Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#826 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:57 PM
this is from the dutch preview-

Quote:
While building in your area-you-can drop a type of car for a hot dog tooth or Other reprimand Where food is sold. You just have to put down that parking lot and then there comes naturally a eetstandje.

does this mean that you will be able to sell food from your car? i was very confused by this..

but the preview also said that there will be "banks".. i suppose we can interpret that however we want. at least until we get more information.
Advertisement
Scholar
#827 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:03 PM
I think by food car they mean this kind of thing:

I assume we just create a car park for aesthetics, with a few tables around. So, I guess we're not getting actual food stands like in the Sims 1 in this expansion pack.
Mad Poster
#828 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:10 PM
i think i would actually be okay with that.. it's interesting. but who would be the food vendor?

i think i'd like it if our sims could work at a food car, like that. i'm sure that there are only particular cars that have that option, though. like the big van types. and i can't imagine they'd be drivable as well.
Scholar
#829 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:35 PM
I doubt they'd be drivable. Just a food booth designed to look like a truck. And I'd imagine either an NPC would always work at one, or it would be like the bars in Nightlife, where you could take over for an NPC to earn a small amount of money.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#830 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:30 PM
Do they even have NPCs any more in Sims 3? You'd probably find a potentially-playable townie had been dragooned in to run the thing, like the cashiers.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#831 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Do they even have NPCs any more in Sims 3? You'd probably find a potentially-playable townie had been dragooned in to run the thing, like the cashiers.

Taxi drivers?
Lab Assistant
#832 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:01 PM
Looking at the photo with the butler, I just realized: This is so Gotham City styled! Everything in the game is, and now that we're getting skyscrapers - Bring out the Batmobile, Robin!
Lab Assistant
#833 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

The paparazzi will be NPCs.
#834 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:30 AM Last edited by sharkloverplayer : 28th Aug 2010 at 7:42 AM.
Bouncers will also be npc's.

Oh here is some new info that just came out on late night.
http://www.sims3nieuws.nl/previews/...-night-preview/

Oh and we have to add the ambitions buildings firestation,parlor etc and also our sims can now order tacos.
Forum Resident
#835 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
The actual Dutch used in the article is very ambiguous there and while the Director/Acting career is mentioned, the "Ambitions" career type is mentioned totally separate from it. What I'm trying to say is that this article doesn't give conclusive evidence as to whether the Director/Acting career will be open or a rabbithole as the writer used some pretty ambiguous and confusing sentences there

I think it was mentioned in an article there's going to be an acting studio in Bridgeport. And that your sim sometimes has to play the part right there on the street. I believe it was said that the acting career IS like the Ambitions careers.
Forum Resident
#836 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I think it was mentioned in an article there's going to be an acting studio in Bridgeport. And that your sim sometimes has to play the part right there on the street. I believe it was said that the acting career IS like the Ambitions careers.

It would be like the doctor's career then, not like the fully open ones. The Studio is a rabbit hole.
Theorist
#837 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:26 PM
More rabbit holes, even after they clearly demonstrated in Ambitions that they can give us full, hands-on duty if they really wanted to? I hope, and I hope that you hope, that you are wrong. Look forward to the next early 2011 expansion Sims 3: Animal Friends featuring dogs, cats, horses, snakes, hawks and dolphins. We can raise our beloved animal companions and send them to work... in rabbit holes
#838 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 6:28 PM
Wow I didn't know they played the part on the street. I'm going to have one of my sims be an actress.
Lab Assistant
#839 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 6:37 PM
Um animal freinds? where did you hear that, that would be the next ep?
Theorist
#840 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:02 PM
I was being sarcastic and negative in my irritation, spoofing a fictitious expansion and using it to express my frustration at the anticipation of more rabbit holes in an open neighborhood.

Edit:
And now I realize how off topic that post was. I meant to argue that because Ambitions had opened the door for hands-on jobs that it is now encumbent on EA to continue to make more future careers interactive and less rabbit holes.
Forum Resident
#841 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:43 PM
The argument for rabbit holes versus Ambitions style careers I would have thought is painfully obvious. Have any of you tried to play a family where they are all employed in professions? It's bloody difficult!
Theorist
#842 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 8:01 PM
I like the idea of 1/2 rabbit hole careers, as acid says it's hard to have multiple sims in open careers. Acting really isn't a very interactive career so devoting the time and resources to make a fully active acting career with lots of new animations would be kinda silly.

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#843 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:38 PM
I just do not understand why ea would think that sims 3 players wouldnt want a open resturant or the ability to create our own apts?
Really? I have read through mulitiple forums pertaining to night life and I have yet to come across one that said that they prefer a rabbit hole for a resturant and a shell for a residence.
Theorist
#844 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:32 PM
It doesn't have to be complex. They will read the script in their campers until called on set, where the interactive dropdown list ( similar to the workout list ) will give them the option to downplay their characters, ham it up, ad lib, please or anger the director, etc. When done on set they can either go home or cancel and stay to schmooze with the other cast trying to do what comes with the territory. The results will be realized when entertainment magazines speculate on cast 'chemistry', their outbursts and shenanigens on set, and later when a critic reviews the movie and dissects their character and performance.

yesme88, it does look weak for apartments now because very little has been said of it, and none yet of building. I say wait for them to release their next batch of information.

As for large families all with jobs, that's where the rabbit holes are useful. A little more interaction thrown in would be ideal, not fussing over details but a couple of options.
Instructor
#845 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 5:13 AM
Actually what you said requires some complexity, you are making a large number check ranges.

Its better to just make simple checks that just look at your acting skill and number of performances, after all how many actors get paid by royalties?

Also hands-on jobs would be a second job, it would be a control annoyance after a while as what Ambition did was giving us "opportunities" that are just very basic quests.

Ask yourself ... do you want the entire game be nothing but a stream on "opportunities"? I do not (in fact I ignore them as they are boring annoying quests).

So far TS3 expansions were exercises on what NOT to do, World Adventures shown linking worlds is likely to break things as Ambitions shown "hands on" jobs is like playing like a Chinese Gold Farmer in WoW.
Lab Assistant
#846 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:04 PM
I'm still not clear about restaurants.

Will we have restaurants like in TS2, where your sims can interact with each other inside the restaurant? Or they will remain rabbit holes?
Test Subject
#847 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:06 PM
With the 'banks' thing does that mean that they will have hole in the wall/atms for that late night out when you need a little extra cash, I would love that. I'm actually looking forward to getting this one.
Lab Assistant
#848 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:14 PM
Google Translate translated it wrong, the dutch word 'bank' can mean 'bank', and 'couch, seat, bench'. If you speak dutch, you can clearly see that it was meant 'modular sofas' and not 'banks'
Lab Assistant
#849 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:35 AM
Just give me back my damn hot tub.

I'm looking forward to this. I hope that they have bars and other places to go at night. My sims have nothing to do on the weekends. The parks are pretty much deserted at night.
Test Subject
#850 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:04 AM
I also can't wait for the EP!! It looks crazy! I can't wait to make celebrities! :D
Page 34 of 35