Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Where do I put this Downloaded world?
So I downloaded a world. Not through the exchange and I'm not sure how to get it into the game any advice?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:40 PM
It's a sims3pack (or it should be - if it's anything else, it's not gonna work), so you install it just like you would any sims3pack. Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:48 PM
Ok thank you will this work with custom content as well like houses and sims?
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:58 PM
Yup. What matters is the file type - all .sims3packs get installed the same way, all .packages get installed the same way, all .sim files get installed the same way (except perhaps in really weird cases, but those will say quite clearly what should be done differently). Worlds should always, ALWAYS be .sims3packs, though some things (like sims, patterns, makeup, objects, etc.) can be package or sims3pack and some creators provide the same stuff in package or sims3pack so you can choose which you prefer.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 3:40 PM
its not showing up as any packs? Im trying to download redcliffs
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 3:47 PM
It'll probably a rar, zip, or 7z file to begin with. You'll have to extract it. That's covered on the page I linked ya to.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 3:53 PM
Yes I did but it still wasn't a sim pack.
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:06 PM
The contents of the rar, zip, or 7z should be a sims3pack... And I just downloaded Redcliffs to check, and it is indeed a .sims3pack inside a .rar. Maybe you downloaded the wrong file.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:10 PM
I must have lol I'll go try again it's just when I do it even the symbol is wrong its the internet explorer symbol lol weird.
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:14 PM
Symbol is irrelevant - file type is all that matters as far as actually working goes... Though if it does have the wrong symbol it may mean you don't have a program to open it installed yet... There's stuff about the programs you can use on that CC Basics page.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:16 PM
I put it in my downloads folder it didn't say simpacks thought and I extracted it this what I did I sent it to a compressed folder (or a zipper folder), then I extracted it to the sims, and then I moved it into downloads but it's still a rar??
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:31 PM
Right-click on the rar. If you've got 7-zip properly installed, it should show up when you right-click on the rar file and then you can choose "Extract here" and you'll get a sims3pack alongside the rar file. Then you can delete the rar, stick the sims3pack into My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, run the launcher and install it to your game... And then it should show up when you go to play.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:36 PM
Thank you so much I had to download a zip extractor and it all worked perfectly you are a life savor! Im so new to this and you made the experience totally easy!
Locked thread