Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:20 AM
Default Great addition but no townies in Late Night
I finally got LN installed and working and got to play for a few hours earlier today. Its great, I love the more urban environment and living in the high rises. Going out to clubs would be a lot of fun to except when I try to go to one, there are no other sims apart from sims on the job like bouncers and bar tenders. I also noticed that there are barley any other sims out walking the streets. Im certain my computer is more than ample to run the game well and am not having any performance issues or anything. Is this a common thing? Otherwise, the game is an excellent addition and what Ive been hoping sims lives could be like.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:52 AM
That would disappoint me greatly. A city should have a gangload of sims milling about thither and yonder. Perhaps the Sims 3 engine will warm up and make more townies, or you can begin filling the lots with eight sims each. There are also reports of clubs having no patrons in them except for service sims. Being the only sim in a bar is the antithesis of the purpose of going to a bar. This is why I chose to wait.

I hope things work out for you.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:04 AM
Theoretically at least (based on the previews), clubs have varying degrees of popularity that varies from day to day. Some clubs will be empty while others will be packed.

Not sure how you find out, but I'm guessing the paper?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:13 AM
That's strange, my Bridgeport is chock full of people. Srikandi is right, the popularity will affect how many Sims are at a lot. You can find out what will be a hotspot by reading the paper, gossiping, or simply walking on a lot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:56 AM
For me it doesn't matter whether it's a hotspot or not, usually only one other sim max will stop by at whatever club I'm at and it's usually just the paparazzi (even though none of my sims are famous yet). I'm on a low-end system and I'm in a custom hood so results may vary. My game is not lagging that much though so I don't think my game will crash if at least two or three more sims showed up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:55 AM
thanks! the tip about the newspaper helped. it told me to go to a dive bar and sure enough there were already 4 other sims hangin out in there. through the course of the night no other sims came or left though. but at least it was something and my poor girl isnt all by herself with no one to talk to but the bartender. looking forward to trying it out with a lounge or dance club to see if even more sims will show in the larger clubs.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:54 PM
I would also make sure your actually visiting lot, not just "Go here" to make sure people show up to as thats been a problem I've had with non populated places in the past.
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:29 PM
I'm having this same issue. I'll go to one of the 'hotspots' and nobody will be there, or there will only be like 3 people. How is my vampire/celebrity sim supposed to get her slut on?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:05 PM
Anybody tested the performance theory by turning their settings down and seeing if they get more sims around town?

My computer is the opposite - it thinks it can handle more than it can. Ohh silly Dell, silly overheating graphics card.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 3:41 AM
I totally agree...I was excepting to be a big party everywhere I went. Sadly nothing...and my sim has 4 celebrity stars and nothing.
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:00 AM
Am having the same problem, have a sim that is a 4 star celebrity and everywhere she goes nothing turns up. Haven't tried reading the paper though.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:15 AM
Having the same issue, the most sims I've seen in one lot was 3-4, not including NPC's, and that was rare. Same with the whole town, fairly few sims just wandering around.

Wondering if this is a performance issue or what.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 9:18 AM
Am starting to think it is a bug but I've seen other posts where people aren't having the issue. Tried dumbing down the graphics just to see if it'd help and nothing. But besides that, seems like a really fun expansion so far.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:27 PM
Maybe EA hyped us up?. remember the ghost town in nightlife?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 1:33 PM
I don't think it was hyped up because that video posted from Gamespot, I think it was? Was someone else playing it with Grant directing him round, and even though they were in the dive bar place, it still had quite a few sims around.
Also, on the official forums, some people are reporting LOADS of sims and some aren't getting any so I reckon it's just a typical bug. With any luck Pescado will implement it into awesomemod.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 2:37 PM
YIKES! i will be recieving my copy later today or tomorrow, and i hope this annoying bug wont be party pooping all over my sims late nights fun!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:22 PM
Each club has peak times that vary, so try hitting the clubs during their peaks to get the best crowds.
#18 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:43 PM
Yesterday I went into a bar that had a lot of sims but no bartender on duty. I didn't see a bartender so I clicked on the bar and it said no bartender on duty. Is this a bug?
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:00 PM
I would think (if this is how it works) if you lowered your game settings, the game might think you can't handle that many sims and try not to include that many where ever you go. I on the other hand have my settings nearly maxed out and I get about 8-12 sims where ever my sim goes. I'm actually finding it a little annoying. Not because my system can't handle it, but because I don't like stalker sims. Will probably be fixed once I get it modded again

I've only come across 1 bar that didn't have a bartender, but the bartender showed up the next day I went. I have the issue of no consignment shop owner showing up. I haven't been able to buy from the shop once yet
Instructor
#20 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM
^ Only problem with the settings issue is that all my setting are either on medium or are maxed out. My computer should be able to handle that many sims, as even at parties there are like 10 to 12 sims there. So I'm sure its just an annoying, pain in the ass bug.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:27 AM
I noticed that only when I go to dive bars that are listed as hotspots do i get a few other sims to show up. If I go to a lounge or dance club, no mater if its a hotspot or not, there are still no other sims in the location. I even get the pop up saying that the palce is jumping tonight or that everyone in town must be there. No one.

I did try lowering all my game settings to their lowest value. And still nothing. It didnt help in the least. It doesnt make sense, my computer is practically new and has more than enough oomph to run the game. Im really hoping that EA finds a fix for this or someone makes a hack to ignore game limitations of townies on the lots. I think I remember there being a similar hack for Hot Date way back in the day. Or maybe it was Nightlife.
#22 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:53 AM
I sent my sim in a dance club today at 4pm sim time. The only one there was the bartender and bouncer however at 10pm quite a few sims entered the club and one was a vampire. They all proceded to the dance floor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:06 AM
I know time can matter, but Ill send my girl out right after work at 6pm and shell be there till the club closes at 2 or 4am and not a single non-employee sim will show up the entire night.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:04 AM
i don't think it's because of performance issues..
have u ever seen riot or protest at city hall? or have ur sims ever had any award ceremony at city hall?
i have, and i can see lots of townies there, more than 12 if i'm not mistaken..
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:11 PM
I've noticed that any bar with a velvet rope at the entrance seems to be deserted. If my sim goes to a place without one, like Eugi's, Waylon's Hangout or The Grind, there'll be a few sims there and some more rapidly show up. Just like any community lot. If I go to an exclusive club, there might be, maybe, 1 lone sim hanging out, while a stream of people show up, ask to get in, get denied, and leave. I even tried a test game where I invited the welcome wagon out to the sports bar. That place has two ropes, a no star rope and an exclusive area rope. A lone celebrity was hanging out in the exclusive area, while the outer area was
deserted. All three sims I brought with me immediately asked to get in to the exclusive area, got denied, and left, thanking me for a great time as they went!
Page 1 of 5