Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#1551 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:07 PM
Freelance Wolf, I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at you meteor predicament. As someone who hasn't seen one in years, I'm kinda envious.
Although I can see how it's getting annoying. Good luck with figuring out what's causing it. I'm fairly certain other people have had that problem before, so it might not even be ITF related. Maybe, if you do a search through archived threads that might have dealt with this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1552 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Freelance Wolf, I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at you meteor predicament. As someone who hasn't seen one in years, I'm kinda envious.
Although I can see how it's getting annoying. Good luck with figuring out what's causing it. I'm fairly certain other people have had that problem before, so it might not even be ITF related. Maybe, if you do a search through archived threads that might have dealt with this?

No, it's definitely a bug with ITF. Before this bug occured, and before I got ITF I've only had ONE meteor fall. When I took my selfsim to the Dystopian world and the first meteor fell, I decided to switch it back to the present world, but the meteors kept on occurring, as if the game still thinks I am in the Dystopian world. Another reason why I think it's a bug is because none of the meteors so far have actually damaged any structures, except maybe a lamp or too. No buildings have been destroyed yet, whereas a normal non-ITF meteor would have demolished stuff or killed a townie at least. Yes, to date nobody has actually died yet (or it could be that I am very lucky), and all buildings are still standing. I just hate how it messes up the lawn/backyard of her house and the fires that spring up. I thought maybe she should get the fireproofing household lifetime reward, but that is 30K.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Mad Poster
#1553 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:19 PM
I have heard of meteor problems when outdated mods are installed. It usually turns up after patches.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#1554 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I have heard of meteor problems when outdated mods are installed. It usually turns up after patches.

I read that too, but I didn't have any mods installed when it started happening. It only occurs when I play my selfsim too.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Mad Poster
#1555 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:55 PM
Your sim doesn't happen to be carrying any gems or metals, are they? I am poking around the gameplay file and I see an xml called "MeteorMagnet". It lists metals and stuff.

Code:
<kRockGemMetalToAttract value="Iron, Silver, Gold, Palladium, Plutonium, SpaceRockSmall, Geode, Mercury, Platinum, Copper, Mummitomium, Titanium, Iridium, Supernovium, Compendium, Smithsonite, TungstenCarbide, CarbonSteel, Sunstone, Moonstone">
      <!--Description: [RockGemMetal Enum] The rocks, gems, metals that can be attracted / spawned in the interaction.  Must be same length as kRockGemMetalToAttractChance.-->
    </kRockGemMetalToAttract>

It's not in my 1.55 gameplay file, so it must be new.

EDIT: A tuning file (AttractSpaceObject_MeteorMagnet) also lists some traits: Unstable, Evil, Pyromaniac, StinkySim, Unlucky

Field Researcher
#1556 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 12:19 AM
Your sim doesn't happen to be carrying any gems or metals, are they? I am poking around the gameplay file and I see an xml called "MeteorMagnet". It lists metals and stuff.

Gasp. My selfsim WAS carrying around some metals, so I sold them all for cash and....well, the meteors keep coming : /

Field Researcher
#1557 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 10:17 AM
Not sure it just my game or one of my mod cause it but did anyone notice there's no weather sound at Oasis Landing? The weather sound is fine when at my Homeworld as well as University world...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Lab Assistant
#1558 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 3:16 PM
My sim joined the botbuilding career when she went to Oasis landing. I enjoy all of the nanite and crystal collecting that is necessary to build the trait chips. Building bots is fun, but I stopped filling the sim's wants to sell x number of plumbots, because it's so sad when they stand on the little platform, hang their heads, and wave goodbye.
Gulp.
So now she has to make all her money by selling chips and tuning up bots for tips.
Alchemist
#1559 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 4:23 PM
Question. If you earn your living by creating and selling Plumbots, will it clutter your game by creating more Sims and then you... um, sell them? After you sell them, do they just disappear or they're deleted completely?

This practice is so unwise back in TS2, so I want to know if it's fine in TS3.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#1560 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Question. If you earn your living by creating and selling Plumbots, will it clutter your game by creating more Sims and then you... um, sell them? After you sell them, do they just disappear or they're deleted completely?

This practice is so unwise back in TS2, so I want to know if it's fine in TS3.

The bots show up in your household before you sell them, so I imagine that they must increase the game file size. It does seem that they just disappear once they are sucked down into the platform. I was watching to see whether they would show up on the stands at the emporium, but they haven't yet. Perhaps once the other bots are sold, then the custom-made ones will have their chances at finding new homes...
Field Researcher
#1561 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 5:18 PM
If you sell your Plumbots, they will replace the bot that is already on display in the shop. I don't know if Townies can buy bots on their own though.

Alchemist
#1562 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:17 PM
So you mean if I make 20 Plumbots, I'll add 20 more "Sims" to my game with no way to get rid of them than to use MasterController's annihilate? Way to bloat my saved game, I guess?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#1563 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:45 PM
Why would you think that? They're just replacing the bot already on display when you sell them, I said. You're not adding anymore 'townies' to the world. It'd be the same number as it was before. The old bot is gone, and the one you sold will be on display instead.

Alchemist
#1564 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
Why would you think that? They're just replacing the bot already on display when you sell them, I said. You're not adding anymore 'townies' to the world. It'd be the same number as it was before. The old bot is gone, and the one you sold will be on display instead.

Oh, is that so? Maybe I'll find it clearer when I try it out myself. Thanks!

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#1565 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 8:22 PM
Gasp. My selfsim WAS carrying around some metals, so I sold them all for cash and....well, the meteors keep coming : /

I've sent you a PM, be on the lookout.

In other news, I finally sent in my SG-1 team. According to MasterController, there are some SG-1 doppelgangers on the loose. Their mission is to find the doppelgangers and annihilate them.

(What is not seen is that Teal'C is in possession of a Goa'uld, that is to say...virtual pet.)

The photos probably look weird, because I have shadows turned off. My computer can only handle so much excitement.

Mad Poster
#1566 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 9:25 PM
I have a questin. After you install and start your save and get the time traveller crashing to your lot. And you change households. Will emmet crash to the yard of this household too?
Mad Poster
#1567 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:18 AM
This gave me a chuckle. Allons-y (10th Doctor) Dawl (Dahl, a reference to Roald Dahl Plass in Cardiff, which was a huge part of Ten's run).

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#1568 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 2:29 AM
I've sent you a PM, be on the lookout.

OK I tried it out and it still didn't show up in the list when I started the game, but I decided to just go in anyway and see what happens.

*Several days later in game*

OMG, you are a genius!! I've not had a single meteor since I put it in. Thank you much!! I presume this also stops meteors if I ever go to Dystopia too? That's fine for me. Now I am meteor free!!!

Mad Poster
#1569 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 4:01 AM
Oh, good! The answer to your question is, "Yeah, probably." Of course, you can always take it out if you want to live on the wild side.

Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I have a questin. After you install and start your save and get the time traveller crashing to your lot. And you change households. Will emmet crash to the yard of this household too?

I switched households and waited for a while. He never did show up, but I could still buy a portal for 750 from the misc vehicles section.

Mad Poster
#1570 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 6:39 AM
I switched households and waited for a while. He never did show up, but I could still buy a portal for 750 from the misc vehicles section.

This is good to know it's just this one time. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#1571 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 7:03 AM
If you sell your Plumbots, they will replace the bot that is already on display in the shop. I don't know if Townies can buy bots on their own though.

My bot is on the stand (left side) for a second, then the displayed bot (right side) rolls to some other random bot, not even the one that was there before.
Lab Assistant
#1572 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 11:55 AM
I have finally discovered how to make a permanent and complete move to Oasis Landings, so I can now finally conclude that it really is one of my favourite EPs, ever. Considering I wasn't even going to bother buying it, I'm so glad I did!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1573 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:50 PM
There wasn't much to figure out. You just go there.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1574 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:58 PM
Are you supposed to lose your Oasis Landing job when you go back home, or is that a bug?
Instructor
#1575 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
Are you supposed to lose your Oasis Landing job when you go back home, or is that a bug?

I've been confused about this also. It seems as though you can have 2 jobs; one in the homeworld and the other in OL. I haven't tested it myself yet though.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Page 63 of 65