Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#326 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rewq92384
This was definitely lesser than the other expansion packs, they are probably focusing on the Pets Expansion.

I disagree, I think this EP adds alot to the game. It's just not always obvious what it adds. It's more subtle than the other EP's. With the others it's more "Now I'm playing WA, Now I'm playing Ambitions etc."

This one integrates itself seamlessly into your Sim's lives, so it's not always obvious what it does.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Simsfan421 : 19th Aug 2011 at 6:57 PM.
Default Warning: Serious Rant!!!
My honest opinion? Its just barely worth the price of a stuff pack, if that much, with how empty/bugged it is. Brutally honest, yes, but I've played all the EP's for this game so far, and they seem to have less and less as we get further away from release of the base game. The problem is there are a few new objects included with Generations, but not NEARLY enough to warrant paying the forty bucks they want for it.

The things they have added are either very lazily done (the Stroller AKA, lets pick the child up out and put the Stroller in our pocket when we need to cross a street), or completely annoying (EG the pillow fights everyone hated so much from TS2 are back with a vengeance). The imaginary friend is cute at first, but then it gets to the point where I want my Sim to just stop, because he seems crazy when talking to/ interacting with his imaginary friend...seriously it gets a little creepy after about a minute, and I ended up setting the amount of days as a child to 2 because its so annoying. Plus, I ran into a glitch where my Sim is stuck in an interaction with the imaginary friend that I simply am not able to cancel...his birthday was over a week ago in game, and he's still stuck.

And once again, the upon installation we find that this new EP is VERY, VERY buggy. Thats three times out of four that Ive had an issue with an EP. The only one so far that worked completely properly (for me anyways) was Ambitions. Late Night was the worst before Generations...but Generations is so buggy for me personally that it makes unpatched late night look 110% playable. A crash here, a bug there. Ive played generations for about a total of an hour without crashing, thats the longest Ive been able to have it on so far. Im sorry for ranting but Im very fed up with the pre-patch quality of the past two EP's.

Rant over...

That aside...I actually dont mind it, I just think that its a bit overpriced for what is right now - a new, buggy right out of the box EP. I like the new interactions (mostly) and the pranks are cool, tree houses are awesome too. I like it a lot, really, when I can actually get it to work. In about a month, thats when this EP will be worth the 40$ they want (after patches).
Scholar
#328 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 8:54 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 17th Jul 2011 at 9:32 AM.
I haven't delved far into the new expansion pack yet and doubt I will. Sim kids are no fun at all at baby and toddler stage imo. The buggy routing and annoying visitors that all want to pick the kid up far outweigh any fun I have.
Sometimes when I tried to pick up a toddler on ground level, the controlled sim walks up the stairs to the first floor with the toddler trying to follow! Then the action gets cancelled of course and then there is not enough room at the bottom of the stairs of course to try to pick the toddler up again. Its simply aggrevating. It takes sometimes a sim hour just to pick up a toddler, it is ridiculous.

One thing that is good about this xpac is the seperate age sliders for each lifestage. So I can put baby and toddler at very short and kid and teen longer :p

EDIT : Totally forgot about sims picking up still sleeping toddlers no matter what time it is or how much sleep the toddler had. Its just as ridiculous as sims that drop the garbage on the ground because a different sim wants to have a chat. These kind of things could be easily avoided by the programmers, I dont understand why the developers made some actions so easily interruptable. And the stupid pillowfight and gift wishes are becoming annoying too. Guess I have to find some new mods again

My impression so far : First expansion pack that I could easily do without.
Test Subject
#329 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BionixWV
Well, solved the Launcher install problem.....I just don't know how it rectified itself. Tried playing with all CC installed......crashed, removed build mode CC, crashed, removed mods, played just fine. Now I gotta fine tune and go through all my mods to see whats screwing it up. Which is 133 files, or 46 MBs. Yay....thank god I live alone so I don;t have to worry about anyone's savegames but my own.

I had this problem myself. The advice I received was helpful. I'm not sure if it was the dust bunnies in my power supply, or Jynx's Rabbit Hole Replacements that I removed, but I now have no problems. See the thread "Frustrated to no end" for details
Top Secret Researcher
#330 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:24 AM
The fact that this is the first Sims expansion to not get a Prima game guide, not even an e-guide, pretty much says all there is to say about this expansion, and also says a lot about the sales of the Sims 3 and the future of the Sims franchise.

Just saying.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:52 AM
Generations is nothing more than what the base game should contain in the first place.
Test Subject
#332 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:58 AM
Default Unhandled page fault
Hi,
I don't know if this counts as a first impression but unfortunately I and a lot of other people (as you can google) get crashes followed by the mysterious message:

Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000007 at address 0x00aeff2b

The numbers vary. I even reinstalled everything and started from zero but I still get those crashes and always the same message. And yes, my computer fulfills all the requirements and I got the latest update.

I'm not willing to give up on all of my packages (which are mostly hair and worked great with just the Sims 3) so in my case this message may be caused by those. As soon as anyone finds out about that let me know...

Other than that they fixed a lot of things that were really annoying. Like I switched off opportunities and memories. And having toddlers is really enjoyable now, whereas before you were always stressed to teach them everything before they grew up. Also love the things kids can do! It's much more fun to play now.

Have fun!
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
Is it possible to have other folders in your Mods/Packages file and it still work correctly? I've always wanted to organize them better, but have also always been afraid to mess with the current set-up.
Why yes it is! Mine is currently set up that way.
Test Subject
#334 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 10:43 AM
The memories keeps annoying me... I'm liking the nurturing trait. Since I've had it though, keep having a bit of conflict with CC but it's no biggy, yet!
Field Researcher
#335 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:20 PM
I really do like it but it would have been much better if it had included Seasons. I wanted memories so back but I prefer TS2 memories for some reason, lol

I also wish sims could celebrate their anniversary...
Field Researcher
#336 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by game90
Generations is nothing more than what the base game should contain in the first place.

Right and I feel like we should not have to pay 40.00 for this. TS3 is getting over us.
Test Subject
#337 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Lover
I really do like it but it would have been much better if it had included Seasons. I wanted memories so back but I prefer TS2 memories for some reason, lol

I also wish sims could celebrate their anniversary...

I agree the anniversary thing. With generations I thought they would have had some sort of "Congratulations for lasting a month married to Agnes Crumplebottom" or something. I don't know.

I loved Generations at first, but it's been conflicting with some of my Mods and now I'm having to go through all my mods to find which one it's messing with. It's kinda frustrating, but I love Sims too much to to just give up.
Sometimes being loyal is painful.
Theorist
#338 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:17 PM
Right and I feel like we should not have to pay 40.00 for this. TS3 is getting over us.

This is why I refuse to buy any EPs until I can get them cheap. I only have a laptop to play on and I cannot load a bunch of software anyhow, but I do want to get Generations (maybe) for Christmas. I will not spend 40 bucks on it (or any more EPs). I spent what, 50 or so when the base game came out and while that might not be a lot of money to some, to me it was like a fortune. I will just wait and use all the cool free stuff.

Thank you to those who share with us.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#339 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:00 PM

I found it for half price on Amazon UK, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. As it is, I'm quite happy with what I got, even though a lot of it should have been in the base-game anyway. Had I paid full-price I would have felt ripped-off.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#340 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 12:15 AM
As many have said, Generations is indeed just all that should've been with the base game. It's merely a stuff pack, as they missed so many points to make the EP and actual EP...
For example, you got a table made out of skateboards, instead of having an actual option to skateboard. For prom, we got two dresses, of which one is mis-categorized as casual wear only.

In overall, there isn't that much new things to *do*, which is a common trend of EA throughout TS3.
Test Subject
#341 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 10:33 AM
First Impression?
Stuff pack with imaginary friends.

But those cute IF are what makes it worth it
Theorist
#342 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 12:39 AM Last edited by HCAC : 4th Oct 2011 at 12:49 PM.
I actually got it cheap from Amazon the other day.

So far I keep saying, okay what is going on here? Saw few new things, a few family type interactions.

I have a huge family and playing them is hard and I can't get a chance to use a lot of the items/interactions without sacrificing game play.

My plan is to move out a few of them then get into the EP, see how it goes.

I would not have been happy to pay 40 dollars for this. Glad I didn't.

Editing a few days later--Absolutely HATE the scold action that comes up when your sims kid plays a prank at home. "Beg for forgiveness??" Ugh. My son would 'never have to' beg for forgiveness...stupid, stupid action...creepy...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#343 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 11:21 PM
Oh, I love Generations! Right off the bat, I made a huge family, two young adults, four elders, a teen, and a kid (Who has now aged up) After watching my teen go on a field trip, and videotaping my kid failing on the water slide, and I love how you can watch it on the TV! Soon enough, all the adults went on a vacation, and my (now teen) kid decided to throw a party! Well, all the guests ended up in the bathroom with some radios, and my teen decided to dance till he dropped. Literally. So that's my house so far Really love it!
Page 14 of 14