Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 6:02 AM
Default Need some assistance on making deco buildings
Hello! I've been making alot of deco buildings and using the late night billboard as the base in tsrw so it can light up at night. I keep on getting the vertexdeclaration error when I import the mesh in tsrw and once I place the object in caw the overlay doesn't align with the mesh and the shadows are all shifted. I really don't know how to tackle this issue and any help is appreciated

Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:46 AM
I know a bit about making meshes and mapping them, and would like to learn taking it into the game.

Have you made the mesh from scratch? Can you take a picture straight from the front? I have trouble understanding the issue.

Edit: oh, you need the lightmaps to regenerate I believe? That's something I would like to know as well. I have heard about the issue before, but this might not be the right place to ask. Perhaps you will have some luck though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 4:31 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I know a bit about making meshes and mapping them, and would like to learn taking it into the game.

Have you made the mesh from scratch? Can you take a picture straight from the front? I have trouble understanding the issue.

Edit: oh, you need the lightmaps to regenerate I believe? That's something I would like to know as well. I have heard about the issue before, but this might not be the right place to ask. Perhaps you will have some luck though.

Yeah they light up perfectly at night but my overlay/diffuse map is messed up because of the vertexdeclaration error... I could make it a decor object (which makes the textures look perfect) but it won't light up at night
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Here’s a tutorial for it: https://hydrangeachainsaw.tumblr.co...shiny-buildings

I use that tutorial but I don't have showtime so I opted on using the billboards from late night... It might be what is causing this issue.