Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2301 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 2:46 AM
I forgot that the APT needed a piece of CC: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=467348

But it's in the game already, you just wont be able to clone the walls.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2302 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
I'm trying to place the dorm that was featured in a walkthrough in my game. I placed a 50 x 50 lot in my University world, flagged it as a dormitory but I can't place the lot. Does anyone know what I should do? Here's the lot the guru uploaded to the Exchange, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6993459.

I found a way, but it's a bit time-consuming. First, you need to place the dorm in your home world, flag it as a cemetery, for example. Then import to your bin again. Now to the uni world - you'll have to place a brand new 50x50 lot (there's some space near the stadium) and place the aforementioned cemetery and change it back to a dorm. Then also you'll have to place the cooker on the lot, as it will have disappeared. DONE!
Lab Assistant
#2303 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
I'm trying to place the dorm that was featured in a walkthrough in my game. I placed a 50 x 50 lot in my University world, flagged it as a dormitory but I can't place the lot. Does anyone know what I should do? Here's the lot the guru uploaded to the Exchange, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6993459.

Flag the lot not as dormitory, flag it as "I think in English it would be "Visitors allowed" and than you can place the dorm. I had the same problem and could place it.
Lab Assistant
#2304 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 7:37 AM
I usually flag a lot as either No visitors allowed or Visitors allowed and have no issues placing them then. In fact, I had the same issue when I flagged the lot as dormitory for SimGuruBrit's lot but changing it to No Visitors Allowed allowed me to place it successfully.
Mad Poster
#2305 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Hpefully, I can expect pay by then. If you can pay EA for unfinished work, you can certainly slip me a few pennies.

Here's my two cents,

Will gladly pay you the rest next Tuesday for the file today.

Thank you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#2306 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I haven't checked the music list in the options menu, but I think you're right. I've only heard new music for loading Sims University. Not too surprising as Showtime had no new Build / Buy / Map View / CAS music either. Seems to be an aspect the Salt Lake team isn't consistent with although Supernatural had some.

Didn't realize that, because I installed both Late Night and Showtime at the same time. I know this, because I'm familiar with every single Build / Buy / Map View / CAS music, and there's nothing new.
Field Researcher
#2307 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:07 PM Last edited by aGOLDENbox : 9th Mar 2013 at 1:19 PM.
^I, for some reasons, miss building in an empty vacuum space. That and the world loads fast for building. When I only use the base game, loading is 2 seconds. XD

And dorms are a community lot. You have to change the empty lot to a community lot to place it.

I did, I flagged it as a dormitory lot and the only way to do that is to click in the Community options.

Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
I found a way, but it's a bit time-consuming. First, you need to place the dorm in your home world, flag it as a cemetery, for example. Then import to your bin again. Now to the uni world - you'll have to place a brand new 50x50 lot (there's some space near the stadium) and place the aforementioned cemetery and change it back to a dorm. Then also you'll have to place the cooker on the lot, as it will have disappeared. DONE!

Quote: Originally posted by DHNightshadow
Flag the lot not as dormitory, flag it as "I think in English it would be "Visitors allowed" and than you can place the dorm. I had the same problem and could place it.

Quote: Originally posted by chaosme
I usually flag a lot as either No visitors allowed or Visitors allowed and have no issues placing them then. In fact, I had the same issue when I flagged the lot as dormitory for SimGuruBrit's lot but changing it to No Visitors Allowed allowed me to place it successfully.

Thanks guys, I'll try those out.

Edit: I tried chaosme and DHNightshadow's suggestions first and they worked. After I placed the dorm and came back to edit world the lot had automatically changed the label to dormitory. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#2308 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:04 PM
Did anyone notice that there seems to be a congestion problem when several Sims try to enter buildings to attend class?
Instructor
#2309 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovest
The decision to tie some of the new items/interactions to social groups aggravates me.
At this moment I'm looking into learning how to mod so my Sims can play with the soccer ball (football) or table tennis without having to gain social group status while using them.
It's more intrusive than Celebrities in my opinion.

EDIT: And now I know why I don't make mods. xD

Absolutely agree. At least gaining in one group doesn't make you lose pointsin another. My sim is equal jock & rebel due to the football & spray paint.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2310 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Here's my two cents

I can finally afford botox! My lips will be full again! I can look hideous like all the other celebs!

And you're welcome. ^_^

Test Subject
#2311 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:36 PM
Gangnam style
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2312 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 5:49 AM
I love these railings so much. They just do so much for a home, you know? Simple, straight-forward and to the point. Too bad we don't have a railing to match.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2313 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:58 AM
I love these railings so much. They just do so much for a home, you know? Simple, straight-forward and to the point. Too bad we don't have a railing to match.

Oh, but we do! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=372486

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2314 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:58 AM
I'm getting my terms mixed up. I meant the fencing on the porch.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#2315 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:02 AM
Oh! Are the fences new with Uni?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2316 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:05 AM
Yes. They're nice but, like SN, EA doesn't provide a set for the stairs.

Retired
retired moderator
#2317 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:15 AM
Doesn't botox make your face smooth? Isn't collagen injections the lip thing?

Don't ask me... I flunked gay school.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2318 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:50 AM
I don't care what it is, I want that gunk in my body.

Mad Poster
#2319 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:43 PM
Ugh, Matrix. Really?

Thanks for the link Heaven, I haven't seen that before.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#2320 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 2:00 PM
Vending Machines Totally love them XD

Here's a Bowling Alley I made :D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Forum Resident
#2321 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachaelstar713
Did anyone notice that there seems to be a congestion problem when several Sims try to enter buildings to attend class?

Yep. Everyone zerg swarmed the doors to the student union, because it seems that no one is allowed inside until the professor arrives. Of course, she couldn't get in because of the congestion at the door. By the time the lecture started, class had finished and everyone turned on the spot and went home.

Why EAxis couldn't just have sims wait in the lobby is beyond me.
Instructor
#2322 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:23 PM
OK, I caved and got it. But I've gotta say, so far it's been fun. This is probably gonna be my most favorite expansion; I take back what I said about EA inevitably screwing something up in the game. This EP's actually really good!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Field Researcher
#2323 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:08 PM
Why is someone disagreeing with the Gangnam Style gif?

Learn your internet memes.
Mad Poster
#2324 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
Why is someone disagreeing with the Gangnam Style gif?

Learn your internet memes.

Maybe, they, like myself, am from Tumblr, where we are more interested in making the internet adopt rotating, spinning, transparent .gif's and comic sans. WE WILL WIN THIS WAR.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
#2325 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:28 PM
Great. Now I'm hungry. >.>'

I wish I had the money to get this. I've been waiting for those vending machines for sooooo long. I'll have to totally revamp the Japanese themed world I've been pretending to work on for the past year. Needs vending machines everywhere, you know.
Page 93 of 95