Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1526 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 1:47 PM
It seems that some wall signs (Decor Misc 365 and 375) cannot be picked up, cloned or deleted once placed, so be careful with those objects for now.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Theorist
#1527 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE MANNEQUIN HAIR?

I'd guess NO ONE KNOWS.

Are you talking about placing them in buy mode or changing them in-game? I clicked on them in-game and changed the outfit but it didn't give me any choices other than "athletic", "everyday", etc. So I didn't even see a way to select my own outfit from that menu.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1528 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 3:05 PM
I hate the mannequins so much now, If we couldn't change the hair, they should have been bald, like real mannequins.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1529 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 3:39 PM
New screens from Into the Future EP

To test this EP ,I loaded Sunset Valley world and pick up Pauline Wan and Hank Goddard family.....

Pauline with Laser Beat Machine

Transportation

Hover Board

Jet Packs

Plumbots

And some romance after long day.....

Goodnight
Alchemist
#1530 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 3:46 PM
The rooms and furniture look so cold and sterile. On the plus side, the future grass and street look more believable than the present Sunset Valley's.
Lab Assistant
#1531 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:22 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to actually live in Oasis Landing? I'd like to move my sims there, at the moment I've just got them staying indefinitely but I want to be able to move them properly there. (I do have Traveler installed as well btw.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1532 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:23 PM
You just leave them there as long as you want.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1533 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:32 PM
Strange.Why I can't find my active family descendants in Oasis Landing?
Alchemist
#1534 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:47 PM
Living in Oasis Landing isn't the same as living in the main neighborhood. You can't enroll to college or travel while living there. You have to go back to the main neighborhood and then enroll. What a hassle.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#1535 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
You just leave them there as long as you want.

As much as I like that, I'd like them to be able to purchase their own properties and go to work, I don't like relying on money cheats
Mad Poster
#1536 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 5:06 PM
My sims have gotten jobs in the future and purchased properties...no cheats involved.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#1537 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
My sims have gotten jobs in the future and purchased properties...no cheats involved.

Ahh I think I'll have to give it another go on another save then, I didn't get the option to purchase any properties and there were no options to join any careers, but maybe it will come up if I make another save. Also, in Edit Town, loads of the lots have these little flags on them and they cannot be selected at all to be changed to another lot type.
Mad Poster
#1538 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 6:50 PM
Ok, well hopefully it will work for you on the next one!

Meanwhile, Barnacle Bay's Odessa Cross seemingly emerges from the Stargate:

Field Researcher
#1539 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 7:25 PM
What's EA/Maxis' obsession with huge houses in this ep? I normally play households with 1 or 2 Sims (plus a pet if any) but none of these pre-built houses in OL are standard house size. They're all the size of mansions, even those with just 2 bedrooms. They're four(!) stories tall! I hope that when people start building their own futuristic houses, there will be smaller homes for the smaller families.

Also, I tried to add a Sim to my Selfsim's household in OL and it wouldn't let me. It let me do so in townie homes though...

I put in a No Meteor mod too and tested it in game for a few mins. I haven't had a single meteor in those few mins so I think that solved my problem, except when I want to go to the Dystopian world. I'll play tonight and see if anything happens as I can't play it right now.

My selfsim is a fairy, and she used to use the Windsurfer, but she never does anymore for some reason. Also apparently there's a hoverscooter in the family inventory, but I try to take it out and put it somewhere on the lot and it won't let me.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Instructor
#1540 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 9:54 PM
Wasn't at all expecting to like this EP but weirdly I do. Its very different but fun. I am already wanting someone to create a Hunger Games world with the capitol having all the high tech gadgets etc.
Lab Assistant
#1541 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 10:32 PM
I've found a rough solution to my problem in case anyone else was wondering the same thing - using Traveler, I set "treat as vacation" to "false" once my family were visiting Oasis Landings. The game then allowed me to find jobs for them in any of the careers and allowed them to purchase 'additional' homes rather than 'future' homes, which wouldn't work for me when I tried in a new save. The only thing I haven't been able to do is set the home I'm building them on a lot they purchased to their main home, so it still treats the 'base camp' as their home, but I can live with that
Scholar
#1542 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 1:18 AM
i hope you all put your sunglasses on.....boy this makes LunarLakes look mild...

Theorist
#1543 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 3:27 AM
Does anyone else get an abundance of invisible eagles in the dystopia? It's just like the invisible seagulls almost constantly going when living on a houseboat.
Scholar
#1544 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:35 AM
ok now this i am pleased with...it really looks like something a plantsim would do...

collecting dew

Field Researcher
#1545 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:26 AM
D'oh, The meteor mod is out of date and my game doesn't even recognize it. So yeah, I still have meteor problems. My Time Almanac doesn't work anymore either. Nothing happens when I click on it. It happened after I've seen all futures and got that doohickey to change the future whenever I wish.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Lab Assistant
#1546 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:40 AM
So yeah... *scratches head* is this EP worth it? Is it any fun? (to be honest, I've never managed to have fun with any of The Sims' games, aside from a laugh here or there... )
I might get it some day, looks kinda cool but I'm still not sure if it is any good...
Field Researcher
#1547 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:49 AM
Here's some picture from my game
I tried re-creating Servo from The Sims 2 OFB... (Well... close enough )

Exploring the Wasteland

I really love the Holo-Computer :lovestruc

METEOR FALL!!!

Overall, I like this EP

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Lab Assistant
#1548 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:55 AM
@Zekrom, that is actually better than the S2 servo in my opinion. I like it.
Mad Poster
#1549 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 3:40 PM
It took me a bit to figure out, but I think the virtual pets work sorta like pokemon. Sims collect different forms for their pet from other sims.

Field Researcher
#1550 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Freelance Wolf : 27th Oct 2013 at 5:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Right-thgiR
So yeah... *scratches head* is this EP worth it? Is it any fun? (to be honest, I've never managed to have fun with any of The Sims' games, aside from a laugh here or there... )
I might get it some day, looks kinda cool but I'm still not sure if it is any good...

For what it's worth, I thought I wouldn't care much for it at all, and actually wasn't going to get it at launch, but I traded in a bunch of games and found I could pay off most of the price so I preordered it. Anyway, I'm liking it much more than I thought I would. Thought making robots wouldn't be any fun but i was wrong about that. I thought I wouldn't care for the gadgets of the future but they're actually pretty awesome in person.

Just wish I could fix my meteor problem though. Yesterday 2 fires started up at once. I think 2 meteors hit my house at the same time because I saw 2 giant space rocks on the balcony :/
Maybe if someone can make an up-to-date mod for meteors. *hint hint*

Page 62 of 65