Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 10:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Major problem
So. I had this perfect, sparkly, barfing rainbows town where I had a lot of families made by me and things. Mostly were made for a story that I'm trying to follow, BUT after I created a family out of a "joke", well, I decided it wasn't fitting that town so I wanted to move it to Bridgeport. When it asked me to save, I saved it under Bridgeport name and yet it overwrote Sunlit Tides... So I had my old Sunlit Tides overwritten by Bridgeport somehow. I tried to move the family out and go back to Sunlit Tides but that was a major stupid thing to do... The idea is that I kind of ... lost the characters I had, isn't it? o.o
Is there any chance to go back to what I had in Sunlit Tides? Because when I sent those two back to it, well, guess what, empty... (Obviously). Plus, it was the only saved data I had WHICH, APPARENTLY got overwritten... :/ Now what do I do?
Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizZyDiceS
So. I had this perfect, sparkly, barfing rainbows town where I had a lot of families made by me and things. Mostly were made for a story that I'm trying to follow, BUT after I created a family out of a "joke", well, I decided it wasn't fitting that town so I wanted to move it to Bridgeport. When it asked me to save, I saved it under Bridgeport name and yet it overwrote Sunlit Tides... So I had my old Sunlit Tides overwritten by Bridgeport somehow. I tried to move the family out and go back to Sunlit Tides but that was a major stupid thing to do... The idea is that I kind of ... lost the characters I had, isn't it? o.o
Is there any chance to go back to what I had in Sunlit Tides? Because when I sent those two back to it, well, guess what, empty... (Obviously). Plus, it was the only saved data I had WHICH, APPARENTLY got overwritten... :/ Now what do I do?
Any ideas?

Unfortunately if you dont have a backup copy of a town saved somewhere on your computer your likely screwed lol. sorry to say it but your town is lost. Typically i save several copies of each town. 1 copy for when i fist finish my tweaking of the town and i name that "WhateverTheTownNameIs-1" than i immediately save again under the name i will use it as. that way if i tweak it soo bad its no longer working, i can start from when it all began. if i do anything major i make a ""WhateverTheTownNameIs-2" as well. I also have a habbit of backing up my entire sims 3 folder often. ( i tweak alot ) Good luck and my condolences for your lost sims =(
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 7:38 PM
I am sorry to hear that. I am not sure this will work, but I use https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ for moving my sims back and forth between Egypt, china, other customs worlds and my hometown. When I do that I can always move back or go visit, and all relationships will still be with sims from the other towns. Meaning that maybe the mod can help you 'restore' your old Hometown. So when you install it, play the family and use traveler to move back into Sunlit tides. I can't promise it will work, but I guess it's worth a try.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/