes on and I too felt like this game was rushed even w/the extra months that were given to "perfecting" the entire game... sure wish that had been the case... : |

Life is not about surviving the storm but rather how to dance in the rain...

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005
Test Subject
#123 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM
I was very happy with TS3 when I first got it but the severe lack of decor and other objects in the base game put me off. Now I find that it looks like we will not be able to add custom (i.e. non-EA) content to the game! After paying $99AUD for the base game, I was less than happy to have to pay another $34AUD just to get the Ultra lounge suite set. And even that set couldn't hold a candle to some of the work created here for TS2.

I predict that, unless EA revises it's no non-EA cc in Sims 3 policy, the game will most likely go down the gurgler. It was the dedication and talent of creators on this, and other Sims sites, that made TS2 so popular and long-lived in the first place!

Sadly, I have gone back to TS2, I liked a lot of the changes in TS3, but the base game as it stands at the moment just doesnt have any appeal for me anymore.
Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:40 PM
I am getting bored of the sims 3 now.
The game itself is a living legend. I love it.
but i am only getting bored, 'cause I play it so much...
I think Im gonna put the game away for a month...
that is the best thing you can ever do,
If you're bored with Thes Sims 2, or even The Sims 3.
P.S.: I love that Game so much.
Scholar
#125 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cool_Sim7
I am getting bored of the sims 3 now.
The game itself is a living legend. I love it.
but i am only getting bored, 'cause I play it so much...
I think Im gonna put the game away for a month...
that is the best thing you can ever do,
If you're bored with Thes Sims 2, or even The Sims 3.
P.S.: I love that Game so much.

I do that too. I've been hooked since Sims 1, but now and then I just feel like going and doing something else for awhile. Then after a few weeks or months I get the bug to go play Sims again.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Page 5 of 21