Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Seamless neighbourhood is one thing, and considering a game to be more of a problem rather than a pleasure is another -- with the latter to weight heavier for some people.

Why are you having problems with TS3? Is it because WA was buggy on your computer?

There are a few things I miss from TS2, like private schools and some of the creatures, but the seamless neighbourhood is indispensable to me now.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#127 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:41 AM
WA, in general, was NOT buggy on my computer, only France.
Seamless neighbourhood may be indispensable to you, but this does not mean it has to be the same for everyone else. This is what I tried to tell you in my previous post and give you a different perspective as to why Coltraz has stopped playing.

Personally, I love the seamless neighbourhood, but I don't like the way Sims look and the fact the game became a hybrid, a little of everything. There is still hope though that with future expansions it might become better.
Scholar
#128 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:32 AM
If it is really an Hot Date mixed with Makin' Magic, I don't care about vampires: please just give me witches back. D:
Scholar
#129 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:08 AM
Ah, witches. I'd also really want them back. Them and vampires both. Especially after reading that Buffy The Vampire Slayer thread. I really want to make a Sunnydale in my game now.

I'd also assume they'd add in werewolves and aliens later in upcoming expansion packs. Not sure about what other supernatural creatures. I'd say Bigfoot is out as well as the genie.
Scholar
#130 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM
I'd definately prefer witches over vampires but I'd like TS1 style witches as opposed to TS2 style witches. Though the TS2 cauldron was cool looking. I liked the genie and wouldn't mind having another one. Sparklies don't bother me. Remember the attractiion lightning bolts? And the first kiss hearts and spin? And the pianos?
Alchemist
#131 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
If you miss it so badly why don't you play TS2?

Because. (Click it.)
Top Secret Researcher
#132 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Remember the attractiion lightning bolts? And the first kiss hearts and spin? And the pianos?

I miss the piano and the first kiss cinematics with the little hearts floating in the air.

As for the lightning bolts, I cannot for the life of me understand why they were left out. Before you knew who was attracted to whom and how much, but now it seems it makes no difference at all. It can be anyone as long as there is no trait clash -- although I experimented a little and even in this case it can be done. Stupid EAxis.
#133 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:59 AM
Well I think they should add a casual romance option. Best friends could share kisses and wohoo without falling in love. The casual romance interactions would be under casual romance. This could work for your one night stands in the sims 3. Note they would have to be best friends for the casual romance option to show. Sometimes best friends in real life share kisses because their very close but they never fall in love. I want to see this happen in the sims 3.
Instructor
Original Poster
#134 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:16 AM
It already happen.

Try using Woohooer from NRaas Industries and no jealousy lifetime reward. You can woohoo with any of your bestfriend or romantic interest persons.
Top Secret Researcher
#135 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:16 AM
There was no EAxian casual romance for TS2 --it was TwoJeffs' who created ACR, and Pescado with his Romance mod that made it harder for Sims to fall in love-- and I highly doubt EAxis will start this kind of business now.
And best friends never falling in love? Never say never.
Mad Poster
#136 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Well I think they should add a casual romance option. Best friends could share kisses and wohoo without falling in love. The casual romance interactions would be under casual romance. This could work for your one night stands in the sims 3. Note they would have to be best friends for the casual romance option to show. Sometimes best friends in real life share kisses because their very close but they never fall in love. I want to see this happen in the sims 3.

Well , maybe if the game was developed here in Finland or any of the nordic countries this would be possible as we are not so hung up on the "Woohoo is only for marriage" concept. But the game is made in the US where crazy bible people roam the streets disapproving of anything that's fun or normal.

If they decide to bring back supernatural beings, I hope it's aliens, vampires and witches. Aliens and witches being on the top of the list.

TS2 vampires were a bit dissapointed, which is why I didn't play them, tried a few times but then gave up. Witches I would have wanted to play but didn't have time because TS3 came out. I did play MM last year a bit and that whole conecpt seemed to my more indepth than TS2 witches.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Well , maybe if the game was developed here in Finland or any of the nordic countries this would be possible as we are not so hung up on the "Woohoo is only for marriage" concept. But the game is made in the US where crazy bible people roam the streets disapproving of anything that's fun or normal.

If they decide to bring back supernatural beings, I hope it's aliens, vampires and witches. Aliens and witches being on the top of the list.

TS2 vampires were a bit dissapointed, which is why I didn't play them, tried a few times but then gave up. Witches I would have wanted to play but didn't have time because TS3 came out. I did play MM last year a bit and that whole conecpt seemed to my more indepth than TS2 witches.

Well, what they seem to do is include a new creature with each expansion (from TS2 onwards), so it makes sense that if the expansion really is called 'After Dark' that the creature would be vampires.

I loved werewolves, too. If you gave them a couple of cups of espresso a night they never had to sleep.
Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:52 PM
Forget the vampires and witches. I want aliens! Was basegame in TS2 so made me disappointed when I realised you could no longer be abducted when looking into the telescope

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Alchemist
#139 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_

Two Sims should be able to develop a "fuck buddy" relationship. They should get moodlets saying "Woohoo! A buddy!" that allow them both to find a bed and get to work. It really pissed me off how difficult it was to get 2 Sims who are clearly into each other to woohoo, and I posted about it here, in fact..

I actually was JUST getting into the Sims 2 vamps when TS3 came out. I wasn't all that interested in the supes but the vampires were cool, though I had a few mods that made them look less stupid and behave less stupid.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:12 PM
ever since the game came out, i've been hearing a lot about how hard it is to get sims to be friends/fall in love and whatever else, but it's never really been a problem for me. i can usually make them friends, or at least 'romantic interests' in the same day, and possibly with just stop nonstop interacting. it can be accomplished in a few sim hours with work. i've noticed that the relationship goes up a lot higher after you've discovered traits, too. so you would have to use the corresponding actions. if the sim were a 'green thumb', you would get the option to 'enthuse about gardening'. besides that and talking about other things they like, you can always use the 'silly' interactions which tend to be some of the quicker ones.

as far in falling in love, you just wait until they are friends and then 'confess attraction' or 'first kiss'. if the chemistry is there, i'm sure you won't have a problem. from there, if they think the other sim is being /extremely irresistible/ then they'll woohoo together.
Scholar
#141 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:55 PM
Ani and Coltraz - Uh, let's not forget kids and teens are playing this game.

Maybe the reason that there is no "casual romance" in TS3 is the disturbing global rise in teen pregnancy. The global statistics are that 3 out of every 10 teenage girls becomes pregnant these days. Some have abortions, some don't. Either way, it is not a good situation for a young girl to be in.

A miniscule country like Finland (population 5 1/2 million) has an easier time of it administering sex education and condoms then a large country like the United States (population 309 million and growing). Heck, I live in a city that alone has double the population of Finland, and where teen pregnancy is a big problem. That teen pregnancy is on the rise globally is a problem of serious consideration not only here in the US and in Great Britain (has the highest rate in Western Europe) but in other countries as well.

I'm glad casual sex and FBs (what a revolting term) is not a packaged element in TS3. I think it's cheap and sets a bad example, especially for young females. Think about it, if something goes wrong - Who gets pregnant? Who has to choose between having a baby, aborting, or giving it up for adoption? Who if they have the child usually ends up being the caretaker? Who gives up their freedom with pregnancy and irreversibly changes their life forever? That would usually be the female involved.

It is such a no win situation (especially for girls) that I certainly can't advocate promoting such behavior in a game played by kids.

Sex is good but freedom is better.
Alchemist
#142 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciel Noir
I've thought of doing that, but now I'm used to the seamless neighbourhood I couldn't go back.

Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Seamless neighbourhood is one thing, and considering a game to be more of a problem rather than a pleasure is another -- with the latter to weight heavier for some people.

I'm glad I don't have any TS3 issues because I could never go back to TS2. I tried it recently because my son still has it on his pc and I miss the weather. I was bored within 5 minutes
#143 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:12 PM
I remember when the sims 3 first come out. They could makeout and kiss on the sofa and beds without falling in love and they could wohoo without falling in love on the bed. Patch 1 or 2 fixed that issue. They got wise to it pretty fast. I took advantage of that bug a lot. I had some of my roomates that were living together wohoo and kiss and they never fell in love. They just remained best friends. Heck one of them was engaged to be married to another yet her and her roomate would cuddle on the sofa and have makeout sessions while watching a movie and they'd wohoo quite often. She finally moved out when she got married and only wohooed with her husband.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:22 PM Last edited by rkalanu : 16th Jul 2010 at 3:32 PM.
Actually, if you want to look at the game as a social engineering tool for discouraging teen pregnancy, suzetter, TS2 was a lot more effective. Back in the day virtual parenting was hard work. It was a huge pain in the ass (but quite realistic); stinky bottles didn't magically disappear, you actually had to change and bathe babies and toddlers, and you couldn't potty train them by just clicking on the potty five times and hitting fast forward. Babies puked in your face. Toddlers got into the toilet. And twins were a total nightmare. It was a relief when they finally aged up to kids.

It did teens and preteens some good, to see that small dose of reality about parenting. It let them play out the consequences, and that's a much more effective way to get the message across than preaching at them or dummying down sex and parenting in the game.

TS3 depicts a sterile, lifeless, utterly sanitized version of parenthood. And you can avoid even that; just play another household for a while, and come back when the babies and toddlers age up into kids. I have to say, I actually felt invested in kids I raised in TS2- it was something of an accomplishment to raise a baby up to an adult in that game.
Scholar
#145 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:11 PM Last edited by suzetter : 16th Jul 2010 at 5:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
Actually, if you want to look at the game as a social engineering tool, suzetter, TS2 was a lot more effective. Back in the day virtual parenting was hard work. It was a huge pain in the ass (but quite realistic); stinky bottles didn't magically disappear, you actually had to change and bathe babies and toddlers, and you couldn't potty train them by just clicking on the potty five times and hitting fast forward. Babies puked in your face. Toddlers got into the toilet. And twins were a total nightmare. It was a relief when they finally aged up to kids.

It did teens and preteens some good, to see that small dose of reality about parenting.

TS3, on the other hand, depicts a sterile, lifeless, utterly sanitized version of parenthood. And you can avoid even that; just play another household for a while, and come back when the babies and toddlers age up into kids. I have to say, I actually felt invested in kids I raised in TS2- it was something of an accomplishment to raise a baby up to an adult in that game.

Well, I don't know that I see it as a social engineering tool as much as kids are impressionable and that has to be considered. You don't want to steer then in the wrong direction or give them a false impression of things. And I do agree with you that the parenting aspect of the game should certainly be more challenging.

The hands-off rearing of toddlers/babies in TS3 is sterile and boring and absurd. The babies social bar is filled just by picking them up? Come on! Teaching them to speak, walk and use a potty is voluntary (if you don't they miraculously learn anyway) and they don't even get a bath anymore. WT!? Eeewww! You have to clean up after tykes a lot and yet in game the milk bottles disappear and there are no longer dirty diapers. If there is anything that will make a teen think twice about having a baby --it is a loaded diaper. And you're quite right kids can walk away with the wrong impression of what its like to have a baby. They do need everything done for them and often at inconvenient times (like an hour after you got to sleep). And yes they are tiring but its also rewarding. So I do understand what you mean by feeling invested in the kids you raised in TS2.

I'd like to see baby/toddler baths back in the game as well as drawing for toddlers/kids. It was sweet that you could hang up the toddlers and kids crayon drawings. Toddlers scribble and color all the time and crayons seems more natural than an easel and oil paints for kids. A toddlers/kids chalkboard would be good. I'd also like to see some varied behavior/animations for the toddlers like - pull hair or spit up on Sim when being held (babies and toddlers do that a lot), dig up plants (this happens), climb up on furniture, climb stairs (once they can walk there's no stopping them), and eat something other than mush or food pulverized in the processor (toddlers eat hot dogs, fruit, cereal, etc). New play animations would be nice too.

People say they like TS3 baby/toddler (un)care better because they didn't enjoy taking care of the baby/toddlers --well then they shouldn't have Sim babies rather than EA diluting that aspect of the game for the rest of us.

Though this is veering off topic since the new EP is possibly called After Dark which implies night time when the little ones are sleeping.

But back on topic--wouldn't it be nice if the new EP somehow opened up the theater--if our Sims could see movies or concerts or plays?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#146 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
Hmm, did the TS2 vampires have the mirror problem?
Yes. That's a running gag in my TS2 game, with a character whose schtick was being exceptionally vain, unable to see herself in the mirror.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#147 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Yes. That's a running gag in my TS2 game, with a character whose schtick was being exceptionally vain, unable to see herself in the mirror.

Is there a sim reaction to this? It'd be funny if there was.
Scholar
#148 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Ah, witches. I'd also really want them back. Them and vampires both. Especially after reading that Buffy The Vampire Slayer thread. I really want to make a Sunnydale in my game now.

I really need San Francisco in my game and my Charmed ones back. =\
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:26 PM
A nightlife-esque EP would be amazing, I've always wanted to find a use for the useless warehouse in Riverveiw, turning it into a nightclub would be fun. x3

I don't think EA would make any nightclub rabbit-holes, they've seen the horribly negative reaction to them already and it just plain wouldn't be any fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#150 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
Talking about useless warehouse.. Why is that there

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 6 of 35