Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#101 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:41 PM
I use most of your other script mods and if you succeed with a script mod for fixing the Elevator traffic, then I most likely will use your mod instead of mine. Even though mine is working, I see sims with a thought balloon of the Elevator all the time and my active sims will queue up the Elevator for some odd reason and then it drops from the queue. When I check what the queue is about, nothing will show up. It's very strange. I don't know if it's due to changing the timing of the Elevator use or some strange EA bug that needs to be fixed.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#102 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I use most of your other script mods and if you succeed with a script mod for fixing the Elevator traffic, then I most likely will use your mod instead of mine.
It's just for personal use, i.e. part of a bigger mod for personal use, and right now doesn't really do anything differently than a tuning mod altering the same tunable values. I just prefer doing "tuning modding" with a scripting mod, because scripting mods don't conflict and don't need to override resources.

My game probably isn't the best indicator for that anyway. As I said, my community lots in Bridgeport are mostly deserted. I only see stuck elevator traffic when I try to send active sims with a whole bunch of followers to a lot. In these cases the front door is actually a much tighter bottleneck. Yesterday, my band sims had a gig at Eugi's. I sent them there from the front of the cinemathingy one hour before the gig started and wanted the NPCs (maybe 8 or 10) to go with them. It took them more than two hours to even arrive at the elevator.

Quote:
Even though mine is working, I see sims with a thought balloon of the Elevator all the time and my active sims will queue up the Elevator for some odd reason and then it drops from the queue.
Did you alter kElevatorGiveupTime? You might want to try to increase it.

Quote:
When I check what the queue is about, nothing will show up. It's very strange. I don't know if it's due to changing the timing of the Elevator use or some strange EA bug that needs to be fixed.
I can't say I have ever seen queue stomps at the elevator, unless someone asked the sim in question for an autograph. As far as I am concerned, the one who is responsible for the autograph-queue-stomping, deserves to be poked with the Sharp Stick Of Great Ouchy BTW.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:07 PM
lol...went to edit mine and I was already at a score of 4. Yet, I still don't get townies in clubs. I'm going to try to remove some of my mods, and see how that goes to see if that may be the answer.
Also, I'm not leet game modder, but shouldn't their be a value in the gameplay file that tells, how frequently sims visit a club/how many sims can be in the club/how frequently a club is a hotspot/etc. Can anyone find that for me, I can do my own edits. I just can't find it
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#104 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mswilson2007
Also, I'm not leet game modder, but shouldn't their be a value in the gameplay file that tells, how frequently sims visit a club/how many sims can be in the club/how frequently a club is a hotspot/etc. Can anyone find that for me, I can do my own edits. I just can't find it
The "how may" stuff is in the Venues _XML. Not sure if there is anything about the frequency.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
Hi,

I am having a low cpu rating problem. It's rated one and I want to change it. I have located deviceconfig.log but I can't edit it. Im not too hot with computers so there may be something I'm doing wrong. Also I'm on a mac but if anyone would could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Inventor
#106 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JettBlack
I was just curious if the mummies start wondering around the city at night because the velvet rope settings would make it seem that way. I've never been cursed so perhaps I will try that...or not.

Do townies earn lifetime rewards? Hmm, I never noticed it without using core modifiers.

I think you can have mummies and robots roaming the town. I've not done these things in a long time but if I remember right: If you build a special sarcophagus, it can spawn a mummy as a family member. You can have them move out.

You can build a robot, have them move out.

Now I don't know what can happen next but I suppose they can also move off if story mode is on. Funny thought, tons of mummies & robots roaming around. Thanks for the laugh

And now we've got vampires.. The 3.. wow, what a mess that could be for unchanged sims. I feel a strange inspiration coming on.. lmbo

Quote: Originally posted by Posters
(Lots of good tips and ideas here)

Thanks for all the ideas and such. There's alot of good posts, with lots of information about risks and opportunities. I appreciate that.

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:38 AM Last edited by carepuppy : 27th Feb 2011 at 7:29 PM.
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1596 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 1728 RAM: 8182 Adjusted RAM: 7670 Cores: 4

This is what mine looks like... I built a bar.. no bouncers, and only 1 bar.. and i only get the mixologist and one guest... :S
how can i change it?

EDIT:

I used twalla's mode.. deleted the ropes and now i get lots of sims when my sims go dancing
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 11:08 PM
Default After Tweaking...
After spending about 30 mins on this thread and going through that file ( GraphicsRules.sgr ) I came up with Holy Crap!!! What a difference.

I changed the following lines in my configuration

seti cpuLevelUber 4
seti cpuLevelHigh 4 <==}=- Changed From 3 to 4
seti cpuLevelMedium 4 <==}=- Changed From 2 to 4
seti cpuLevelLow 4 <==}=- Changed From 1 to 4
seti cpuCutoffLow 2500
seti cpuCutoffMed 2900
seti cpuCutoffHigh 3700

setb cpuAMD true
setb cpuIntel false
setb pentium4 false
if (match("${cpu}", "*AuthenticAMD*"))
setb cpuAMD true <==}=- Changed from false to true
seti cpuCutoffLow 2000 <==}=- Changed from 2500
seti cpuCutoffMed 2050 <==}=- Changed from 2900
seti cpuCutoffHigh 2100 <==}=- Changed from 3700

My processor is an AMD 3800+ Dual Core OC'd to 2.1Ghz stable

I then got the following in the log file

=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2104 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2405 RAM: 16384 Adjusted RAM: 15360 Cores: 2

When I first started it looked like this

GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 3 CPU Speed: 2104 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2405 RAM: 16384 Adjusted RAM: 15360 Cores: 2

I am going to play with this file a little bit more and see if I can tweak it a tad and keep at it till I either blow something up or burn it to the ground. Either way it'll force me to tell the wife I need a new system anyways.

But yea tweaking this particular file does seem to make a big difference with the game and how many sims go to specific venues. Which was my entire plight to begin with. Thanx to Twallan for the link here and thanx to all you that have this info posted. You guys all make my day when I can find information like this!!

The only thing that still has be boggled is why does the file have my GPU set as a lvl 5 which it's only a 4870 series GPU? Ah well...

Like I said I'm going to seriously tweak this file out and see what happens.

Cheers!!
Test Subject
#109 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 3:08 AM
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 3 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2400 Threading: 2
Adjusted CPU: 2000 RAM: 3969 Adjusted RAM: 3457 Cores: 1

This is my info. I am on a mac and I tried finding that GraphicsRules.sgr file but no luck. I feel like it would solve my problems! So...any chance anyone knows where that file is on the mac? Or does it have a different name because I tried searching for it on my computer and no results came up.
Inventor
#110 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:15 AM
My favorite part is when I go to a club/bar/whatever and it tells me that the club is popular and hot and full of people and I go in and the only people there (on any levels) are the pianist, the bouncers, the bartenders and one vampire. Seriously?
Field Researcher
#111 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 3:53 AM Last edited by baratron : 21st Mar 2011 at 5:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by x0AnnaMariex3
I am on a mac and I tried finding that GraphicsRules.sgr file but no luck. I feel like it would solve my problems! So...any chance anyone knows where that file is on the mac?

It's in (deep breath):
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Late Night.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin

However, it takes a bit of effort to get into.
1) Open the Applications window in Finder.
2) Scroll down to The Sims™ 3 Late Night.
3) RIGHT-click that Alias and choose Show Original. A new Finder window pops open.
4) Right-click The Sims™ 3 Late Night in the new window and choose Show Package Contents.
5) Then you can click through the folders Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin as usual.

The game is quite laughably suggesting I have a CPU rating of 1. In fact:
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2660 Threading: 2
Adjusted CPU: 2260 RAM: 3964 Adjusted RAM: 3452 Cores: 1

Yup. Because I have MacOS 10.6.6, Sims 3 has decided that there is something weird and unstable about my OS, and has reduced my processor speed by 400 MHz and my RAM by 500 MB! Here's the lines of code that do it:
Code:
if ($osMajorVersion >= 6)
     seti adjustedCPU (($adjustedCPU)-(400))
     seti adjustedMemory (($memory)-(512))

This is fecking stupid, because in other parts of the GraphicsRules.sgr file, there's an $isMac variable. That should be called here! As it is, Macs are being treated as if they are running Vista (Windows version 6.0) or Windows 7 (Windows version 6.1), which both need a lot more memory to function!! Idiots!

For some reason, it's also deciding that I only have a single-core processor. I don't even know why - there's an if ($cpuCount >= 2) part of code that's being ignored completely!

What I'd be interested in would be to see what a typical Windows user sees for this part of DeviceConfig.log:

=== Machine info ===
OS version: MacOS 10.6.6
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 10
OS minor ver: 6
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 0

Thanks .

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Test Subject
#112 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baratron
It's in (deep breath):
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Late Night.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin

However, it takes a bit of effort to get into.
1) Open the Applications window in Finder.
2) Scroll down to The Sims™ 3 Late Night.
3) RIGHT-click that Alias and choose Show Original. A new Finder window pops open.
4) Right-click The Sims™ 3 Late Night in the new window and choose Show Package Contents.
5) Then you can click through the folders Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/Bin as usual.

The game is quite laughably suggesting I have a CPU rating of 1. In fact:
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2660 Threading: 2
Adjusted CPU: 2260 RAM: 3964 Adjusted RAM: 3452 Cores: 1

Yup. Because I have MacOS 10.6.6, Sims 3 has decided that there is something weird and unstable about my OS, and has reduced my processor speed by 400 MHz and my RAM by 500 MB! Here's the lines of code that do it:
Code:
     seti adjustedCPU (($adjustedCPU)-(400))
     seti adjustedMemory (($memory)-(512))

This is fecking stupid, because in other parts of the GraphicsRules.sgr file, there's an $isMac variable. That should be called here! As it is, Macs are being treated as if they are running Vista (Windows version 6.0) or Windows 7 (Windows version 6.1), which both need a lot more memory to function!! Idiots!

For some reason, it's also deciding that I only have a single-core processor. I don't even know why - there's an if ($cpuCount >= 2) part of code that's being ignored completely!

What I'd be interested in would be to see what a typical Windows user sees for this part of DeviceConfig.log:

=== Machine info ===

Thanks .

Thank you so much!! I had actually gotten into the resources folder before but didn't think the file was there so I looked elsewhere. I'm about to try out my game now and see if the changes made a difference.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 6:10 AM
Default You wanted to see it...
Quote: Originally posted by baratron

=== Machine info ===

Thanks .

=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7600
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS is 64Bit: 1

Cheers
Field Researcher
#114 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 10:29 AM
my sunset valley is desolate all my sims either stay home are go to the park.if i send my sim out they usually just go home on they're own which is annoying.bridgeport has all the action.but i don't like playing there is the problem.i feel the other towns were completely neglected.and the focus was put on bridgeport alone.
Theorist
#115 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:42 PM Last edited by tizerist : 1st Apr 2011 at 11:50 PM.
Has any of the people here had success with a custom club in a custom town?

Because, this fix works for me in Bridgeport, but not in my own town.

I altered the .sgr and played in BP, dropped 16 unemployed party animals in, removed most ropes, and the result was fine, lots of sims.
Returned to my own town, deleted the three smaller clubs, leaving one custom Dance club without ropes. Plopped down the 16 sims (bringing population to 106) and despite this club being the hotspot every time, there is an average of 4-5 sims per night.
Returned to BP, plopped down my custom club, only for it to be almost totally ignored until I proceeded to delete the BP clubs, giving the sims no choice but to visit my club. Which they did - I just counted 13 on the lot, which is almost full for a dance club.
However the club is never flagged as a hotspot in BP. And also the notifications "this place is jumping" have disappeared.
Returned to my hood, and the same, solitary club in the town continues to pull 4 people each night.

Has anyone got this working outside of BridgePort?
*I think I just found my answer, in post 156 here
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

So this fix will not work outside Bridgeport or Los Aniegos.

Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
The "how may" stuff is in the Venues _XML. Not sure if there is anything about the frequency.

Where is this located please? And what does it so specifically?
And what type of club allows 20 sims at once?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#116 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 9:06 PM
Hi,

Can someone tell me what I have to do, step by step, to increase the number of Sims in community lots please ? I'm totally lost in this thread :s.

Jim.
Test Subject
#117 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 7:25 AM
I've altered my GraphicsRule.sgr and my game still rates my computer as 1. It's a quad core.
Test Subject
#118 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 3:12 PM
: O!!!!!
Test Subject
#119 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJim07
Hi,

Can someone tell me what I have to do, step by step, to increase the number of Sims in community lots please ? I'm totally lost in this thread :s.

Jim.

1. GraphicsRules.sgr is in c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
2. Make it so that you can open the file with Notepad.
3. Copy and paste GraphicsRules.sgr into "my documents" and paste another copy as a backup for if something goes wrong.
4. Open the first one you pasted and follow Fernweather's instructions in this post and save it once you've edited it.
5. Drag and drop or copy and paste your edited GraphicsRules.sgr from your "my documents" folder to c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the original.

^ I did this and it's worked perfectly. My clubs were completely empty even the hotspots and now my sim is mingling with six celebrities good luck and thanks Fernweather and figgy53 for the great help ^^
Page 5 of 5