Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:29 AM
Default Gross elder postures.
I've got a couple well-loved Sims coming up on the elder stage really quickly. I've already got one of their mothers as an elder, and I just can't stand the elder posture!

Has anyone ever found a mod that fixes the horrible, stooped-over, turtle-necking posture that elders have been given? I've searched pretty thoroughly, and at best all I can find is people asking this same question. Usually I just end up getting people asking about the Sims 2, in spite of the fact that I clearly typed in "-Sims 2", Google,. I can live with the fact that they become stick figures, but not how they stand and walk like they're literally two seconds from collapsing under the weight of their own skull.

Is it even possible to fix this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 12:55 PM
i know about this locomotion mod by shimrod. it could help with the walkstyle (its set to normal then) you need to be a registered member - but its free. i have no idea if the mood would need a update for 1.67 (by now the last updates listed in the description are for 1.63) i have no idea if this mod has efects on the posture or if the sims after walking snap back to creepyness ( like the zombies in sims 2 did - zombie walk - normal talk )

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
i know about this locomotion mod by shimrod. it could help with the walkstyle (its set to normal then) you need to be a registered member - but its free. i have no idea if the mood would need a update for 1.67 (by now the last updates listed in the description are for 1.63) i have no idea if this mod has efects on the posture or if the sims after walking snap back to creepyness ( like the zombies in sims 2 did - zombie walk - normal talk )

I do have a posture slider that I've used to mostly straighten out their spines when they're standing still (they still stick their neck out like they're preparing to be beheaded, though), so it's all down to the walkstyle now. Then I'll have to get rid of all the townies' canes, so they don't walk like doofuses anymore either. I mean, really, how many septuagenarians do you see walking like a pimp?
Alchemist
#4 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
I have no idea if the mood would need a update for 1.67 (by now the last updates listed in the description are for 1.63)

By Shimrod: "I have patch 1.66 installed and have checked all of my mods and tested in-game, and everything I have is fine with this patch. Also fine with the 1.67 patch."
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:10 AM
Also, Consort's Age mod sets it so the elder walk only gets applied after workouts or once they get really old. It might be a bit more than what you're looking for but IMO it's totally worth it.