Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
dodgy builder
#3001 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:03 PM
I can see how working with the store can be hard. Just pouring out so much content, not being able to do it as well as you like and then receiving so much pun after it' finished. No wonder they would rather do something else.
Advertisement
Theorist
#3002 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 5:32 PM
I think it's gonna be hard to make a Venice town with the new boat. The lot / venue will probably have a canal with a boat on it, but canals will need to be longer than 1 lot. You can make canals in CAW, but seeing as these canals are not on a lot, will you be able to get the boat to work with them?
It's gonna be tricky I reckon. But it should give us extra options of some sort.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Space Pony
#3003 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM
With all of the confusion about this Venice Set, I am hoping that EA will release a world that incorporates the Venetian canals into its design. Otherwise as many have voiced out, it would be rather difficult to incorporate its pieces onto any current world available out there.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3004 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
With all of the confusion about this Venice Set, I am hoping that EA will release a world that incorporates the Venetian canals into its design. Otherwise as many have voiced out, it would be rather difficult to incorporate its pieces onto any current world available out there.

It will probably be a 64X64 lot you can plop anywhere there is an open large lot in any world, and it will be like a Disney themed Venetian entertainment lot. And the gondola will probably "sail" on some predefined, water looking track, similar to the tractor from the farm lot. There will be some fake Venetian deco objects to make you "feel" like you're there. I just hope whatever big structure they put on the lot can keep the rain out this time, unlike the big, useless, empty tent from the carousel collection "venue".

And remember when that carousel lot was being promoted, how it was the best and most intricate work the Store ever offered? I guess marketing is recycling the copy for this set.
Field Researcher
#3005 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 11:29 PM
Well, if nothing else, I'm sure someone can take the mesh and use it for a IP boat. Then it'd just be a case of building the canals and lining up the lots and moorings correctly.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3006 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nylaba
Well, if nothing else, I'm sure someone can take the mesh and use it for a IP boat. Then it'd just be a case of building the canals and lining up the lots and moorings correctly.
That's a lot of things to subsume under the tiny word "just"
Field Researcher
#3007 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:53 PM
True, but I find that more likely/doable than rejigging a store set that more than likely won't have any inter-lot connectability. (Doable, meaning I could probably build something, it may not be right or pretty, but it should work about 50% of the time. )
Alchemist
#3008 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:32 PM
Does anybody have the Old Mill set but not the Bakery set? Because according to a post at MATY, you can't have a jam and toast if you don't have both sets to be installed... Can anybody confirm this?

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#3009 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:31 PM
I have both but uninstalled the bakery and deleted caches to check, and it worked fine for me. Maybe there's something related to the bakery still lurking in my game (that I don't discount), or maybe it's something weird that other people get?
Field Researcher
#3010 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Does anybody have the Old Mill set but not the Bakery set? Because according to a post at MATY, you can't have a jam and toast if you don't have both sets to be installed... Can anybody confirm this?

Yup, I will confirm this is true. I got the mill set off the daily deal the other day (still waiting for the bakery) and haven't touched it yet. I just went in game to check, made some raspberry jam and the only option that comes up is 'Eat with scones'.
Alchemist
#3011 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darthesp
Yup, I will confirm this is true. I got the mill set off the daily deal the other day (still waiting for the bakery) and haven't touched it yet. I just went in game to check, made some raspberry jam and the only option that comes up is 'Eat with scones'.

Alright. I'm facepalming right now... Why do they think it's a good idea for the option to require that unrelated set??

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#3012 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:17 PM
Alright. I'm facepalming right now... Why do they think it's a good idea for the option to require that unrelated set??

Because you now ...... Money ?
Field Researcher
#3013 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 7:37 PM

What, you seriously think they would test this stuff with all possible combinations before they set it for sale?

(That's just another reason to despise the store stuff; they make so much of it that proper testing with all configurations is impossible. )

Or did EA really think that only bakers can make toast?
Forum Resident
#3014 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:04 PM
*wants a Toaster now* :o

But seriously, if you can pull a slice of bread with jelly out of the fridge, why can't we have a Toaster appliance for the kitchen, you know - for those who DON'T want to have a whole Bakery Station. XD
dodgy builder
#3015 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 11:56 PM

Should there be more options? Una had scones with jam, I didn't have any toast option. I had both sets installed, but someone ran off with all the coding at some point and suddenly she had nothing but routing issues. She couldn't get to the fridge even.
Mad Poster
#3016 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:16 AM
I wanted more normal stuff as well. I rarely use the double oven from the store in a house because it has a fridge attached to it, which clashed with everything. It also forces all meals on the players.

Lobster is not a quick meal.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#3017 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:09 AM
What, you seriously think they would test this stuff with all possible combinations before they set it for sale?

(That's just another reason to despise the store stuff; they make so much of it that proper testing with all configurations is impossible. )

Or did EA really think that only bakers can make toast?

Test? No. They deliberately added that conditional check in the game codes. It doesn't require you to test your game if you deliberately put the lines of code there.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Should there be more options? Una had scones with jam, I didn't have any toast option. I had both sets installed, but someone ran off with all the coding at some point and suddenly she had nothing but routing issues. She couldn't get to the fridge even.

I saw the "eat with toast" interaction in Weealbet's youtube review.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#3018 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:49 PM
Test? No. They deliberately added that conditional check in the game codes. It doesn't require you to test your game if you deliberately put the lines of code there.

Ah. I didn't realize it was coded that way. Okay, then that's just dumb and petty. It's not like I'm going to buy the bakery just so my sims can have toast.
Test Subject
#3019 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:26 AM
Default ajuda
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Corn Stalk Fix v2.0

This is a temporary fix, and will conflict with any mod that override the Plants.xml or Ingredients.xml.

PS: If the old version is working for you, keep it.

Eu baixei mas so aparece uma caixa branca, sem nem uma opição nao consigo a planta milho vc pode me ajudar?
Scholar
#3020 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:02 AM
This August set look really gorgeous..I might take it
Theorist
#3021 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:36 AM
I have no intention of buying this new set, I never buy anything from the store, but I thought I'd help you guys out since there is lack of recent sneak peaks in here...

Forum Resident
#3022 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:11 AM
That's.... huge. I don't know whether to be dismayed or exci- hey, are those parts modular? Hmmmm.......
Scholar
#3023 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by janepinhal
Eu baixei mas so aparece uma caixa branca, sem nem uma opição nao consigo a planta milho vc pode me ajudar?

Can you please use English?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3024 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:04 AM
Hello everyone, long time no posting.

Well, SimGuruCopeland posted to Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimGuruCopeland...430255179984896
Alan Copeland
‏@SimGuruCopeland
Yeah... it's THAT pretty. @SimGuruTatertot

Looks like a huge lot. I need to incorporate it in the Seasonal Festival somehow.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#3025 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:45 AM
That lot looks so crowded.
Page 121 of 124