Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#476 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 7:19 PM
I've got some work done on my townhouse construction project earlier and got lighting and fixrures added to some of the common area washrooms in the complex.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#477 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 8:16 PM
I am making a city that has been nuked
#478 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
If you were trying to load an existing project and changed the project files outside of BodyShop, it can react like that.

I see. When you say outside, do you mean when BodyShop is open and I move to another program, or when it's closed?
Forum Resident
#479 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
I see. When you say outside, do you mean when BodyShop is open and I move to another program, or when it's closed?

It could actually be either but more likely when BodyShop is closed.

When it's open, we're changing the content of the files even with other programs as we make whatever it is we are making. But if we change a project's name, change a file's attributes, change a file's name or remove a file from a project then BodyShop won't like that when it comes time to reload the project. I know it has crashed on me because I was swapping texture files and accidentally put in one which was bigger than the original. Since I'd made the replacement in a graphics program and didn't pay close enough attention to the size of the texture it contained, the file size of my replacement differed from the original and BodyShop threw up.

It's generally not the content of the files which causes issues, it's when the attributes of the Project or the attributes of files within the Project change which cause the problems.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#480 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:57 PM
^ Yup.

You may not want to do anything to the package files in the Project folder (that can include changing categories, unless you plan to only use the project once and then delete it). Project files/folders can occasionally bug out. Plus, they're just templates and eventually get deleted with the project anyway.

Wait until the proper, working files are safely imported into the SavedSims folder, and Bodyshop is closed down before you change categories or do any other edits in the PropertySet or MeshOverlay (and whatever the resource is called for makeup, I can't remember).

I don't change the size of the textures unless I make absolutely sure I'm changing the size of both the texture and the alpha at the same time (making sure it's the same size and the proper size, of course), then save both files, close the files, and open them back up again. That way I know the size is saved, even if I go back in the history panel. I also use the same files, so I know Photoshop saves the proper format (because PS usually does that - not all programs do, unfortunately). If you save new files, or open a new file and then save over the files, it's easy to make mistakes that makes Bodyshop confused. Of course, sometimes you don't have much of a choice (like Gimp).
Field Researcher
#481 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 11:32 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 15th Oct 2020 at 1:54 AM. Reason: typos
@TadOlson that building looks really nice, I like it.

@Chris Hatch I loaded your FM D36 bodyshape in BS using your nude bodyshop model and looks as great as I expected, a beautiful shape halfway between Fashion Model and Fitchick, well honestly I see it closer to Fitchick in its volume but better defined than FM or Fitchick, a detail that caught my attention is that the skin file does not have skin textures inside it only someones for 3d pubes, but it loads my default S1 skin (Rensim Peau light) on the shape, as I told in your nude BS model, hence I cannot post any screenshot here, but that detail and the fact it was done with a full body mesh, looks very interesting to me, well I'd love to try it with non default skins too, then I'm making an attempt to it, here is an image of the folder with my first proposed textures, just need to import and try them in a sim, but I'd like to have a wide diversity of tones for it, just like us, real people have.

Diversity rocks!!!

Just a small couple of questions about, which male bodyshape is linked to it? and also which female teen is linked too?

On the other hand, recently I've been making new recolors for some of my own old picture and poster frames that were once available at Back Alley Sims, I'm posting some pics to not derail the post again.

For the painting frames

And for the block frame used for posters, left side is the original poster.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Scholar
#482 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:43 PM
That skin uses genetic pubic hair which bodyshop can't handle, bodyshop will probably create a skin that only works for black haired girls. I can't remember the last time I used bodyshop to create anything, I use SimPE for everthing. I think I linked the males in that skin to the default meshes, I don't really know or care as I have no idea what male bodyshapes are what. It deliberately only uses default textures to keep the file size small.

On the opposite end of file size I added a skin that uses 2048 x 2048 textures for adult and teen females. The females are linked to Bobby TH's BootyGravity [C] bodyshape (meshes included) an almost unused bodyshape because of it's similarity to Bobby's original Bootlicious. The textures aren't high quality, just stretched default but SimPE can't change the size or format of LIFOs (must edit the header with a Hex Editor) so if you wanted to try making a high quality skin and/or test for problems using such large textures you can try these CJH_Booty[C]-2048-S1Skin.zip (14.2 MB)

I uploaded a file for you JRthings.zip (4.4 MB) that has you original VW cop car. It also has an altered version of your Vintage Poster Collection (Saber Marionette Lime - mesh by JR), (the mesh you have used above so I am sort of on subject). I altered the UV so the re-colours don't need to include the backing texture which makes them smaller and easier to do, and it includes a diagonal mesh so it can be placed on diagonal walls.

What I have actually been up to is I just made the jump rope animations jiggly but I can't post pics of that. I finished making a six tile wide shop front entrance. The sign above the door has a lod90 mesh so it looks good and lights up from neighbourhood view. The entrance has no diagonal but it has matching one tile and three tile windows that do.
CJH_ShopFront.zip (377.6 kB)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#483 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 12:21 AM
@Chris Hatch thank you so much my friend, I think those 2048 diffuse textures will be of great help for the plan we talked about, First I can test its impact in game's performance and depending on its results, also I can use them as start point to draw/paint the ones for the "Angel" and "Fitboy" bodyshapes over them, if the plan becomes into a serious project, it's a guide/blueprint better than the UV, at least it's less abstract than the Uv map, on the other hand I loss the Gravity shape, then I'm getting it again in your file.

Already nabbed the JRthings.zip file, but I wasn't the only member who grabbed it, then the other members who got it, possibly would like to grab the recolors Stephan did for it, they're here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2115134/ and here is a screenshot of one of them: (German Police)

Original texture is shown in your post to the sim couples topic and the Dutch one is in my reply , talking about that reply, I posted there a render of my favorite police car in its final version converted to Daz studio format, here is a pic of an early Sims 2 version of the same car, for the Daz version I had to borrow the wheels and seats, as the ones I did got deformed in a way I didn't like, that's the only change I did for the Daz version, I loss the final sim version, (.package file) but since I own the original obj model, soon or late I'll replace the geom for the final version, I have it for the British way of handling (used in Japan) and a mirrored one for the American style.

About the modified frame, loves the idea of a diagonal mesh of it, thanks again, but I have a question. does it overrides my original mesh? or I can use both versions in the game.

Another pic of the paintings I shown in my previous post, to give readers and idea of its ingame size, not noticeable in the other post.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Mad Poster
#484 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 1:51 AM
Nothing to show for in-game at the moment, since this whole project is glitchy, but since I talked about it a few times in some other threads;

What you are looking at is some of the Better Audio and Soundtrack Tool files. A preview to how it'll be setup. BaST is a side project of mine that aims to overhaul the game Soundtrack, as well as fix some bugs such as music playing in the wrong mode(s). New genres, reorganized genres, widescreen fix, new songs, fix for the .mp3 documents folder lag. Not all of that is implemented yet, but it's what I'm working on.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#485 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Nothing to show for in-game at the moment, since this whole project is glitchy, but since I talked about it a few times in some other threads;

What you are looking at is some of the Better Audio and Soundtrack Tool files. A preview to how it'll be setup. BaST is a side project of mine that aims to overhaul the game Soundtrack, as well as fix some bugs such as music playing in the wrong mode(s). New genres, reorganized genres, widescreen fix, new songs, fix for the .mp3 documents folder lag. Not all of that is implemented yet, but it's what I'm working on.

@HarVee it sounds truly interesting to me, hopes to hear more of the project in a short time.

Mad Poster
#486 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 1:15 AM
I got a working widget for BaST. You can see it in this post. Right now all the widget does is display the currently played song. Eventually I plan on making it so you can skip and pause songs (a feature EA/Maxis forgot to add). The widget is a primitive box atm. Not so fancy.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#487 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I got a working widget for BaST. You can see it in this post. Right now all the widget does is display the currently played song. Eventually I plan on making it so you can skip and pause songs (a feature EA/Maxis forgot to add). The widget is a primitive box atm. Not so fancy.

Nice addon, I just seen the pics in the linked post and looks great to me, if you can add the other features you told us, it will rock!

Alchemist
#488 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 9:13 PM
I'm taking a weekend break from BHAVs and made some wing recolors.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#489 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 8:30 PM
They look good. I particularly like the blue ones. Now I'm tempted to make a snow fairy sim.
Mad Poster
#490 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 3:36 PM
Trying out some new concepts for a residence with a factory look. The space in the middle is a driveway. Think it was over 20 thousand, but still cheap (unfurnished)
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#491 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:46 PM
I've got a project that can be ready for upload very soon and it's a neighorhood that goes into the neighborhoods folder and is ready to load and be played though you have to build your own lots or install and place some of my own builds down.The terrain is from the game.
Screenshots
Instructor
#492 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 12:40 AM
@grammapat: That looks really nice, a bit like a real old factory building in the town where I grew up. Are you by any chance thinking of sharing that house?
Mad Poster
#493 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 3:21 PM Last edited by grammapat : 22nd Jan 2021 at 11:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
@grammapat: That looks really nice, a bit like a real old factory building in the town where I grew up. Are you by any chance thinking of sharing that house?

Gee, thank you. I've never downloaded anything..gave up when tried to use AGS and whole game install was destroyed! One of the things I like about it is that the ONE exterior door is inset so it doesn't look like a house (it's on the left in back view), and it's "matched" by a door in a "balcony" on the right side. It's not really a huge house; the whole area by the entry is a kitchen, dining, and small bath. Sims have to go up and across the access to the other side for the living area. Bedrooms all up-stairs. Could have added industrial duct-work, but it would have increased the price too much. I don't know if I'm allowed to send someone a lot PERSONALLY. Actually, my SIMS are so unique I would love to share...am actually surprised at some of the Sims you can download from here that just look like an unaltered Maxis pre-set.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#494 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 5:56 AM
Lavender Brown
Updating my Lavender Brown sim to be more unique

Before

After
Screenshots
Scholar
#495 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:36 AM
Testing the Limits of lot price valuation. Not even Sims 3 Sims could afford this gold vault!
Screenshots
#496 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 9:42 PM
Currently making Daniel from LiS2. It's painstaking because his facial features keep changing based on what screenshot I reference from, but I really like what I have right now. The eye shadow and birthmarks are custom-made, only about half an hour ago! As you can see from the other pics I'm also looking at finding the right hairstyle for him.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#497 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 8:36 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 5th Mar 2021 at 2:56 PM.
@Mischief Managed
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed on 24th May 2020
[Re the Romanov Sisters]
@ AndrewGloria I agree completely, thinking about gets me all emotional, and sad, and than angry, especially how easily they are forgotten

As I mentioned thinking about them gets me emotional, and I've always had a...hyperfixation with the Romanovs since I a child, (starting from watching the 1997, Anastasia than learning about the real story) Recently I re-listened to the Anastasia soundtracks (movie and broadway musical) and reignited my passion, which lead to tears and anger, so while taking a break from Harry Potter sims I realized I had 1. probably way more than necessary Edwardian clothing and 2. the 48 Around the world non default face templates, (I'm sorry I don't have the by who on hand) which included maybe 5? that had features found in Russia, Germany and UK etc (considering, Nicholas was Russian, Alexandra was German and both were grandchildren of Queen Victoria with some English heritage) So thought why not

As for doing the rest, eventually yes Nicky and Alexi are easy, as for Alix, like the girls I would love to use pooklet hair colors, as it has they redish/brownish/blonde color that they had but there are no Edwardian hairs in those colors. the ones I am currently using are 4t2 and 3t2 in maxis match brown as it's the closest in historical style

EDIT: here I threw together a quick version of Nicholas and Alexandra
I realize that I have a bit of a nerve asking this, especially so long after your last post on the subject, but is there any chance of you uploading the Romanov sisters? Ideally Nicholas and Alexandra too. I wouldn't do it as well as you would, but I could probably make Alexei myself if you haven't succeeded in making him yet.

I have this absurd idea of getting Juliette Capp to do what the British Royal Family should have done in 1917 and offer the Romanovs sanctuary in Veronaville. Of course it's absurd and historically impossible, but in The Sims 2 isn't anything possible? I'm sure Anastasia and her sisters will find life in modern Veronaville, with its nightclubs and gay scene, a tremendous culture shock compared to late Tsarist/early revolutionary Russia, but I'm sure it will be infinitely better than the brutal real life fate that awaited them in Ekaterinburg.

[EDIT] Since this is the Making Sim Stuff - Whatchoo Up To? thread, here's a picture of what I was up to this week:

I've been converting the Simphany.com metalic teen bikinis for adults. For some reason Simphany.com does these bikinis for children, teens and elders, but not for adults. Maybe they think there are plenty of other bikinis for adults. True, but, if this is your favourite style in every other lifestage, you might want to wear it as an adult too. I recently discovered that, when you don't need a new mesh, teen-to-adult (and vice versa) age conversions are easy.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#498 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@Mischief Managed
I realize that I have a bit of a nerve asking this, especially so long after your last post on the subject, but is there any chance of you uploading the Romanov sisters? Ideally Nicholas and Alexandra too. I wouldn't do it as well as you would, but I could probably make Alexei myself if you haven't succeeded in making him yet.

I have this absurd idea of getting Juliette Capp to do what the British Royal Family should have done in 1917 and offer the Romanovs sanctuary in Veronaville. Of course it's absurd and historically impossible, but in The Sims 2 isn't anything possible? I'm sure Anastasia and her sisters will find life in modern Veronaville, with its nightclubs and gay scene, a tremendous culture shock compared to late Tsarist/early revolutionary Russia, but I'm sure it will be infinitely better than the brutal real life fate that awaited them in Ekaterinburg.

[EDIT] Since this is the Making Sim Stuff - Whatchoo Up To? thread, he's a picture of what I was up to ths week:

I've been converting the Simphany.com metalic teen bikinis for adults. For some reason Simphany.com does these bikinis for children, teens and elders, but not for adults. Maybe they think there are plenty of other bikinis for adults. True, but, if this is your favourite style in every other lifestage, you might want to wear it as an adult too. I recently discovered that, when you don't need a new mesh, teen-to-adult (and vice versa) age conversions are easy.

@AndrewGloria Oh no worries at all I actually have been considering it , as I mentioned before I don't just want to delete all the sims I worked hard on just because I am no longer playing the game/plan on having a non compatiable computer

I will most likely start a Creator feed back form once I get caught up on my Harry Potter sims uploads, which I made a to do list and there's only 4 left, and all it really is are just descriptions that I am stuck on
and I definitely agree with you on the British royal family. Oh most certainly but I am sure they'd get used to it, better doctors for Alexei at least
#499 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:04 AM
Pendants!
Brooch
Pinwheel
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#500 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 2:57 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 1st Apr 2021 at 5:58 PM.
Now that I have almost all the exteriors of the new neighborhood I am doing the interiors. Right now deciding where to put the damn stairs with a wall that covers everything because I don't like railings or half walls xD

edit: i got it

Screenshots
Page 20 of 22