Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:23 PM
since we're talking about life stages and all, am i the only one who kind of misses how teens used to get zits in TS2?

I never had university, so i have no idea what to expect. however, the way they've described university in the survey sounds quite fun. still not so sure how i feel about it though. it may be one of the ones i don't get right away and see how everyone else feels about it first.

as for the preteen life stage: yuck. what is one going to do during the preteen years? personally, i find the child life stage pretty boring due to the absurd amount of limitations on the life stage compared to S1 and S2. the teen life stage entertains me for a while, but sometimes i do get bored with it and just age them up quickly. but at least they aren't severely limited. i just cant think of what i would do with a preteen. i feel like this may just be a life stage i skip over and have them age up to teen immediately...
but only time will tell.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:24 PM
Agreeing with TMBrandon because creating another life stage to enter college is wasteful. I do agree with recreating the whole education system, hopefully the education profession, or a new job that can work with the education system. That makes sense. I don't want the other life stages to be left out, more ways to have teens, YAs and Adults start their lives or change the way things are going in their life. Why have University be only in a sub hood when we have a open neighborhood?

If EA fix the travel system and make it part of the total gaming experience, that would be okay. I don't want to play only the sim in college away from the main hood, it will make a hard task to have others get higher learning too. I love the Art, Philosphy, History, and whatever other studies be in campuses connected to the RHs or make new ones. I could use that as a way to occupy my sims in the world. I guess.

I can't wait for more information, I am scared EA will take the lazy way out.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but not every creature is directly linked to the theme of the EP it comes in. Genies, for instance. Or hell, zombies in the first University.

When I was at university, early morning lectures were like Dawn of the Dead - Classroom Edition. You had hungover-zombies, allnighters-to-finish-coursework zombies (I was one of these frequently), still-going-and-still-drunk zombies, need-coffee zombie, and kept-awake-by-noisy-housemates zombies.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
When I was at university, early morning lectures were like Dawn of the Dead - Classroom Edition. You had hungover-zombies, allnighters-to-finish-coursework zombies (I was one of these frequently), still-going-and-still-drunk zombies, need-coffee zombie, and kept-awake-by-noisy-housemates zombies.

Actually, good point, how did I miss that analogy? Hell, I'm still at university.

And in response to QueenJimmyIV, I guess the current zombie craze among people in their late teens and early twenties was just about getting started around the time the first University came out. I remember going to see Shaun of the Dead at the cinema in 2004 and it being a fairly big deal at the time, for instance- in hindsight, zombies in TS2's University do kind of make sense on that level. Still, the links between expansions and creatures aren't always exact, so there are a few different possibilities for creatures in this version.
Theorist
#55 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:59 PM
As I've said before, I never got Uni in TS2. However, if EA does this right in TS3, I'll get it. That being said, I hope EA does the following to make this a really great EP, specially if it may be the last one... I'm thinking it won't be but you never know.

We would need real apartments in the game, specially since they'll need to somehow make dorms functional, they need to make it so we can have apartments. Not all students live in dorms after all.
I'd love to also see EA make it so that whatever my sim majors in or studies, they get offers from companies with medium to large starting salaries on graduation.
Internships with the different companies. If your sim didn't go to college, they get level entry jobs at a lower starting wage and if they go to university to upgrade and not get promotions easily.
Which of course will mean that we'll need more new jobs/careers/professions.
We also need the revamp of the Education career - university/college professors teach at university/community college, high school teachers in high schools, elementary/middle school teachers in elementary/middle schools.
I also think they need to add pre-school to the game where our sims can drop off their babies/toddlers before heading off to work.

That's for starters. Anyone else feel free to add to my list. I'll be sure to add more as the ideas come up.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Inventor
#56 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:35 PM
Personally, I thought preschool should have been part of the daycare career that came with Generations. If I can juggle toddlers and infants in my home, why can't I have them picked up by the daycare instead of some stupid teenager who spends the majority of the evening standing on my front porch while my baby is in the crib starving to death?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Scholar
#57 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:48 AM
I don't know what the new lifestate for University will be, but I still believe that mermaids will appear in a vacation EP. Could be something never had before... maybe they'll have a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hide type lifestate.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:09 AM
Did any of you ever see the leaked Showtime trailer before it was removed from YouTube? I stole a screenshot of the fake box art just before everything vanished. A lot of the sims that were used on the cover were from the different versions of TS3’s Base Game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff. Yet one particular picture struck me at the time: In the top left corner of the box art, there are six sims in the formation of the “pyramid. ” I do not recall ever seeing this render anywhere else.

If you would like to see the picture, let me know.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Mad Poster
#59 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:19 AM
I'd love to see that picture, Mouse!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'd love to see that picture, Mouse!

Sure thing! Let me go register a photo account, and I will hurry back as fast as I can.

-----------------------
One Minute Ninja'd
#61 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:53 AM
If Uni takes place in a new town, I wonder what the town population will consist of. It can't just all be students. There will have to be teachers, staff, service sims, and some other probably YA sims to round out the town.

Actually, I wonder if there could be an opportunity to have a new profession for graduating sims who like the academic life, like college faculty? That could be a nice way to keep a college town running along as a "standalone" world, one that would still be visited by students from elsewhere, but could still keep running on its own if you chose to go that route. Granted, EA doesn't have a mechanism in place for that kind of world integration, but Twallan does .
Field Researcher
#62 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Mouse : 11th Oct 2012 at 3:20 AM.
Okay, the image does not want to show up. Any ideas, folks?

In the meantime, here is the link: http://s1289.photobucket.com/albums...zpsc83e2f42.jpg

Edit:
Haha! Did it!
This is a JPG file that is 218 KB in size, and the little note at the bottom of this editor says that the maximum allowed for a JPG file on this website is 250 KB—so I think I am okay. I hope so. This looks so big!

-----------------------
Inventor
#63 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:00 AM
Did we ever get stand up comedy too? Or was that also flushed down the drain a long time ago? I don't have Showtime installed, so I'm not sure if that was added in that EP or not.

I'm guessing the pyramid was probably supposed to be part of a group circus act sort of thing. In the background, it looks like there might be circus tents.

I'm really hoping that University has as much kick to it as some of the last few EPs. Pets was awesome and I've heard Supernatural is very cool. Seasons looks amazing. I'm really hoping that this isn't some dud of an EP. I hope they pack it to the GILLS with items and gameplay.

I also hope that they bring back roaches as vermin and add mice in there too and that you get sick from the filth because your disgusting roommate can't be arsed to take out the trash or do the dishes while you're slaving away in your entry-level position at The Grease Pit or something. I'd also like to be able to purchase or create comic books and have that maybe a job that you can work at from home. If you're successful enough, some random sim could approach you about selling the rights to make a movie for a large lump sum. Chemistry (turn on's/off's) should definitely make a come-back or at least some new ways to define personalities, especially since favorites do hardly anything.

Here's a paste comment that I made in the old thread:
Quote:
Coffee Shops, Internet cafes, fraternities, sororities, secret societies, video gaming, pranks, Animal House, football teams, degrees, studying, partying, roommates who suck, being poor, picking up free couches from street corners, crappy jobs, ramen noodles, pizza, toga parties, costume parties, National Lampoon, panty raids, group studying, online courses, community college, adults going to college, the Freshman Fifteen, mini fridges, clubs to join (like the Anime Club), nerd conventions, sneaking pets onto campus, basketball games, car washes, various ways of raising money for your club, cheerleading, mascots, poetry readings, skateboarding, hackey sack, political protests, indulgence in social media and entertainment, learning life skills, internships, applying the skills learned during courses post-college, and nostalgia.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Theorist
#64 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:07 AM
In the background of the cover art pyramid it seems to be a giant umbrella and then some sort of rabbithole looking building with stairs, it seems as though they were in a square.
Instructor
#65 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 5:14 AM
No, no stand up comedy, though I think a hint of it remained as you can talk to the audiance and tell jokes.

Still happy to see University. Now, to just wait and see what is in it.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 5:34 AM
Yeah I think it's an umbrella, and maybe a group cheerleader stunt or something? I wonder if they'll add sports. Maybe rabbitholed.
Alchemist
#67 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's like you've never been around the past few years. The first EP to start the leaking trend was, I believe ambitions. Or, at least, that's when we all started to catch wind of the pattern. It's confirmed, hence thread. :D

Oh I didn't mind there being a thread. And as I already said I see the hints. I only took issue with you saying it had been announced when it hadn't; that's all:

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It was announced. All the way at the end. :p
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:11 AM
Personally, I don't see why EA would waste money on a joke only a small percentage of the community (who know of the leak pattern) would believe to be 100% true. It's be a waste. It's more than confirmed.

And why the hint anyway? To something that we've had prior especially.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#69 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:22 AM
It's a question of semantics: University has not yet been officially announced nor has it been confirmed in the true sense of the world. They provided us with a teaser, that's all. In this case I have no doubt that this teaser indeed means they intend to provide us with University features in the game (most likely in an EP), but to avoid confusion among us fans it seems better (to me) to call the hint/teaser for what it is.

Which is not to say that speculation isn't fun and that our imagination can't run wild.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:08 AM
I don't think they would have added the teaser if there wasn't going to be a University expansion pack. Why else would they do it?
Inventor
#71 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:16 AM
I don't know how good a simulation of a RL university the EP is going to be, but this thread mimics it really well.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:36 AM
It would probably be similar to the one for TS2.
Instructor
#73 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM
People are asking for pre-teens? Have they lost their minds?! EA gives a bleeps bleep about toddlers, children and elders. Teens are somewhat neglected this time around as well. Now they want yet another age group who gets to be ignored?! Useless content that adds nothing to game-play. I would rather have them spend some time giving us more interactions. I don't know why they just don't rip-off all the numerous TS2 interactions and add them to the game already. TS3 is very poor when it comes to these. Please no useless pre-teens in my game for the love of plumbob!

I'm actually really looking forward on how they'll implement university in TS3. Since the LN apartments were such a terrible flop I'll hope they'll do a lot better with the introduction of dorms and hopefully revamp the apartments to TS2 style. I don't expect anything OFB related, tbh. That would be just too much. I'm still hoping we'll get 10 EPs this time around so really, there's always a chance they'll make an OFB EP or an OFB/Bon Voyage type mashup EP.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Field Researcher
#74 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
People are asking for pre-teens? Have they lost their minds?! EA gives a bleeps bleep about toddlers, children and elders. Teens are somewhat neglected this time around as well. Now they want yet another age group who gets to be ignored?! Useless content that adds nothing to game-play. I would rather have them spend some time giving us more interactions. I don't know why they just don't rip-off all the numerous TS2 interactions and add them to the game already. TS3 is very poor when it comes to these. Please no useless pre-teens in my game for the love of plumbob!

Yeah, and it would be even worse without Generations. In my opinion, though, the features of Generations should have been part of the base game.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:36 AM
I just watched the LB replay. My stomach is full of butterflies that I felt it explode. You know what seals the deal for me?
When they said they loved FamilyJules7X's The Sims Medley and are putting it in game! *squee*
Page 3 of 95